What's new

Esme Coco DTW Automated 12 Plant grow

Esme

Thanks you guys.

@techattack - 2 weeks hopefully they stop there stretch if not I do have a bit more movement with the lights but we are only talking a 20/30cm max that will be at the top of the ceiling I would be in trouble if I was to run the way I do in grow tents.

Day 21 I will strip back all the fan leafs, and under growth that is not getting any of the light.

There is 9 plants there to be honest i should have done LST way before i had done it.

I'm going to run this critical again in a large 12 Light room and this room next run when this all comes down now I know what I'm dealing with.

At the moment the RH is to high for my liking 56 lights on 65 Lights off and the temps are 31c with this heat that we have outside.

The problem is the room next door is facing the sun the most so it tends to warm up and there is air coming from there into the grow room so that's one issue that can be sorted out by running ducting to the cold air.

I will try these methods first, but if that fails I'll add another fan into the room only a 6", but that's some serious extraction for a small room like this.

Esme

Picture are incoming, Been very busy.

Everything is looking good apart from one plant. Got pictures will upload see what people think.

Esme

So guy's here are the pictures of the plant that I'm not sure what is going on with look's like LOW nitrogen claw.

What do you people thing I thought it might be from where the roots are in the run off but it's not.

What do you think ?

picture.php

picture.php

Esme

We have another issue going on as-well,

Plants in the room are different size's some are large some are small there are 4 large plants and the rest are big plants but not as tall.

What do you guy's think I should do move the plants around so one side are larger plant.

See the pictures and see what you think, Would be a great if some people could put some input in.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SuperBadGrower

awesome! I'd never care about 1 plant's leaf shape if all the rest looks fine :)
Sort small to big only if the big ones block fans/air IMO (otherwise too big a hassle)

Esme

awesome! I'd never care about 1 plant's leaf shape if all the rest looks fine :)
Sort small to big only if the big ones block fans/air IMO (otherwise too big a hassle)

Never seen a plant like that just got me confused was thinking where the roots in the run off are drinking causing me problems but that’s not the case with that plant. What is annoying is the fact they are so tall I’ve had to raid the lights high to the top.

That’s fine I over vegged but I think this is going to effect final yield as plants under carbon filter etc not getting enough light.

Going back to sort it all out tomorrow, think the round before I fucked that up not having the light hitting the middle section. thing with rooms it’s hard to get them running smoothly on just a round or 2, maybe re position the carbon filter next round.

Esme

Yeah agreed. The room is white but not good enough so will be lining the room before next run for sure.

Hey mate, Here are the pictures of some of the stuff that was chucked in the trim bag.

All you got to-do is go over it and and trim the little bits off, This stuff was not bone dry like you should chuck in and I left the fan leafs on if you take them off before you hang to dry even less work.

Yeah Tri do come off, but the time it save's is massive. Big large buds are dry trimmed by hand. Keeps the trim in the bottom of the bag to be used or sold on.

You want it so you can run your finger down the bud and all the leafs will snap off.

These are not the best example but I was getting to excited to use the bag the rest of the stuff was all tight bud's.

This bag means I can do whole house's on my own without any help means less risk of people knowing.

The room that I used this on took me 30mins to cut and hang the plants, 2 weeks to dry, then 2/3 hours to trim it all.

Normally would take me 36Hr's to get that all done with 2 of us. then drying time on top. About 33hr saving that's a lot of time saved.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

raCURE

That’s pretty solid to be fair... bit of a clean up after is a lot quicker than by hand.

How much can you load at a time in the bag?

SuperBadGrower

You can also get there^ by stop watering, dim half the lights and let it dry in the pot after it looks finished. (While it lives)

pine-on-the-vine.jpg

Just ignore what the bro scientists and armchair forum nerds may think or say, as your wallet will probably disagree with them

Inside paper bags in 5gal buckets with gamma seal and ... "bob is your uncle"
Try it on 1 plant next time see what you think. (Actually happen to be smoking on that as I type. it doesnt create bogus unlike water curing for example)

edit: Shut off half the ligths, not dim them. Dim the room I mean.

Last edited:

Esme

You can also get there^ by stop watering, dim half the lights and let it dry in the pot after it looks finished. (While it lives)

View attachment 533295

Just ignore what the bro scientists and armchair forum nerds may think or say, as your wallet will probably disagree with them

Inside paper bags in 20gal buckets with gamma seal and ... "bob is your uncle"
Try it on 1 plant next time see what you think. (Actually happen to be smoking on that as I type. it doesnt create bogus unlike water curing for example)

I know you can make your own bag with buckets and that, just a lot easier for me to buy it.

£350 for a bag that you can make do the same with a bucket is a lot mate, works though. I’ve seen fake trim bags for £150 on eBay.

Esme

View attachment 533295

Inside paper bags in 20gal buckets with gamma seal and ... "bob is your uncle"

I’m going to give this a try on 2 plants, as you say see how that goes.

SuperBadGrower

Timed right it gets rid of all the fan leaves by crisping them out and the buds are almost smokeable, at the very least ready for transportation without messing them up. Dry enough that it will never rot if you have to keep it in a container. And it causes a most natural and beautiful "finish" on the plant. as you can maybe imagine I found out about it by accident lol
Pretty soon it became regular practice. If the end goal is dry product why harvest a 100% wet plant? Saves such a chunk of time. Of course, everyone will say that such a technique produces shit quality.. Careful with the HIDs, you obviously don't want the hotspot of a 600 or a 1000 anywhere near plants whose medium is drying up.

Anyway, just a tip for some situation I guess. you might try it and not like it. If there is a plant that is good when harvested wet but shit when harvested dry, I honestly wouldn't know about it. (once you switch to harvesting everything "dry" then you already are selecting for plants where it works fine)
Whats "dry", well, anything a few hours past the wilting point (all leaves hanging) already puts it in a much better spot than drenched wet IMO. Then you don't have 100% wet leaves hanging on buds. All that does translate to better microclimates, your dehu working less = temp stays within margins... etc all kinds of benefits really

Once they are dried out you simply buck the buds, and into the paper bags they go
I didn't notice that what you showed was a trim bag. So yeah, you would use that. I bet you could save at least 7 days if you dried them out in their pots like that

Lol every time I mention that I feel like I'm talking out of my ass and giving bad advice.It goes against everything anybody would ever tell you. But maybe it's a tip worth gold. Would be cool if you tried it some time and let me know what you think. Other than that my approach was exactly the same, wet hang for 14-20 days in something like 50% but I would be taking off fan leaves a few days before harvesting otherwise it's too messy. The trim bag offers a nice solution in that regard I suppose. As a bubble guy you piqued my interest about them now... I dont mind trichromes falling off (but at the same time I bubble good quality stuff and this will get relatively more junk material in the mix)

Esme

Timed right it gets rid of all the fan leaves by crisping them out and the buds are almost smokeable, at the very least ready for transportation without messing them up. Dry enough that it will never rot if you have to keep it in a container. And it causes a most natural and beautiful "finish" on the plant. as you can maybe imagine I found out about it by accident lol
Pretty soon it became regular practice. If the end goal is dry product why harvest a 100% wet plant? Saves such a chunk of time. Of course, everyone will say that such a technique produces shit quality.. Careful with the HIDs, you obviously don't want the hotspot of a 600 or a 1000 anywhere near plants whose medium is drying up.

Anyway, just a tip for some situation I guess. you might try it and not like it. If there is a plant that is good when harvested wet but shit when harvested dry, I honestly wouldn't know about it. (once you switch to harvesting everything "dry" then you already are selecting for plants where it works fine)
Whats "dry", well, anything a few hours past the wilting point (all leaves hanging) already puts it in a much better spot than drenched wet IMO. Then you don't have 100% wet leaves hanging on buds. All that does translate to better microclimates, your dehu working less = temp stays within margins... etc all kinds of benefits really

Once they are dried out you simply buck the buds, and into the paper bags they go
I didn't notice that what you showed was a trim bag. So yeah, you would use that. I bet you could save at least 7 days if you dried them out in their pots like that

Lol every time I mention that I feel like I'm talking out of my ass and giving bad advice.It goes against everything anybody would ever tell you. But maybe it's a tip worth gold. Would be cool if you tried it some time and let me know what you think. Other than that my approach was exactly the same, wet hang for 14-20 days in something like 50% but I would be taking off fan leaves a few days before harvesting otherwise it's too messy. The trim bag offers a nice solution in that regard I suppose. As a bubble guy you piqued my interest about them now... I dont mind trichromes falling off (but at the same time I bubble good quality stuff and this will get relatively more junk material in the mix)

Defo going to give a few plants a try like that if all goes to plan. Will keep you updated and will probably need some guidance.

Esme

Update here guy's. Lot's of pictures. Still a problem with 2 of the plants now the rest of the plants are budding nicely but I have 2 that are slow at budding one with the Claw leafs and one under the same light.

Pictures are below, What do you lot think?

Could this plant be re-vegging going to check for a light leak, Don't think there will be one as I've checked and the other plants would be re-vegging.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts