What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Eleutherios

I was able to keep them from triggering prematurely, when moving from inside to out, by vegging them under a 15 hour cycle and then moving them outside when the evenings synced up. Also, if you are paying attention, when you see the 1st signs of them triggering via root constriction, it seems like 95% of the time, you can stop it by gently breaking up the root mass and up potting.

Right now I am doing my 1st round with them indoors alongside some Strawberry Cough x ErdPurt, that has some interesting aromas developing. Hopefully I can get a camera to put up some pictures. Planning on letting both of them overripen for some high CBN sleepy time dry sieve.

Dubi, thanks for the info. That is interesting that color is the more predictive factor. It is also rather handy that the various aromatic expressions could be used in both CBD and THC-CBD crosses. To what degree would you (or anyone else out there in internet land) say that it influences crosses, made with it, in terms of flavor?

Theorganicguy

It is also rather handy that the various aromatic expressions could be used in both CBD and THC-CBD crosses. To what degree would you say that it influences crosses, made with it, in terms of flavor?

High Eleutherios :)

Here's what I've learned from growing EP and a couple crosses made with it:

Structure: extremely dominant. Every cross I've grown, even the ones that gravitated more towards the mother (EP was the father), has shown some woody and rigid stems.

Cannabinoids: extremely dominant. Even when crossed with some high THC plants, the results were a lot of high CBD/low THC plants. Finding a powerful offspring isn't impossible, you may need a bit of pheno hunting though.

Terpene: average dominant. EP tends to add pungent, piney and hashy aromas. Even honey and forest floor in some cases. The stem smell can provide some insight on what to expect.

Flowering: highly dominant. Pure EP could be harvested after 7 weeks of flowering. This usually translates in a shorter flowering time and an earlier onset when outcrossed.

Bud structure:Average dominant. Depends on the specific pheno chosen to bred with. Some EP expressions aren't as mould friendly as they might look. Flowers can vary from rock hard to slightly compact ones.

Take a look at the two males I posted at #179 and #181, as a reference. The first male had a strong pine smell and a red stem. Crosses made with it were usually stronger, had high mould resistance and a sweet, forest floor taste. The green, compact male had a hashy smelling stem and, as a matter of fact, produced some strong smelling, hashy and sour plants. Buds were rock hard, less mould resistant and a lot of exemplars showed high cbd content.

I hope this could help you :tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent post Theorganicguy :)

Your experience when outcrossing ErdPurt matches perfectly with mine. Couldn't explain it better, thank you very much! ;)

That's correct Eleutherios, increasing photoperiods of 16 hours of light per day (or more) and by avoiding the ErdPurts get pot-bound put them back to growth,
a sign that despite the very fast flowering onset this strain has, ErdPurt is not a 100 % autoflowering strain, but semi autoflowering.

I was able to keep them from triggering prematurely, when moving from inside to out, by vegging them under a 15 hour cycle and then moving them outside when the evenings synced up. Also, if you are paying attention, when you see the 1st signs of them triggering via root constriction, it seems like 95% of the time, you can stop it by gently breaking up the root mass and up potting.

Eleutherios

I found that 15 hours on was enough and being that my strategy was to sink up the indoor with the natural photo period before putting them out, that I got to move them out sooner with a slightly shorter flowering time. It isn't as much of a problem with Erdpurt, but in general, the transition can induce flowering in the spring, which then sets the plant back, needing to reveg, eventually making them take longer to flower again in the long run. It is more of a general strategy, but it worked at least last season with all individuals.

ErdPurt: Follow-up from posts 250 and 255

ErdPurt: Follow-up from posts 250 and 255

Hey, all! I harvested my ErdPurt on 3/21, on day 62 since 12/12. She absolutely reeks, in a good way! :biggrin:

I kept her pretty small (she filled less than 2 ft sq) so when I chopped her trunk (I love PVC cutters), I took her downstairs to show her off to my wife. The cat immediately sprinted across the room and went crazy, meowing and sniffing. I let her nuzzle some fan leaves, but that's about it -I'm not crazy on cat hair in my flower. Guess this lady smells good?

This was my first time growing in this soil and in this environment. In all, it went well enough, but I'm eager to grow a clone of her in a different environment, one that I'm a little more used to. I'm not great on identifying smells with many strains, but I thought this one smelled very sweet. I couldn't tell if it was fruity or earthy. The flowers are quite frosty, although there are lots of small leaves throughout the flowers. I haven't flowered with this light in about four years, and I think it would be better to turn off the blue spectrum on this light before the third week of flower.

I'm excited for the smoke test! I'll be back in a week or two to share my enjoyment of this strain. Thanks, Dubi, for your hard work and for facilitating these forums!

Day 62 Flower, Harvest day

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi baconman :)

Really nice outcome on your purple ErdPurt!
Big chunky flowers for such a small plant, good job :yes:

Glad the smells at harvest time are of your taste and of your cat too ;)
Looking forward to know your opinion about her after curing process.
Thanks to you for supporting our work and sharing your results here with all of us :tiphat:

Hi baconman

Really nice outcome on your purple ErdPurt!
Big chunky flowers for such a small plant, good job

Glad the smells at harvest time are of your taste and of your cat too

Looking forward to know your opinion about her after curing process.
Thanks to you for supporting our work and sharing your results here with all of us :tiphat:
Thank you, Dubi! I appreciate hearing that. :biggrin:

It's a pleasure to support ACE's work! I've never had this level of transparency or interaction with anyone in the cannabis industry, let alone a breeder. ACE gear is on another level than any of the other handful of "breeders" that whose gear I've tried. All I did was drop the seed/plant into organic soil and provide water, aloe and hydrolyzed fish once or twice. The genetics speak for themselves. :tiphat:

I feel the same about my Bangi Haze flower that I'm about to finish (on the last 7-10 grams :nono:). I grew two plants last fall, December harvest for both. I've gotta get one of the clones into flowering. It's my morning flower, sets a perfect tone for the day and lasts for hours, gently tapering off :dance013:

Does anyone have any experience with exposing Erdpurt to cooler temps during the early stages of life? I am wondering how Erdpurt would fare if placed outside after ~3-4 weeks of indoor veg when night time temps are still in the 50°F (°10C) range. I don't have much space for indoor veg, in this case I am limited more by pot size rather than height. Currently my goal is to start them inside and move them outside before space becomes an issue.

Theorganicguy

Does anyone have any experience with exposing Erdpurt to cooler temps during the early stages of life? I am wondering how Erdpurt would fare if placed outside after ~3-4 weeks of indoor veg when night time temps are still in the 50°F (°10C) range. I don't have much space for indoor veg, in this case I am limited more by pot size rather than height. Currently my goal is to start them inside and move them outside before space becomes an issue.

Hi, Indicanna Bones,
It just happens that I have a small Erdpurt growing under harsh conditions, ranging between 6 and 3C at night. She was sprouted around middle March, spent the day on a window's hill and was brought inside at night. After two weeks, she was moved outside and has stayed there ever since. She isn't showing signs of distress :)
This strain can definitely take an hit or two, especially temperature-wise.
I hope I could help you!

attachment.php

View image in gallery

:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpg
    IMG_5770.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 29

gorilla ganja

" night time temps are still in the 50°F (°10C) "

They will handle that temp no problem. They will not miss a step.

Peace GG

Hi, Indicanna Bones,
It just happens that I have a small Erdpurt growing under harsh conditions, ranging between 6 and 3C at night. She was sprouted around middle March, spent the day on a window's hill and was brought inside at night. After two weeks, she was moved outside and has stayed there ever since. She isn't showing signs of distress :)
This strain can definitely take an hit or two, especially temperature-wise.
I hope I could help you!

View Image
View image in gallery

:tiphat:

Thanks Theo, your feedback is just what I was looking for. You've had some nice grows with the Erdpurt, this whole thread inspired me to pull the trigger on Erdpurt for this season.

" night time temps are still in the 50°F (°10C) "

They will handle that temp no problem. They will not miss a step.

Peace GG

Much appreciated GG, I am going to pop some of these beans soon and get started.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Indicanna Bones,

ErdPurt can handle very well cold temps during its whole life (seedling stage too), in fact she works best with cold and dry conditions during flowering, like all the Afghans.

Thank you Dubi,

The climate I live in tends to have high humidity in the summer, but I am encouraged that Erdpurt should be able to finish before the heavy rains of early October @ 42°N. I will probably take your advice of topping the plants to avoid an overly dense central cola.

Eleutherios

Where I am is in the foothills but gets the mountain style cold nights. Also, I get think fog off of the river. The only issue that I ever got was a bit of pm, but it was on a nearby plant and was manageable via neem and simply policing the plants for infected leaves.

Where I am is in the foothills but gets the mountain style cold nights. Also, I get think fog off of the river. The only issue that I ever got was a bit of pm, but it was on a nearby plant and was manageable via neem and simply policing the plants for infected leaves.

This is good to know, my location is coastal and pretty marshy so the fog is definitely a factor. I think I'm going to try a silica based foliar feed to help with pm this year. I read that silica helps strengthen plant cell walls and makes it harder for pm to infect the plant.

Theorganicguy

Thank you Dubi,

The climate I live in tends to have high humidity in the summer, but I am encouraged that Erdpurt should be able to finish before the heavy rains of early October @ 42°N. I will probably take your advice of topping the plants to avoid an overly dense central cola.

From what I've observed the red stemmed phenos have a bit less compact bud structure than the green ones and may deal better with humidity. Take things slowly with this kind of "pure indicas". The first time I grew them I supercropped and topped them way too early and they thanked me by turning into males, even if they had already started producing white hairs. I'd wait until the fifth or sixth node before manipulating them. Using small pots may also negatively affect the female-male ratio. The moral of the story: don't spare space with Erdpurt ;)

My small Erdpurt is whispering * order me...order me..." :biggrin:

attachment.php

View image in gallery

From what I've observed the red stemmed phenos have a bit less compact bud structure than the green ones and may deal better with humidity. Take things slowly with this kind of "pure indicas". The first time I grew them I supercropped and topped them way too early and they thanked me by turning into males, even if they had already started producing white hairs. I'd wait until the fifth or sixth node before manipulating them. Using small pots may also negatively affect the female-male ratio. The moral of the story: don't spare space with Erdpurt ;)

My small Erdpurt is whispering * order me...order me..." :biggrin:

View Image
View image in gallery

Quite a bit of insightful info there, thank you! I've started two for now, they're in solo cups and have just broken ground. I'm thinking about two weeks in the cups before I move them to a larger container and put them outside. Do you know if this strain is negatively impacted by transplanting? I am working with regular non-feminized seeds and would prefer to transplant to intermediate sized pots and sex the plants before placing them in their final pots. I know that true auto flowers do not appreciate their roots being disturbed, I am not sure if this holds true for semi-autos and fast flowering strains such as Erdpurt.

I have a plant that displayed whorled phyllotaxy, here it is at two weeks.

It's now at day 30, its got some pretty funky growth. It will be interesting to see what happens with the weird cluster of nodes.

Latest posts

Latest posts