What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Mountainkush

Hi MountainKush,

ErdPurt seedlings are fatty and so cute :kiss grin:

ErdPurt line produces frequently trifoliate seedlings and seedlings with weird branching although later they grow more symmetrically when reaching sexual maturity.

Good luck with yours!
Thanks Dubi, she is pretty cute. Doing well so far and keeping me entertained. It’s been fun watching this rouge branch catch up with the top cola.
This is the same one as my last post.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Same one again and that one branch that grew out is a weird oval shape with some very unique node patterns.
picture.php

My other one was topped and has the same odd branch. It’s been growing this strange wavy section up the center and appears to be topping itself.
picture.php

Kinda looks like it’s going to split into three.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Ran into some space issues and only ended up flowering the bigger one. This is actually my first time growing a plant without topping or tying it down. Starting to smell delicious with this fresh sweet scent that’s hard to describe.
Day 1 12/12
picture.php

4 weeks 12/12
picture.php

Burnt the tips a little fixing a mag def but doing ok now.
picture.php

The weird branch didn’t get too far in flower
picture.php

squatty

Beautiful plants Mountainkush. I grew Erdpurt outdoors once and I remember a wonderful smell of overripe, fermenting or rotting fruit.

Mountainkush

Beautiful plants Mountainkush. I grew Erdpurt outdoors once and I remember a wonderful smell of overripe, fermenting or rotting fruit.

Thanks squatty, my nose doesn’t work very well anymore but overripe fruit might be close. It’s a very appetizing smell in any case.
Finishing up pretty quick at 6 weeks with mostly brown pistils on the top half of the plant.
picture.php

The weird branch has this odd mohawk of pistils that’s been pretty cool to watch form.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Gosh! She is a true freak from the start until the end :D
Trifoliate seedling, splitting main stems in growth, and now fasciated in flowering. What a curious plant to grow and what an interesting growing experience to have too.

ErdPurt is usually super fast flowering, maybe not a 6 week finisher (haven't found any strain that can finish so fast yet) but we have harvested many ErdPurts at just 7 weeks of flowering and they were in their perfect harvest time.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience MountainKush! :)
Did you flower the second ErdPurt freaky plant ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ErdPurt regular and feminized stock about to finish

ErdPurt regular and feminized stock about to finish

Btw, our current ErdPurt regular and feminized stock is about to finish:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/erdpurtstd.html
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/erdpurt-fem.html

So definitely it's a good moment to get some stock if you plan to add her to your upcoming grows or breeding projects.

We are planning a new ErdPurt regular reproduction and selection (most probably for this fall, although yet not fully decided), using many different lines from previous generation, to widen up the genetic diversity of the line, increase the chance to find new gems and rare phenos, and parental plants with very high CBD chemotypes. if everything goes well, we will use the best parental plants from this new regular selections to produce new feminized stock too.
I will keep you updated with progresses.

Mountainkush

My Gosh! She is a true freak from the start until the end :D
Trifoliate seedling, splitting main stems in growth, and now fasciated in flowering. What a curious plant to grow and what an interesting growing experience to have too.

ErdPurt is usually super fast flowering, maybe not a 6 week finisher (haven't found any strain that can finish so fast yet) but we have harvested many ErdPurts at just 7 weeks of flowering and they were in their perfect harvest time.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience MountainKush! :)
Did you flower the second ErdPurt freaky plant ?

Hey Dubi,
She’s definitely been a weird one and I can’t wait to trim the leaves on that strange branch and see what the growth is like underneath.

She’ll be 7 weeks flowering tomorrow and almost all pistils are brown now except a few at the bottom. Getting some purple tones at the top now too. Mostly cloudy trichs now too with some amber and clear mixed in. Probably just a few more days to flush and ripen.

Unfortunately I ended up tossing the second one with no space for it. I’ve learned my lesson about starting too much too soon and just trying to do too much at once. I shut down my veg for a bit so I’ll have a chance to empty my flower tent completely before the next round and give it a good cleaning. I think it’s safe to start some new seeds tonight though so things are gonna get a little “hazy” on the mountain!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

ehhehehe yeah, i know the feeling ... too many plants in a limited space :)
Usually the fasciated flowers of a plant are more leafy, and less resinous and aromatic than the non fasciated buds of the same plant.

Looking forward to your upcoming 'hazy' grows ;)

Eleutherios

I wanted to report that I had a great experience, outdoors, in western Oregon, just south of the 45th with these. All autoflowered via root constriction, as advertised. It is pretty cool having obvious flower sites on the Summer Solstice. Average resistance to pm above average resistance to botrytis.

My question is: to what extent have you guys observed aromatic notes predicting chemotype? In other words, the deep coffee stuff had obviously higher THC levels and the berry stuff had almost no THC but obviously high CBD levels. I am curious the extent to which this is true across the board, as I get ready to work through a mtn of seeds.

Thanks for this gem Dubi!

uc1

any thoughts on this?

I'd like to germinate Erdpurt seeds beginning of April and take 1-3 clones of each. End of May or beginnig of June I'd like to bring them in 40L root pouches at an elevation from 600m to 1.000m at 15.5h daylight sun.

indoors I'd like to give them light from 05:30-22:00 to not get any revegging after getting sun.

Here is my flowering ErdPurt from fem seed. I dropped her into a cup of water on 11/20/19, and she popped out of soil on 11/24/19. I transplanted her from solo cup into a half gallon container on 12/11, and she was transplanted into her final ~12 gallon container on 12/28. She experienced a slight nutrient issue, quickly resolved, after the transplant, and she's been green since! I switched her light cycle to 12/12 on 1/19/20 so I'm estimating a harvest around 3/8-3/15.

She is in a small cabinet so space constraints dictate a closer proximity to the light than I would prefer, but I'll keep an eye out for negative effects. I've taken cuttings at two points over the last few weeks so I'm trying to decide if I should flower her out again or if I could fit a Bubba Hash in there...:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Eleutherios,

Glad to hear you have had a good experience growing ErdPurt in your climate and latitude :) and that the strain performed accurately as described in its strain description.

That's a good question. In our experience, the coffee smells can be found both in the green and purple phenos, although the purple ones usually show stronger the berry terpenes.

As far as we know through cannabinoid analyses and smoking tests, the green phenos are stronger and usually produce a very balanced THC:CBD chemotype,
while the purple phenos have the potential to produce high CBD/low THC chemotypes and balanced as well.

I wanted to report that I had a great experience, outdoors, in western Oregon, just south of the 45th with these. All autoflowered via root constriction, as advertised. It is pretty cool having obvious flower sites on the Summer Solstice. Average resistance to pm above average resistance to botrytis.

My question is: to what extent have you guys observed aromatic notes predicting chemotype? In other words, the deep coffee stuff had obviously higher THC levels and the berry stuff had almost no THC but obviously high CBD levels. I am curious the extent to which this is true across the board, as I get ready to work through a mtn of seeds.

Thanks for this gem Dubi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi uc1,

Sounds good to me. ErdPurt tends to easily flower due to its semi autoflowering tendencies, especially if you move plants or clones from indoors with longer vegetative photoperiod to outdoors with shorter days, so take this in consideration when planning you grow.

Best wishes!

any thoughts on this?

I'd like to germinate Erdpurt seeds beginning of April and take 1-3 clones of each. End of May or beginnig of June I'd like to bring them in 40L root pouches at an elevation from 600m to 1.000m at 15.5h daylight sun.

indoors I'd like to give them light from 05:30-22:00 to not get any revegging after getting sun.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi baconman1945,

Your green ErdPurt pheno looks great and healthy, great growth for an inbred pure indica of this kind. She should be producing classic earthy and coffee afghani indica terpenes at this point.

ErdPurt rarely give problems of space as it grows quite compact and does not grow with uncontrollable vigor and its stretching is very low in flowering, so she very rarely outgrows the indoor space unless you keep her in growing stage for too long.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :)

Here is my flowering ErdPurt from fem seed. I dropped her into a cup of water on 11/20/19, and she popped out of soil on 11/24/19. I transplanted her from solo cup into a half gallon container on 12/11, and she was transplanted into her final ~12 gallon container on 12/28. She experienced a slight nutrient issue, quickly resolved, after the transplant, and she's been green since! I switched her light cycle to 12/12 on 1/19/20 so I'm estimating a harvest around 3/8-3/15.

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
here a cross of Erdbeer x Erdpurt I made.

I'd say that the erdpurt male is quite dominant in this cross!

earthy and musky terps with pretty hard flowers!

daytime smoke

harvested in mid september

picture.php

boom :tiphat:

Hi baconman1945,

Your green ErdPurt pheno looks great and healthy, great growth for an inbred pure indica of this kind. She should be producing classic earthy and coffee afghani indica terpenes at this point.

ErdPurt rarely give problems of space as it grows quite compact and does not grow with uncontrollable vigor and its stretching is very low in flowering, so she very rarely outgrows the indoor space unless you keep her in growing stage for too long.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :)
Thanks, Dubi! Yes, I definitely smell the earthy and coffee scents. Thank you for making this strain available! I'll post again in a few weeks, once there is more flower development.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks StRa for the feedback,

You are right, ErdPurt is usually very dominant in its crosses.
It even dominates over the Skunk and Afghani in the Black Domina x ErdPurt cross.

I would love to try one day the Erdbeer clone and check how does it compare with ErdPurt seed line.

here a cross of Erdbeer x Erdpurt I made.

I'd say that the erdpurt male is quite dominant in this cross!

earthy and musky terps with pretty hard flowers!

daytime smoke

harvested in mid september

View Image

boom :tiphat: