What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

Illadelph

So by just bending the top over, it will help all the buds get more even amounts of light, and yeild more than if i didn't LST it?

should i tie them down now, or wait till flowering?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Start training now for full effect. The top shoot sends a message that says, "Get behind me and stay there." The plant obeys. Cut the top, the next two take over and deliver the same message. Bend the top over and ... something ... happens to the signal. Now the plant hears, "I've fallen and I can't get up!" Every stem is now convinced it's the boss and should be the largest bud on the plant.

algrow12

I would start now and also start to think about 12/12 if it was me I dont know the strain you are use but if its a strecher your cab is going to feel up fast

Illadelph

ya, i'm gunna make the switch here real soon. I figure the biggest ones will be males, thats the only reason i've let them get so big. Also, wanted things to liven up a little before that switch, the curl is definitely from the heat, which isn't even that hot, but it curls and uncurls according to the temperature, so its a pretty good indication. Maybe my thermometer is off. Gunna do taht 48hrs of darkness before switching, like doc says on his seed sight. ummmm, thats all for now, this was just a quick post.

osirica420

looking good!

Endless sky is a great strain i just got done with a run.. has a really fruity diesel smell that will fill the room rolling a joint...

One bonghit of this stuff is all you need anymore and u will be regretting it!

Last edited:

Illadelph

osirica, glad to here that i'm in for a treat. Buds look fantastic!
How long did yours take to flower, I think a few of us in here are curious???

Algrow, freezerboy, thanks for your posts.

Switched the res out tonight, to bloom nutes.
3/4 strength flora nova veg (because i ran out)
Regular use cal/mag/iron
Regular use floralicious plus micro nute
I guess kool bloom doesnt go in for another 4 weeks?

Changing the bulb, will leave light off for 48 hours as doc says to do for this strain on his website.

They got a little roughed up from the ordeal, but no damage as far as i can tell.

so should i get some of that CM90 shit when i go to get more bloom nutes?
anything else i should put on the list?

Hmm, thats all for now. No pics, because there is nothing much to see.

Excited to see how many females I got in there.

Please stay tuned

Last edited:

osirica420

yea i did mine for 36 hours off..
they were all yellow where the new growth came in but had preflowers everywhere...

I had a few i starting taken them down at the 8th week last ones at 10 weeks for extra couchlock..

I would take them down at 9 weeks personally..

Illadelph

osirica, you are a huge help. You think i Should do the 48hrs thing?

did the yellow go away eventually?

I Think what i'll end up doing for harvest is just chopping buds as they seem ready, instead of whole plants at a time. This way the lower buds get some sunlight after the top ones have been chopped.

algrow12

it's sm90 I would get it and start using it. I also would just buy the floranova bloom and not have to buy the floranova veg. All you have to use is just 8ml of the bloom to one gallon of water.It really does work good i'm sure freezerboy will tell you the same I belive I read on his sig where he use's the lucces formula also.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I use Lucas proportions (my actual formula is closer to 0-3-6) but, not with GH FloraNova. I use GH FloraMicro and FloraBloom with the occasional pH Down.

Never tried FloraNova, Floralicious or KoolBloom. Just make sure they don't utilize beneficial bacteria because the SM90 will kill them. It's what you pay for.

Illadelph

Got the SM90, Don't know if I utilize benificial bacteria or not. (maybe someone else can tell me) Got more florabloom too, added it in the portions algrow suggested.

did 36 hrs of darkness, the growth tips yellowed slightly as osirica said they would.

Leaves still a little curly, cab temps only 74.

Roots brown, i think stained from nutes. Brown above the water line mostly though. I felt it, and it didn't seem "Slimey" though, don't know if this is okay or not.

This ES is a lot less bushy than the bubba kush i grew. Taller, lankier, nodes much further apart, but maybe that is a good thing, because the fewer buds will be bigger and get more light and air.

Changed light bulb to HPS so they pics are a little tinted as compared to before

Thanks again everyone for your help and input.

Last edited:

pizzadude

i've run with floranova nutes both grow and bloom with great results, the roots were stained but then i introduced some Hygrozyme and that was cleared up FAST and the plants were loving every bit of it.

Illadelph

hey pizzadude, thanks for joining in

whats hygrozyme? is that the same as hydroguard. I dont have that shit but i saw in in the shop today and have heard it mentioned on here. So many different bottles of expensive shit involved in hydro. Its worth it in the end though.

Illadelph

wow, that is really nasty. After seeing that, I think my roots are probably doing just fine. They dont look like that.

Any thoughts on whether I will run into problems with the SM90 killing benificial bacteria?

update:
Edited Pics in to post #71

Last edited:

pizzadude

i dont agree with that post, i've had nothing but serious success with hygrozyme(could have been his floranova expiring). when i was running moms in buckets, and flowering in 9 plant dwc/drip tubs it made a night and day difference, even in dirt i saw a difference.

but those roots did look like shit, putting it mildly.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I can't say that they're correct. Never had root rot or slime. Only that it's a conclusion many came to after investigating the problem for years. All I'm saying is, it's worth the read. Do with the info what you will.

Illadelph

Okay, here are some pics of my roots, both with and without the flash.

and here are some pics of the plants, which look nice and healthy.

I can't decide whether or not I want to take clones, because now would probably be the time. I have 4 taller plants, which will probably turn out to be males, and 4 smaller ones that I think are females. I just don't want to have to cut a bud site off and sacrifice the but that would have been on it, and then fuck up the clones and not have them root, because i've never done it before, though i have read how many times, various methods, and I have all the required materials.

Also, I dont Really have anywhere to keep a mother plant right now, and suck at soil. I tried to grow a mother of that bubba kush (from seed) in soil under some CFLS, and I fucked em all up.

Pretty much i'm hoping that someone will convince me that its worth it, because I am really handicapping my yeilds starting form seed every time and having half of them be males. Not to mention it would shave a week or two off of my cycles.

Also, just for shits and giggles, here are some pics I took of some of that Bubba Kush After a nice cure. Almost out of this stuff

Thanks for tuning in.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I think your roots are simply stained. I had a similar problem with old GH Flora nutes. The Micro formula started to precipitate and collect on the roots. I don't know it was harmful, just ugly. New mutes cleaned me right up. I think with FloraNova, staining is just part of the package.

Start cloning before donors sex. Mark all donors and their respective cuts (I use colored toothpicks. Anything orange is Wilma. Anything blue is Betty. When Betty went Barney on me, I pulled everything with a blue toothpick)I prefer to flower the donors and cull clones but, some prefer to flower the cuts and cull the donors.

Cloning is pure Voodoo. What works for some is death to others. Many say domes are required, I say they guarantee disaster. Keep trying different methods till one works for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts