What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

Illadelph

Not flowering from seed. Veging to like 1.5 ft.

connoisser- what is ideal for res temps? Curling got better today, it was cooler out.

Illadelph

Just thought I'd update to bump my thread.

Trimmed off some dead leaves tonight. They were yellow with brown spots and crispy. The lowest leaves with only 3 fingers. I don't know what caused them to die like that. Anyone got any ideas?

anyway, here are some pictures of the amazing 8

Illadelph

Anyone have any experience with "Spray N' Grow" ?
I used it a few times during veg last go round and it seemed to cause little growth spurts after use. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on that.

also, thinking ahead, my next run i wanted to plant 10 white widow seeds with 5 jack herer bag seeds that i have. Do you think that this would be a problem with the two different genetics in the same reservoir and same nutrient regime? assuming the flowering times are close to the same?

Look forward to update with pics comming soon

Illadelph

havin a problem with a few of the plants.

HYDROPONICS:

What STRAIN are you growing? Endless Sky
What was the establishing technique? seed
What is the age of your plants? ~3 weeks from germ
What PHASE are the plants in? Seedling/veg
What Technique are you using? DWC
What substrate/medium are you using? hydroton with peat plugs
What is the Reservoir temperature? 96d F (36c)
What Nutrient's are you using? Floranova grow / floralicious plus micro nute
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? ~75ppm
What is the pH of the "Tank"? ~6.0
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? Pretty sure
When was your last watering? Not applicable
When was your last feeding change? bumped from 50ppm to 75ppm ~1 week ago

What size bulb are you using? 400w MH
What is the distance to the canopy? ~18"
What is your RH Factor? ~40%
What is the canopy temperature? ~86F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) should be constant
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) should be sufficient
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
Is your water HARD or SOFT? distilled
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched Trimmed dead lowest leaves after they had died (the 3 fingered leaves below the first set of 5 fingered leaves)
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? NO
Are plant's infected with pest's NO

My lower leaves are turning yellow, some having brown spots instead. They are turning crispy and dying. Don't know if this is too much or not enough nutes. They are 3 - 4 inches tall, in the third week from germination. Is 96 degrees too high for my res? if so, how do i bring the temp down? Anyone familliar with floranova products? do they suck or something? I have this problem every time. Maybe not enough micro nutes? I put in 5 tsp for about 11 gal. the bottle said 1 tsp for every 5 gal, so i have a little less, Anyway, check out the pics and let me know if anyone can tell me what is going on.

(also, they are a little on the pale side, could just be the light)

added another tsp of micro nutes just incase, at about 3/4 streangth reccomended dose now

some look better than others. Too bad the big strong healthy ones always turn out to be males.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
You need your water temps much lower, 68-72 are ideal. Over 72, the water holds less oxygen than the plant needs. You can rotate frozen bottles in and out till you figure it out. You may have other issues, but that one needs attention. Good luck bud.
H

Illadelph

haps, thanks for the quick reply, i'll check out the aquarium store for something tomorrow.

Update:

Aquarium chillers are like hundreds of dollars, anyone got any cheaper ideas?

I put 4 ice cubes in the res, dont know if it will help much. The problem with putting water bottles in is that it will make the water level go up. I guess i can do it if its nessiairy though.

Another Idea, what if i turned the light off for six hours a day? maybe from nine to three during the day, give things a chance to cool off in there a bit? Or I could even set it to turn off for 15 minutes every hour, anyone think that would help? Or even 1 hour every 3. don't know how this light cycle would effect the plants hormones though.

I would only be able to switch the frozen water bottles twice a day.

maybe get a shit load of ice cube trays, fill em with distilled water, and fill the back up res with ice cubes? so as the water from teh reservoir evaporates (which is only about a half galon a day) it will be replaced with a really slow trickle of ice water. Dont know if this whole process will happen fast enough to work though. just brainstorming here

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I'm excited to follow this grow - I've had an eye on endless sky for some time now.
I hope you'll get them to perk up - and I'm excited to see if they're coming down in 6 weeks with cloudy/amber.

Illadelph

well hey black, thanks for the encouragement. I'm curious to see how they go too. Where'd you get the sweet tooth genes? how did you like it?

blackone

Veteran
I got them as a weekend special, I don't think they have any more - I heard they were either seconds or some bulk seeds but I'm very happy with the genes.
Swt 1.1 is still available in some places - Chimera's Grapefruit X Blueberry is also from the same parents as Swt 1.1, so there shouldn't be any difference.
BC Sweet Tooth is also out there - it's bred from swt 3 and is supposed to be a fast finisher.
Barney's Sweet Tooth is not the same strain at all - I heard it was pretty good though.

Illadelph

The guys over in the infirmary were telling me that its probably my water pump that is heating up my res. since it is 10 degrees warmer than the air tempature in the cab. I was wondering if I could unplug the water pump at this point to eliminate that problem. All the plants have roots that hang down through the bottom of the net pots and just barely reach the water below. The water pump only supplies the drip heads for the drip irrigaton system. You think I can unplug it now? or even later when more roots are in the water?

also, there is an "ultrasonic fogger" in there too. You think that gives off heat? its just a little thing that vibrates "ultrasonicly"

Last edited:

Illadelph

I talked to the company that manufactures the cab today, they told me it is most likely the ultra sonic fogger that is heating up the res. so i unplugged it for now. Should I plug it back in?

also, they said that 400 ppms was appropriate for 4" plants, so i'm slowly raising up to that. I have yellow and rust spots on most of the plants, starting from the lower leaves and working its way up.

am I doing things right, or have i been mislead?

Illadelph

The fogger turned off brought me down to just below 90 degrees in the res. You think i can unplug the water pump too, or do I need water dripping on the starter plugs, even if the roots have begun to touch the water?

also, got some white slime forming on some of the starter plugs, looks like mucus. There is a layer of algea under it, but the slime i have never seen before. Suggestions?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Hot water is a good place for slime to grow. Touch the pump, is it hot, warm, that will give you your answer, which is probably yes. Can you plug the pump into a timer? If it does not run all the time is should not be to hot.
H

ps - My es is not a fast strain, 9 weeks min, I went ten and a half. Not even close to finished at 7 weeks, fucking joke.

Illadelph

added some cal mag to my reservoir which is what i think i needed to correct my difficientcy problem. Big up to the guys in the infirmary helping me get things dialed in. I been needing that kind of guidance for some time now. Not that I haven't gotten loads of help from all of you who have posted in my thread here, but i think i finally have a better understanding of nutrient regimes.

anyway, added a tsp of cal mag for every galon of water in my res. The iron in the cal mag broke my water pump, how do i get that working again? do i even need it at this stage with the roots well into the water?

Temps now down to 29(d) Celcius. Broken water pump has dried out the slime. Just kinda gunna wait and see how things react, i hope favorably.

Stay tuned for updated pics.

Illadelph

Update With Pics

Update With Pics

Things still turning around nicely. As you can see some plants are bigger than others. I'm running about 450 ppms, but atleast a third of that is cal mag, and the guy at the hydro store said that it didn't really count towards your nutrient level, and that you can't over do it with cal mag. I noticed that the smaller plants have bigger root structures. Meaning that they are all growing at about the same rate, but some are growing more above the medium and some are growing more below. Things are starting to even out thought, both below and above the surface.

With this size difference between the plants, will i run into problems having a nutrient level that is either two low for the bigger plants, or too high for the smaller ones?

I also have one plant that looks a more sativa like than the others.
The genetics are supposedly Iranian indica X grenadine. Don't know if grenadine has any sativa in it, but iranian indica sure doesn't sound like it does.

Hope things continue down the right path. Thanks for tuning in.

(sativa looking one above)

Illadelph

Leaves curled up around the edges like a canoe. Air Temps 75 F, water temps 80 F, i just threw a frozen water bottle in there to bring it down.

what do you think is causing the leaves to curl like that? Water temps?

I've been steadily increasing the nutes for the past few days, am now up to 720 ppms (at least a quarter of which is cal mag)

As you can see, they have been growing like mad, Might have grown close to double in size just over the long weekend.

Illadelph

Update w. pic

They are growing up fast.

still got that leaf curling problem though, dont think its from the light or air temps, maybe res. temps that is 80. But is there anything that can cause that other than heat?

scratch that, res temps are actually 74 F

Last edited:

algrow12

I think you need to go get a air pump.I had the same problem when I started. More air will fix your problem with the leaves and the brown spots are the ph is off dump the res and fill it with 8ml floranova grow to 1 gal of water. with your res being that hot I would also put 6ml to 1 gal of water of sm90

algrow12

also turn off the pumps they just heat the water up and if you already have a air pump put it outside the cab and run a long air tube to the res.

Illadelph

Thanks, I have TWO air pumps, so i'm all squared away in that department.

My PH swings from 7 - 5.6 and then i bump it back up to seven to repeat the cycle.

The spots seem to have been caused by a Cal/mag/iron deficientcy, which otherwise seems to have been corrected.

My res is 74 F. Is that "that hot"
I unplugged the water pump and ultrasonic fogger about a week ago, which is how i brought my res temps down, so i'm already ontop of that one.

I never heard of this sm90 stuff, what is it?

Thanks for the help but i'm not sure that you are understanding my problem. My leaves are curling up around the edges (as if they were suffering from heat stress) but i dont think that is the problem because my temps are within the acceptable ranges.

Thanks for posting, please stick around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts