What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

And this was as far as I took it before deciding to play with T5's. I never did flower a plant under the LED but I know it would have done well based on how it vegged ,,,

Attachments

• S_SAM_0337.jpg
    S_SAM_0337.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
  • S_SAM_0338.jpg
    S_SAM_0338.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
  • S_SAM_0339.jpg
    S_SAM_0339.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 11

Riddleme

Been 2 and a half weeks since flippin the TE's and they are gettin their bud on, I have a good feelin bout these :biggrin:

Attachments

• tewk3.jpg
    tewk3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
  • T_SAM_3592.JPG
    T_SAM_3592.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
  • T_SAM_3590.JPG
    T_SAM_3590.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
  • T_SAM_3589.JPG
    T_SAM_3589.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 12

Rocketman64

MCM Electronics catalog is the Playboy of electronics techs. Before I retired I was an installation technician and repair guru for a company that installed and serviced interactive educational products. That catalog(and ten others) would land on my desk from time to time. At my age it was better than a Playboy.
I've often wondered how well some of the high-power projection systems would work for a small grow. Some of the projectors I've worked on have some serious lumen output and can be infinitely adjusted for color wavelength with a laptop.
At a price-point somewhere in the $15,000 range it's not a very cost-effective way to go, unless maybe you get one out of the dumpster and make it work.(wink-wink)

Riddleme

MCM Electronics catalog is the Playboy of electronics techs. Before I retired I was an installation technician and repair guru for a company that installed and serviced interactive educational products. That catalog(and ten others) would land on my desk from time to time. At my age it was better than a Playboy.
I've often wondered how well some of the high-power projection systems would work for a small grow. Some of the projectors I've worked on have some serious lumen output and can be infinitely adjusted for color wavelength with a laptop.
At a price-point somewhere in the $15,000 range it's not a very cost-effective way to go, unless maybe you get one out of the dumpster and make it work.(wink-wink)
True dat !!! The company where I work now is an MCM distributor :biggrin:
The discount is very nice

Riddleme

Good Mornin Everyone !!!

Gettin to the part of the grow where takin pics is fun LOL I love the tric shots, prolly why I take so many :biggrin:

We'll start with a TE bud that just finished 3 weeks of flower

Attachments

• T_SAM_3641.JPG
    T_SAM_3641.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
  • tewk3a.jpg
    tewk3a.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11

Riddleme

Next we have a CTF that just finished 5 weeks of flower ,,,

Attachments

• ctfweek5b.jpg
    ctfweek5b.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 14
  • T_SAM_3639.JPG
    T_SAM_3639.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 14

Riddleme

Finally a Namaste bud that has finished 5 weeks ,,,,

Attachments

• T_SAM_3669.JPG
    T_SAM_3669.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
  • namwk5y.jpg
    namwk5y.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 12

Riddleme

I just thought this was cool, Tis a Komaoni (Charas) land race Sat that sprouted and was workin on its 2nd node before I planted it

Attachments

• T_SAM_3624.JPG
    T_SAM_3624.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 14

Rocketman64

Suplement questions

Suplement questions

Hey Riddle, just a couple quick questions regarding the amount of supplementation you're using with your Jack's.

You mentioned in your opening paragraphs that you're using Jack's Citrus and the Finisher. I also use J.R. Peter's products in my mini PPK system. I'm using the hydro formula and adding the calcium nitrate as recommended to give me a 20-20-20 with all the macro's and micro's. First, I want to mention the validity of the J.R.Peter's products. This stuff is money in the bank for me. I rarely ever have to make adjustments to my PH and NEVER see any kind of nutrient lockout. Quality, quality stuff and I don't see myself ever switching.

That being said, I'm curious about your rough percentages of supplementation with potassium sulfate, calcium sulfate and magnesium sulfate. You mentioned on the opening page higher sulfur being a key to higher potency. Are you being very strict with the amounts you're adding or did you just make an educated guess and adjust from there? Are you mixing separate solutions of each at a specific ec/ppm and then adding them one at a time or are you mixing all three supplements together and adding it as one? I already have very high-grade, water soluble forms of all three supplements you mentioned.

I was hoping to get a good starting point for a 10 gallon Jack's Hydro mix. I typically run this around 600-800 ppm for the duration of the grow making no additions along the way. I occasionally will drain about 3 gals. from the system and add fresh but this is only done once every four weeks.

I've had remarkable success using this rock-solid program with my bonsai/micro grows. I feel like I'm in the fine-tuning stage at this point and would like to incorporate some of your techniques to this system before I take it to a large scale operation.

Any input is always much appreciated! Keep up the awesome postings, we all love watching these plants develop into first-class smoke!

Riddleme

Thank you Rocketman !

I can tell you go slow, go light LOL I have tweaked it over the last 3 grows and feel I have it mostly dialed in and I am still playin with it in minor baby steps. When I first started I top dressed a plant with a tablespoon of Gypsum and let the watering drizzle it into the medium. Burnt the livin crap outta her, had to do a double flush to get her back. With that I realized my water had plenty of Cal so my adding of gypsum became 3 to 5 of the little pellets once a week NOTE: every thing I mix is to a gallon of water So if your water is good go light on the Calcium Sulfate !

With the 2 Jacks ferts I do 1/2 teaspoon of Citrus mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of Aquagold and an 1/8 teaspoon Epsom for veg I reverse this in the first 4 weeks of flower doing 1/2 teaspoon of Aquagold with 1/4 teaspoon of Citrus and the 1/8 th of Epsom

In week 5 I do 1/4 teaspoon of Aquagold mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Sulfate and the 1/8th of Epsom

In week 6 I do 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Sulfate and 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom

After this and to the end I rotate the 3 I just explained for flower and depending on how they look (green wise) I might give em a dose of the veg proportions once, in the latter weeks.

I do not feed every time I water, there are times they just get water but I make sure they get fed at least twice a week and I don't follow any kind of schedule I base what they get on how they look and only deviate from the mixes I have explained if there is a problem. As example I just had one show a mag def and hit her with 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom to a quart of water, she is now startin to come out of it (I have noticed some strains like more Mag)

Also if a strain shows they don't like the menu being fed to all, I do adjust it just for her but this is rare in most grows so far

I should also note that I have never owned a PPM or EC meter so to those numbers I have no clue, I have always based what I do on plant response. After watchin em for as long as I have I have gotten pretty good at it.

Rocketman64

Thank you Rocketman !

I can tell you go slow, go light LOL I have tweaked it over the last 3 grows and feel I have it mostly dialed in and I am still playin with it in minor baby steps. When I first started I top dressed a plant with a tablespoon of Gypsum and let the watering drizzle it into the medium. Burnt the livin crap outta her, had to do a double flush to get her back. With that I realized my water had plenty of Cal so my adding of gypsum became 3 to 5 of the little pellets once a week NOTE: every thing I mix is to a gallon of water So if your water is good go light on the Calcium Sulfate !

With the 2 Jacks ferts I do 1/2 teaspoon of Citrus mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of Aquagold and an 1/8 teaspoon Epsom for veg I reverse this in the first 4 weeks of flower doing 1/2 teaspoon of Aquagold with 1/4 teaspoon of Citrus and the 1/8 th of Epsom

In week 5 I do 1/4 teaspoon of Aquagold mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Sulfate and the 1/8th of Epsom

In week 6 I do 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Sulfate and 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom

After this and to the end I rotate the 3 I just explained for flower and depending on how they look (green wise) I might give em a dose of the veg proportions once, in the latter weeks.

I do not feed every time I water, there are times they just get water but I make sure they get fed at least twice a week and I don't follow any kind of schedule I base what they get on how they look and only deviate from the mixes I have explained if there is a problem. As example I just had one show a mag def and hit her with 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom to a quart of water, she is now startin to come out of it (I have noticed some strains like more Mag)

Also if a strain shows they don't like the menu being fed to all, I do adjust it just for her but this is rare in most grows so far

I should also note that I have never owned a PPM or EC meter so to those numbers I have no clue, I have always based what I do on plant response. After watchin em for as long as I have I have gotten pretty good at it.

Perfect. Thanks for info, it's just what I was looking for. Hopefully, I won't have to play around too much. I would much rather be proactive then reactive. I only grow a couple plants at a time so if I loose one, I start over basically.

I noticed my Cinderella 99 was a nitrogen/mg fiend. I seems I can never giver her enough. If I were to use the same amount of nitrates on other plants, they would puke.

Hey thanks again, you probably saved me a lot of screwing around. I feel comfortable with the levels you're suggesting. I can't wait to start my next set, just finishing up my Cindy99.

simsim

wow purple on Cindy.. I wonder where does that come from.. Cold nights?
yeah I also noticed that Cindy is a Mag freak.

RM, now that I look how much gypsum and epsom I was giving my plants, no wonder why I had all those lockouts... Somebody should make a stupid song with "less is more" lyrics that is impossible to forget... :)

Perfect. Thanks for info, it's just what I was looking for. Hopefully, I won't have to play around too much. I would much rather be proactive then reactive. I only grow a couple plants at a time so if I loose one, I start over basically.

I noticed my Cinderella 99 was a nitrogen/mg fiend. I seems I can never giver her enough. If I were to use the same amount of nitrates on other plants, they would puke.

Hey thanks again, you probably saved me a lot of screwing around. I feel comfortable with the levels you're suggesting. I can't wait to start my next set, just finishing up my Cindy99.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58618&pictureid=1372497&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58618&pictureid=1372501&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58618&pictureid=1372495&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Nice colors on her, how low are your temps dipping or is she doing that natrually? :pimp3:

Rocketman64

Nice colors on her, how low are your temps dipping or is she doing that natrually? :pimp3:

I'm growing indoors in the northern US and yes, it's cold here at night. I keep these in a basement with a constant 55f temp year-round. With lights on, even under T5, the temps reach mid 70's during the day. I had a Cindy99 growing outdoors last summer and didn't see any purple but that plant met an early death before she was in full flower so I can't be sure if this is temp related or phenol expression. I suspect the purple is temp related not phenol expression.
Interesting about growing in these low temps- I RARELY get male plants from seeds I sprout. I bought 10 regular Cindy99 seeds and so far, 5 for 5 sprouted and grown under the same cold conditions
have produced females.

Sorry for the hijack Riddle!!

Riddleme

Namaste at 6 ad a 1/2 weeks of flower,,,,

Attachments

• namwk6a.jpg
    namwk6a.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11
  • namwk6.jpg
    namwk6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 12
  • T_SAM_3706.JPG