What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elvis???

MrMagic

forgot to mention a few things..i been running her in coco for a couple years and before that promix and i have run it a few times organicly in soil..she seems to like coco with a 5-8% perlite mixed in,lots of o2 availability for the roots.I use Advanced Nutrients with most of their line of supplements and i get the most out of her.shes not a heavy feeder and is ph sensitive,little to no fluctuation in ph range for best results..the first week of flower i feed with a 3/4 dose of Veg nutes,and then flush once after that week and begin flowering with 3/4 strength flowering nutes and then a full dose at the end of week 2,if this is not done she will be mellow yellow by week 4-5 and that is not acceptable as i like for my plants to be working up until the last couple days before harvest..when using an organic medium she still does very well but gets a little too yellow and purple for my liking,personally i think she tastes better,cleaner hydroponicly,when using organics it always tastea a bit more earthy which i dont like and her yield isnt the same..anyways hope some of this helps

RoostaPhish

Veteran
None of you have it right...im sorry.Ive had the clone since 97" from the original breeder,it originated in NJ and there is only a handful of guys that have the real deal and they all live in NY,there are 2 Elvis Diesels, a gold and a silver.the silver always selfes herself so beans of her are out there but they are rare and never give off what the mother is.shes a beast and would win a cannabis cup if entered,there are some pics of her in my album from a few years back, i will update some new and recent pics in a few weeks after the move. she grows sativa type leaves with an all indica structure and flowering time of 55-63 days with rock solid buds with amazing color.i havent had her tested but i would guess shes is around 22-23%thc with all sorts of amazing medical properties,for serious smokers only and she commands more $ than Sour Diesel.a few years back i ran Elvis and Sour only
and made a killin..spent 6 months in italy livin like a pimp..

Not sure why your word is gold. It has been common knowledge for years that the Elvis was from Tennessee. And it NEVER had the Diesel label on it to begin with, that is a different cut all together, although a hybrid of the two. Not tryin to start a pissin' war but I can't understand why someone would give me a negative rep for talkin about something that has been public knowledge for years, do your homework!

koolkush

Veteran
He neg repped u that's weak Mr magic your not the only one with an Elvis cut and who knows u could have a cross no reason to neg rep somebody that kinda childish wouldn't u say

MrMagic

I know the facts of the strain and the original breeder,I do not argue truths. I wont speak anymore on this topic,I tried to help and inform you, if you choose to be ignorant than thats on you. I have some of the finest cuts in all the land,you would do well to listen and learn but as they say ignorance is bliss...there is only 1 Elvis..1 OG kush..1 Sour Diesel..1 Bubba Kush not 50 fucking variations of each..some hick from Tennesee thinks hes being creative by callin his shit Elvis doesnt make it the real Elvis,im sorry, i didnt give you a negative rep,i did not find your post helpful so grow up and take it like a man,stop crying its pathetic

koolkush

Veteran
Appreciate the information but didn't u say there two elvies silver and gold and I know all about the real clone only sour d and ogkush I got them both

RoostaPhish

Veteran
That is Bullshit man. There are a million different variations of OG, as well as Diesel, for instance Original Diesel and Sour D, which ARE different, you also have many different Chemdog's or Dawg's you got '91, D, #4, and so on. I never claimed to be the breeder or from Tennessee, but I have lived on both the East coast, and in the Dirty. As a matter of fact I just moved from Maine a couple years ago, which is in many peoples opinion the hot bed of the east. And my fam had access to basically everything you would want and no Elvis was to be seen, on the other hand, in Nashville and Asheville, Memphis, the Boro, and any other place in the south Elvis was one of the premiere varieties around, the only other strains as popular from the dirty would be Krypie or the White, but those were popular in Florida mainly. I do love how you claim there is only 1 Elvis, but you state previously that there were in fact 2. I rarely listen to people with such arrogance that they claim people shake their dick for them. I think that mentallity speaks for its self. This crap about listening to you because you have elites in your mother cab is hilarious, if I wanted to go that route I could be like well I don't just grow elites, I create them. And that is a FACT.

relic1981

Veteran
just got a cut of elvis from a friend in oregon. so does anyone know the lineage on this one? read the whole thread and seems like nobody locked that info down and i cant find any good info on the net. if you have any legit info on it and flower pics, post em :biggrin:

OGsus

Try jjnyc from topdawg seeds. He use to run the cut and made some crosses with her. But that was back in 08-09.

No kidding? Read this one over and surprised to know this is a NE cut? We ran this outdoors a few year in so cali. Great stuff. A buddy obtained it and we were told it was a bagseed cut. It yielded extremely well and was def skunky. Then it disappeared. I thought this was a local clone only. Guess not

J

johndoe123

So..... A respected grower here in local Mi has offered me a cut of elvis. He has grown her for the better part of 10 years. Said her linage is Blueberry x Skunk#2. Not much info out there on her if anyone can school me...

smile

Blueberry x Skunk sounds about right for at least one of the cuts named Elvis.

Grew a cut called Elvis in Northern California a few years back. Berry flavored buds with a nice sativa up pure bliss high.

idiit

Veteran
Grew a cut called Elvis in Northern California a few years back. Berry flavored buds with a nice sativa up pure bliss high
doing an elvis preservation run only two seeds germed, both females. #1 was sativish looking. just smoked her for the first time last night. above quote is right on. stash didn't know which elvis strain he had, just that it was real good. yes it is. :)

there seems to be a couple of elvis seed strains and a couple of elvis cuts. maybe 4 or more "elvis" genetic lines.

6698IMG_3502.jpg

not my pic! this is what female #1 buds look like. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=60696 BkBuds420

i'm just doing a bean preservation run. I've got another female and will post pics of her when she is done.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
The eastcoast elvis smells like straight burning polyester....still trying to re locate her....

Scrappy-doo

I just grew out a cut passed to me as elvis. Is she supposed to be real finicky?

She started yellowing on me halfway through flower so I'm not sure if she is just fussy or what. Even still though I can tell she's real special. Very unique stand out nose on her. I don't know what polyester smells like but that's what the person who passed her to me said about her. To me she has a thick chemmy type bottom with a sweet skunky top and also incense. Very complex but blends nicely. Hopefully I can make her happy next round

picture.php

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I remember gettin her in jersey way back... she made her way to ny but came from jersey...

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Nice stuff guys!!!!yeah she has a most unique nose.....big ups for those who have held her with caring hands.....

Bluto

I picked up some elvis beans from an old-timer in NYC. grew out a large population. Almost all were excellent. Smells ranged from skunk chem earthy berry to a strange sweet polyester smell. I thought a room drying of them smelled like wet wool, distinct smell. Fast indoor production some were done around 40 days. Top shelf some of my crew still works it. Has some intrasexual issues.