• psychoberry

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • exodus cheese

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • killer queen

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

daoboxer

Bloody hell mate...you don't do things by halves, do you?
Looking like a good harvest off this one. Great work.

E

edgey

Bloody hell mate...you don't do things by halves, do you?

these things have to be done lol ......

between feeding / chopping i'm now attempting a loft conversion ?????

anyone know the best way to strengthen a loft floor lol ?

E

edgey

according to planning permissions it will just be for storage but my lad will be using it as a crash pad :)

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
b&q loft boards will do it if you wanted to increase value then you gotta raise floor 33 degree stairs etc for the regs

for storage crash pad your ok with those chisel grooves for electrics in the joists if they run across them hth

peace

S

speedemon

Nice haul edgey mate :) Nice to see your using the blockbuster and its a good shade as I have just bought 2 lol as they are the right size to fit 2 in line across my room over the plants as 1 magnum was not cutting it and 2 had to go side by side which is a PITA for moving around in their lol.

E

edgey

thanks roll it :)

i've already ordered a space saver staircase but the the excisting ceiling joists will need strengthening before i board out the floor , trouble i've got is having planning permission means someone coming round to check things .........i don't mind paying to have it all done but getting someone to do it ( who i trust ) is another matter . seems some ppl just don't want the work ??

daoboxer

Even without needing planning permission (which you probably don't, if it's just for storage;)), you'll need to go through building regs (the council). They'll want to check things at various stages of the work being done, depending on the scale of work. Really, you should be using R.S.J.s to create the substructure for the new floor. If you're gonna have a sofabed etc. going up there, it's probably a good idea. Bit of a mission.
If it was me, I'd probably shut down up there. Chances are if you try to keep it going, you'll just cause yourself stress by having to move it at the last minute for someone to have access.
Well, that's my tuppence.
Take it easy mate.

E

edgey

thanks dao , i've already shut the loft area down so everything is crammed into a bedroom at the minute , i know what you mean about the rsj's and i think it will have to be done . good thing is i'll get someone i know to do the work but it's getting them off there ass which is the hard part . i own the house so not planning on telling anyone of the work being done but the neighbours

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Get some ball park quotes from builders they will tell you what needs doing then your mate can do it for you you may have to strenthen the joists before the rsjs too so get the pros in ask em whats to be done then you know what your on with then mate

google is yiur friend

daoboxer

Edge, I would just get a structural engineer round to tell you exactly what you need to do in terms of strengthening joists/size of RSJ needed.
I'm a chippie and no structural expert, but I removed a supporting wall and fitted an RSJ in my place. I paid about £150 for a structural engineer to come round, do all the calculations and draw up a couple of rough drawings. Bargain. Saved me loads of hassle trying to find out thicknesses of steel needed, load limits, sizes of padstones etc etc etc. I would recommend you don't just trust that the builders will know all this. Also, every property has its own quirks. Get an expert in to do the maths, and let the builder just do as he's told!
Peace.

E

edgey

looks like i'm to be left a bit dissapointed on the yeild side of it

KQ= 149g
psycho=134g
p'berry=143g

still got the cheese to trim so i'll get that up later

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey bro,
What was you expecting on yield? looks pretty good to me from here, hope the Cheese makes it up for ya.

Good luck on the loft conversion man, expensive project but worth doing.

M

Marathanman

I see the Psychoberry has out yielded the Pyschosis and almost matched the Killer queen thats surprising. Nice grow congrats.

E

edgey

not really complaing , cheese came in at 138g + i've a good 5-6oz of popcorn to get through yet , just know i could do better but under current circumstances the next grow will be 5 KQ and 2 c99 , topped but not scrogged or lst'd , i need to be able to move them when needed :)

edgey