What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

mack 10

Veteran
Just recieved the chem91 cut... how can you tell if its the real deal cut though?

View Image

View Image

Still waiting for the ecsd to grace me with her pressence.. :tiphat:

Looks pretty good.
The 2 tell tale signs are the deep green colour
At flush, almost rubbery look.
The buds should have nice flat rounded tops,
But heat, light and food levels can change this.

Also the smell is all fuel not like the funk of the D cut.

Spread her around.
She deserves it.

mack 10

Veteran
the bud in the center is one example of the ecsd i got, having a hard time getting a good pic. need a simple point and shoot camera that takes super sharp bud pics.

anyway the bud just to the right is kosher kush. the whole collection of strains i got going in there seem to be doing well

View Image

here is a side view, this should explain why it's hard to get pics of the plants not growing on the edge. those 2 on the edge, left of the post, are some of the tangy x cookies

View Image

Love a good jungle.
Gonna be fun trimming through the different strains.
Looks like some nice ruining buds on some.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hi gaius, I hold the same cuts, probably from the same source.

The ECSD clone you received beside the Original "Chaco" cut came tagged ECSD "DHK" around 2007 in the French community. It's easier to grow, less strechy than Chaco. With more rounded leaves, less foxtails it's a bit more like Chem 91 nugs structure instead. Maha Kala hold the same ECSD "DHK", you can find pics in his albums. I told Stoney that I believe it's maybe a mislabeled Daywrecker but never ran Original Diesel nor real deal Skunk va.

Grow with organic nutrients smell of buds on "DHK" is classic Sour D like aroma first but when you broke them you get heavy sour fuel, and a kind of licorish aroma behind those terps. Very complex. Can't wait to try her with a 6 month curing.

good description, I dont have it anymore, instead of it I have chaco´s, but as well as gauis I prefer our dhk over it.. I made some chaco x dhk bx last season. there should be some gems..
picture.php

beta

Veteran
The ECSD clone you received beside the Original "Chaco" cut came tagged ECSD "DHK" around 2007 in the French community. It's easier to grow, less strechy than Chaco. With more rounded leaves, less foxtails it's a bit more like Chem 91 nugs structure instead. Maha Kala hold the same ECSD "DHK", you can find pics in his albums. I told Stoney that I believe it's maybe a mislabeled Daywrecker but never ran Original Diesel nor real deal Skunk va.

Daywrecker / Original Diesel is every bit as stretchy as any Sour D. If you have the less stretchy one with fewer foxtails and '91 structure you might have what's known as the 'Apothecary Chem 91', aka the 'Chem 91' that circulated before the Skunk VA Chem 91 was let loose on the public. It was originally spread around as 'Chem91' by JoeBrand. It's definitely a Sour Diesel type, but more compact. These days people share it as a 'Sour Diesel' of one kind or another because in reality it's much closer to SD than Chemdog.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
real dhk is same as chaco, this fake dhk, we have in Europe from 2007 I think, is probably selection of ecsdV3 by Rezdog.. but nobody really knows, whatever speculation.. it is fire, more rushy and uplifting in effect than chaco´s ecsd, real funky shit. edit: apothecary chemdog puts out colours, so its not it.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=78498

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There really is no such thing as the chaco cut - it's just ECSD. Just like there is no FUCKEM cut of ECSD. At this point in time, the verified sender tags could and probably should be dropped. Those cuts were always just THE ECSD.

dank.Frank

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
There really is no such thing as the chaco cut - it's just ECSD. Just like there is no FUCKEM cut of ECSD. At this point in time, the verified sender tags could and probably should be dropped. Those cuts were always just THE ECSD.

dank.Frank

agreed, it's complicated enough already....

Americangrower

Veteran

dank.Frank

IDK about Chaco or FUCKEM cuts but I do know that AJ and ECSD are definitely not the same. I prefer ECSD.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran

dank.Frank

Well in that spirit then there is no UK cheese just skunk #1 or no gsc just grand daddy purple...Chacos cut came to be so growers can easily identify the real clone only (Chacos cut) vs one of the many many imposters labeled ecsd

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Well in that spirit then there is no UK cheese just skunk #1 or no gsc just grand daddy purple...Chacos cut came to be so growers can easily identify the real clone only (Chacos cut) vs one of the many many imposters labeled ecsd

Grand Daddy Purple for cookies really? LOL! everyone should already know it was saint georges cherry pie kush light leak herm seeds from there the scam fam claim they hit the cpk "pre-cooks" to a Florida OG CPK though does have GDP in it...

(GDP/Durban Poison x Pakistani Chitral Kush) = Cherry Pie Kush

:tiphat:

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Grand Daddy Purple for cookies really? LOL! everyone should already know it was saint georges cherry pie kush light leak herm seeds from there the scam fam claim they hit the cpk "pre-cooks" to a Florida OG CPK though does have GDP in it...

(GDP/Durban Poison x Pakistani Chitral Kush) = Cherry Pie Kush

:tiphat:

idk where you heard that maybe you're right but as far as I know the original gsc is a rare pheno that popped up in a huge run of gdp s1's

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
and yes it's why some of us original sour smokers growers did notice a change around 04 in the sour that was becoming much more abundant around NYC....

there are more folks from NYC which are talking like that, they cant get "chaco" cut? if it is the same as original and only ecsd, why that change then? :D

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
He’s referring to the IBLs that were widely available around that time. If ya ain’t from around the city ya probably don’t know what he’s referring to.

Sssssssoooouuuuurrrrrrrr

3rd-3yed

Veteran
real dhk is same as chaco, this fake dhk, we have in Europe from 2007 I think, is probably selection of ecsdV3 by Rezdog.. but nobody really knows, whatever speculation.. it is fire, more rushy and uplifting in effect than chaco´s ecsd, real funky shit. edit: apothecary chemdog puts out colours, so its not it.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=78498

All speculation again but I guess this fake DHK is problably Sour D IBL from 06', ECSD V3 drop was 2 years older and was a pretty limited release.Never had colors on it either, but I'll grow her with colder temps this winter. Would love to try her side by side with AJ and Daywrecker.