What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

3rd-3yed

Veteran
The cut you speak about is the ECSD V3 that came from Rezdog's Diesel seed line, just like Riri's cut... it was mislabelled and passed as the original DHK cut by some people, but the legit DHK=Chaco and this V3 IBL=fake DHK/Chaco. Not sure where it came from originally though.

The V3 cut is very similar to the Riri cut... both have bigger calyxes and stretchier stems than the original one from Chaco as far as I remember but all clones are similar unless you grow them side by side. Many people have this cut in high regards.

Several people have lately grown the 3 cuts along and they are all different indeed. AJ's Sour Diesel is also a different cut although they are both quite similar and definitely more diesel/chemmy cuts than the Riri and ECSD V3, which are more sour/floral/citrus:

Cheers.

Hi bro, yes I've heard the same about the fake DHK, it was always called V3/IBL in France. Flying was the member who brought it from US around 2007 so sure it could be ECSD V3 or 06' Sour IBL from early Rez work.

Do you have someone else confirming you 100% it was a mislabeled from Rez?

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but OD will show you a lot of looks.

This is what she looks like at 80F... knobby

1. Too hot in coco... (first attempt)
attachment.php

attachment.php

2. Foxtailed bud from plant above...
attachment.php

attachment.php

3. Reposting the same pic of the same cut, this run ... but kept 75 or under, she's more round, and dense. Smells are finally right.
attachment.php

Last edited:

beta

Veteran
those are just the leaves going purple, not the actual calyxes. leaves wil purple up if starved and cold.

Nope, I've grown OD next to ECSD in a variety of environments and the OD *always* purples up and the ECSD *never* purples up. Organic water only soil, hydro multi-feed DTW, too hot, too cold... every environment.

beta

Veteran
I can appreciate neither cut liking high temps, but it's hard for for me to believe that a difference in 6 or so degrees is really gonna make that much of a difference in terp expression. What were the temps in your space when you ran the ECSD and the daywrecker?

imo Diesel types have the widest variation from well-grown to poorly-grown of any cultivar I've had experience with. Done well its some of the best on the planet, and done poorly it's basically hay.

When your buddy did the AJ and Daywrecked side by side, did you get to sample the results?

I didn't (different state), but he did. He said they were unmistakably different and he planned to keep both.

I have never grown any form of diesel but definitely looking forward to some time in the future hopefully one of the real cuts rather then a fake

Queef

Dang them daywreckers look sick.. cream of the crop right there. Never ran the daywrecker but ive smoked it and its a+++ smoke right there. So dank kinda like AJ cut but on steroids. I love that stank. Really tightens up your grow skills running these types of cuts.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
the ibl was 1 of my favorite tasting girls, pure sweet ruby red grapefruit. Killa high but only lasted about 1 hr.

You had a recessive trait from the NYCD showing in this pheno. There was a famous ruby red grapefruit NYCD clone on this forum back in the day. Somehow you have been lucky to find this beauty!

I love the 06' IBL too, even if the high is pretty short lived I find it much better and potent around 80 days of flowering.

Peace

Robney

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the feedback and letting me know how to work with this girl!

Just for a question out of left field - how does chem d compare to sour? Is she as finicky with high temps too?

By the way those buds are beautiful AG

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Chem D is way more finicky than Sour with high temps, this summer it was nanners party on some of them which had hydric stress plus heat.

Robney

That's why I've been so confused, I didn't get any nanners at all on my ecsd, even with temps she apparently doesn't like, she seemed pretty happy. Thanks for the info 3rd-3yed, Sounds like the AJ SD might be the cut I should try to get

Americangrower

Veteran
You had a recessive trait from the NYCD showing in this pheno. There was a famous ruby red grapefruit NYCD clone on this forum back in the day. Somehow you have been lucky to find this beauty!

I love the 06' IBL too, even if the high is pretty short lived I find it much better and potent around 80 days of flowering.

Peace

Yes she was, which is why I'm trying to get hold of some early 2k NYCD f2 seeds.

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the feedback and letting me know how to work with this girl!

Just for a question out of left field - how does chem d compare to sour? Is she as finicky with high temps too?

By the way those buds are beautiful AG

Real ecsd grows for shit in high temps. Chem D will still produce well at any temp, but she will throw nanas as will all the chemdogs if stressed.

highsteppa

Veteran
Over the years I’ve only gotten one seed each off sour and chem d cuts. Agreed chem d can also not be too great on some runs, esp if she doesn’t get fed well

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Chem d for me was pretty consistent.. loves her feed but did express different traits in different grow enviroments....

when given her full potenial she is the gift that keeps on giving... i found her to be solid in terms of structure and bud to leaf ratio was average....

The end product wasnt all that but she would be great for breeding... the chem91 is smelling much better and looking pretty sturdy

Heres my chem d a few pages back

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148035&page=234