What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chaco cut is defo the real deal
But i believe it may( the cut that goes around Europe ) be a bit beat up and very hard to dial in to pefection
Its become tired over the years in UK and been mistreated so she doesnt throw 100%

What is known in EU as the DHK cut has been verified by JJ of topdawg seeds as the original Diesel cut when he come to the high times cup years back and sampled it

Peace

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Thank you so much Ojd for this straight answer confirming what my gut believed on this mislabeled DHK, but without trying a side by side with a verified Original D it was hard for me to really confirm anything...

It was all speculation in the French community on the lineage of DHK, manny thought it was early Rez work but as I'm searching for the Daywrecker cut since so many years I've found leafs pattern and buds structure so similar between them. I'm so happy to know JJ tried & confirmed it.

Sorry I'm out of rep guys...

beta

Veteran
It was all speculation in the French community on the lineage of DHK, manny thought it was early Rez work but as I'm searching for the Daywrecker cut since so many years I've found leafs pattern and buds structure so similar between them. I'm so happy to know JJ tried & confirmed it.

Daywrecker is unmistakable, it looks just like Sour D but way chunkier and it always finishes maroon / yellow.

Robney

Daywrecker is unmistakable, it looks just like Sour D but way chunkier and it always finishes maroon / yellow.

Does Daywrecker have a similar taste and high? Does it respond better to higher temps than the chaco cut?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Does Daywrecker have a similar taste and high? Does it respond better to higher temps than the chaco cut?

this might well have been the problem when i tested the chaco cut, it was hot time of year. both riri and the DHK (if thats what it is) don't mind the hot temps as much as GG or Stardawg seems to.

beta

Veteran

I've only grown ECSD and Daywrecker so if ECSD is the same as Chaco then Daywrecker is waaaaaaaay stronger both in terms of potency and terps. Pure roadkill, almost painful to smell with an unmistakably narcotic / incapacitating high.

Neither cultivar likes high temps. imo Daywrecker is every bit as hard to dial in as any other SD type.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran

The cut you speak about is the ECSD V3 that came from Rezdog's Diesel seed line, just like Riri's cut... it was mislabelled and passed as the original DHK cut by some people, but the legit DHK=Chaco and this V3 IBL=fake DHK/Chaco. Not sure where it came from originally though.

The V3 cut is very similar to the Riri cut... both have bigger calyxes and stretchier stems than the original one from Chaco as far as I remember but all clones are similar unless you grow them side by side. Many people have this cut in high regards.

Several people have lately grown the 3 cuts along and they are all different indeed. AJ's Sour Diesel is also a different cut although they are both quite similar and definitely more diesel/chemmy cuts than the Riri and ECSD V3, which are more sour/floral/citrus:

DocGreenStone said:
I spoke with kloppglass (aka Weasel), JJ (jj-nyc), AJ (asshoe joe), wildmtncannabis and growmoremids (vondo) yesterday/today about Sour Diesel and the discrepancies in their stories and we have come to the conclusion that AJ's Sour Diesel and ECSD are 100% different strains.

AJ says he got "sour diesel" from Weasel on May 1st, 1995 and he handed him a cut(s)/clone(s) and a jar of finished bud.

Wildmtncannabis and growmoremids say they shared seeds with Manny (the guy who found Sour Diesel) in the winter of 1995 and are certain they did not share it before August of 1995.

I find this testimony to strongly indicate that the assertion that "AJ's Sour Diesel is NOT the same as the Sour Diesel that Manny found" is true.

I am now attempting to ascertain whether or not Manny's cut is what we refer to as ECSD or not.

But we now know definitively that ECSD is NOT AJ's Sour Diesel. I've always known this myself but opinions dont mean shit, it had to come from those who were there and those who actually know.

Cheers.

beta

Veteran
AJ's Sour Diesel is also a different cut although they are both quite similar and definitely more diesel/chemmy cuts than the Riri and ECSD V3, which are more sour/floral/citrus:

AJs is obviously distinct from ECSD, imo. I've never seen more than a hint of color in ECSD, but every finished picture I've seen of AJSD has lots of brilliant reds and purples, just like Daywrecker / Original Diesel.

The buddy I got Daywrecker from has grown AJSD side-by-side with Daywrecker and he says they're similar but definitely different.

Stardog

The Sour D I have will go quite purple if you bring the temps down enough. I've seen it almost pure purple when the nighttime temps were in the 40's indoors. Outdoors it didn't go purple at all this year but it hasn't been below 39F yet but I cut the Sour D about 7 days ago during a big storm that knocked it over.
Somebody just handed me the thing about 10-12 years ago and I've managed to keep it. It's lost no vigor since it's been here. It's a fabulous, mystical even, if I may...kind of cut because even a nice vigorous one will not do well every time. I try to run one at least 3 or 4 times a year. It doesn't get old when it's good but everybody has a different taste in what they like, what they smell, sense etc.

Robney

I've only grown ECSD and Daywrecker so if ECSD is the same as Chaco then Daywrecker is waaaaaaaay stronger both in terms of potency and terps. Pure roadkill, almost painful to smell with an unmistakably narcotic / incapacitating high.

Neither cultivar likes high temps. imo Daywrecker is every bit as hard to dial in as any other SD type.

I think ecsd and chaco are supposed to be the same cut. I wonder if the Daywrecker is really the one my friends and I used to smoke all the time, cuz the way your comparing the two sounds like what I'd compare the nug from my ecsd to the old sour I used to smoke. Like my ecsd had a nice skunky smell and taste to it, but it just wasn't overpowering and intense like I remember, and the high is really strong, but not quite what I remember. Maybe I assumed too much from being on the east coast and smoking "sour diesel". I can appreciate neither cut liking high temps, but it's hard for for me to believe that a difference in 6 or so degrees is really gonna make that much of a difference in terp expression. What were the temps in your space when you ran the ECSD and the daywrecker?

When your buddy did the AJ and Daywrecked side by side, did you get to sample the results?

It's a fabulous, mystical even, if I may...kind of cut because even a nice vigorous one will not do well every time. I try to run one at least 3 or 4 times a year.

Do the ECSD growers agree with this? That ECSD will randomly be magically amazing or it will just not do well for no real apparent reason?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

For me ECSD is a daytime high and Daywrecker is evening/couch.

You can tell them apart easy, unless I gave you a mislabel then you have the real one.

I'm loving how my headband finished outdoors and about to flip 6 inside soon.

Smoking that ECSD now, many thanks Chaco and others who passed it my way, both cuts are in my top five elites.

And yes the ECSD comes out weak when it's too hot and it is hard for me to keep her thriving as a mom once she's big, it's not as fussy as my ogs but close.

Queef

For those who might not be watching csihumboldts got some sick ass feminized crosses for sale. Put my order in for the chem d x chem91 and the other i put in for is his ecsd x chem91 and AJ sour d x chem91. Cant wait for the sour fuel fest. I hope hes going to do an underdog line too.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Yup 6* will make a difference. Like everyone keeps saying; cool temps, good N early on, and cal-mag sufficient all grow = perfection. When she’s right, it’s out of the park. When she’s wrong, your left scratching ur head how it can be the same plant. So glad I got it back recently :tiphat: (thanks buddy!)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Was admiring the chem91 cut earlier and the aroma in veg is heavy dank sour fuel in a good way almost like creosote starts off piney lemony but just gets more dank .. if the stories are correct this is 1 of the parents of the ecsd..

Ive literally only just re-homed this cut but she deffo has that leather leaf look to her..

L25YgOK.jpg

ZXfyT0k.jpg

Very lucky to have them both going this winter, side by side.

Left: Sour (ecsd) 33F ... Right: Diesel (daywreck) 63F

attachment.php

Original Diesel... 63F. Hates heat just like Sour, anything over 75 will foxtail her up, and burn off the best terps. High is Diesel front end rush liftoff, and then to a dreamy euphoria... nice for late nigh chill. Will keep you up all night though if you chase the rush... like hash.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3401.jpg
    IMG_3401.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 37

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original Diesel cut does not turn Purple and stays dark green and yellows out in flush

The chaco cut does turn purple when flushed well

Also i passed around a sour diesel cut from captain krip many years ago that still floats around Europe i hear and
It also turns purple/red in flush

The chaco cut and krip cut are very similar apart from chaco more stretchy and much much harder to dial in
There was a thread many years ago by chaco where he explained it was hard to dial her in

The Original Diesel clone is much more on the Chem side of family and more indica dom growth compared to ECSD which shows it Sativa side. The original Diesel cut gives out that Sour Gas that ECSD does when dialed in

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Hey yall��✌️, I see in the post where one person stated that the end product needs to be smokable ASAP, has any one here, tried freeze drying there bud ? Not in the deep freeze , lol,but with a home made or home model for long term storage? , I seen a YouTube video where a guy used some high end pressure cookers to build a home made unit, the results in a 24 hour time span was crazy, now I could smell it, duh, but he said it was way better than any thing he had done so far, it’s a great idea ,just don’t have cash to chase the dream yet

beta

Veteran
The original Diesel cut does not turn Purple and stays dark green and yellows out in flush

The chaco cut does turn purple when flushed well

Also i passed around a sour diesel cut from captain krip many years ago that still floats around Europe i hear and
It also turns purple/red in flush

The chaco cut and krip cut are very similar apart from chaco more stretchy and much much harder to dial in
There was a thread many years ago by chaco where he explained it was hard to dial her in

The Original Diesel clone is much more on the Chem side of family and more indica dom growth compared to ECSD which shows it Sativa side. The original Diesel cut gives out that Sour Gas that ECSD does when dialed in

I agree on the Chem dom, but I disagree thoroughly on the color. Snype has the best pics of Original Diesel that I've ever seen (source):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts