What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x StarDog, 79' XMAS bud, yeti F3 and whatnot

TPFTFW

Veteran
XMAS BUD update

picture.php

picture.php

After a bit of defoliation
picture.php

picture.php

CHEFfy

Wow. Love sifting through old stock. A buddy's dad who was an old school smuggler hooked me up with a coffee can full of old film canisters of seeds a couple years back. Pop a few every few runs and have found some interesting stuff but nothing game changing yet. They were all meticulously catalogued on a sheet of paper that he lost years ago, so it's a complete crapshoot. Anyhow, awesome to see it working for you!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
That xmas has that jurassic look for sure, and yeah looks nl ish....also kinda looks like the skelly hp...

TPFTFW

Veteran
Nice!
Wow. Love sifting through old stock. A buddy's dad who was an old school smuggler hooked me up with a coffee can full of old film canisters of seeds a couple years back. Pop a few every few runs and have found some interesting stuff but nothing game changing yet. They were all meticulously catalogued on a sheet of paper that he lost years ago, so it's a complete crapshoot. Anyhow, awesome to see it working for you!

Dude that's awesome! I'd be happy as hell too have those! Sucks they aren't catalogued tho, just gotta pop them all ;)

You should make a cross with FPOG and call it Van Peebles OG or Fruity Peebles OG
Hmm.. I like that idea.. I may be able to score some original F1's.. I'll make that cross then some "fuck the zon OG"

That xmas has that jurassic look for sure, and yeah looks nl ish....also kinda looks like the skelly hp...

Check out this alligator skin pheno.. I'm so excited to see what all these do.. Out of the first 25 the 3.14 pheno was the only to make it.. Out of the next 25 about 19 made it.. There's a lot of slight mutations and or odd traits.. This being the craziest
picture.php

Doc D

hope you don't mind if i drop a little preview for those who are interested…

79' Xmas bud

a.
MK2UTv5l.jpg

b.
WnCrt0Cl.jpg

shake it up…

qrZB9MKl.jpg

poppin' babies

jf4wWkAl.jpg

kViGvHll.jpg

thanks again to generous friends…

MOneYMiKe

Veteran
Nice shots doc.....are u continuing xmas bud to a further generation?how stable are these flower time stretch nose?thanks ,figured u would know

Doc D

Nice shots doc.....are u continuing xmas bud to a further generation?how stable are these flower time stretch nose?thanks ,figured u would know

hey $mike, i was sent the beans to help create a seed increase, after that i sent the remaining originals back to who gave them to me. At this point i have no plans to continue working on this line. I"m much more of a sativa guy, although these were fun to grow they aren't my usual cup. stretch is x1-1.5 after flower is induced, pine to lime-pine aromas. this line did show intersex sensitivity when grown indoors and i warned those who got them. my best guess is that these are a worked afghani IBL that has not spent much time indoors.

Nug Nymph

That alligator one is crazy looking.. I had a SFV x OGK cut that did that and when it flowered it had a 2domed main cola.. NO resin production at all but it was fun to watch the creature develop.

TPFTFW

Veteran
hey $mike, i was sent the beans to help create a seed increase, after that i sent the remaining originals back to who gave them to me. At this point i have no plans to continue working on this line. I"m much more of a sativa guy, although these were fun to grow they aren't my usual cup. stretch is x1-1.5 after flower is induced, pine to lime-pine aromas. this line did show intersex sensitivity when grown indoors and i warned those who got them. my best guess is that these are a worked afghani IBL that has not spent much time indoors.
the Beans you popped were very old.. And it was only 2 females.. You said the male had no signs of intersex and only one of th 2 girls showed late flower intersex traits..

I'm confident that with enough numbers and work this will prove to be an excellent line. No doubt.

Thanks for droppin the pics of the parents that's the first I've seen of the male.. It's a bummer I only got like 23 out of 50 to pop..but I'll pop 100 out of the next batch :)

MOneYMiKe

Veteran
After listening to docs description it does look a little x-18ish to cripple creekish...thanks

gh0st9

Veteran
Sittin in buddy... I miss that old pine shit... They just don't make em like they used to... The old pine, super heavy shit.. Now its all lemons, lemon pledges and fuels... I like em too, but sometimes I can get nostalgic ya know?! Anyways, shits lookin good in here bro, I'll be tuned in

eastcoastjoe

The remaining originals are being grown out now to evaluate and make more seed. Hoping between the two lots, enough of the offspring can be grown out to really get a look at what this line has to offer. Looks promising so far. Pre 98 & the white are gonna get paired up with Xmas bud this time too.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Yeah so far for the Xmas bud it'll be

~pure kush
~suges pure kush
~Herat affie
~mystery 70's affie
~two cuts of Girl Scout cookies
~Chem 91 skva
~West Coast Dog
~Gainesville green
~86' skunk 1
~etc etc

Also not Xmas bud related but I'm pretty excited about the

(ECSD (chacos) x stardawg) x AJ's sours.. Basically a sour diesel BX1.. I'll take that to the BX2 then start doin weird shit..

With pollen from this run of ECSD x SD I may be pollinating te Gainesville green as well.. the structure of the GG is very similar to sour diesel and where sours is more of a up happy high the GG is weird and trippy as shit.. so it'll be fun pheno hunting..

I think I may find a shorter flowering male from the (ECSD x SD) x 86' skunk 1 and cross that to the Gainesville to shorten flowering.. Dunno.

Either way fun shit, wouldn't be possible without good homies.

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Sittin in buddy... I miss that old pine shit... They just don't make em like they used to... The old pine, super heavy shit.. Now its all lemons, lemon pledges and fuels... I like em too, but sometimes I can get nostalgic ya know?! Anyways, shits lookin good in here bro, I'll be tuned in

Well me and the camp are bring back old school like a mother fucker.
Can't wait to run all this shit!
My old skunk is nostalgia in a jar

TPFTFW

Veteran
LOL

so a few updates..

the TPK s1's are stinky as hell, the xmas bud in flower smells like ginger, pine and dead skunk.. showing NO signs of hermi tendencies and i stressed the shit out of it (took it out of the tent and left it in a spare bedroom in the house for 4 days.. and also didn't water it) just to see what would happen.. that was a few weeks ago and no signs of anything

about to up pot the cluster funks, yetis, ECSD x stardawgs, and the rest of the roach buds

fuckin a, so many little pots such a pain in the ass