What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

avant gardener

Veteran
great thread.

7557coseup_15.JPG

looks a lot like chiva to me though.
just saying.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
So much great and awesome information contained in this thread :D
Thank You to all the posters contributing with vital and important info and techniques and materials used :thank you:
Can't wait to try my first Quick Wash in a couple of months when the OD finishes up :jump:
:smoke out:

jump117

Veteran
Water is the enemy of a good extraction the lower % of alc the higher % of water. Water will pull out chlororphyll rather quickly. 70% iso is worthless and if you use it your never gonna get the superior quality that can be achieved using 99% with a quick wash.

I consider the role of water a little differently.

Chlorophyll is soluble in alcohol, regardless of the presence of water.

Water extracts additional pollutants, insoluble in alcohol.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I consider the role of water a little differently.

Chlorophyll is soluble in alcohol, regardless of the presence of water.

Water extracts additional pollutants, insoluble in alcohol.

Water also appears to dissolve and wash water soluble things out of the way, so that the alcohol has access to the alcohol soluble chlorophyll.

jump117

Veteran
I agree.
This is particularly noticeable when alcohol extraction from water-cured material, it becomes dirty much faster.
As if alcohol soluble substances encapsulated within the water soluble shell.

HymroD

Hey Bumble Buddy,
recently I’ve made and posted a number of experiments on ethanol 96% extractions using microscope and camera it may be useful in your exploring.

You may get the same amount of oil extract in two parts of two grades – a bigger part of very best amber and smaller part of satisfactory oil.

Divide your extraction timing into two or more runs.
First run will give you glass-amber-stoned resin quality that is good looking and very comfort to keep and to use,
immediately after first the second run will give oil or gooey if duration is over timed.
You may also make a third run up to a week or month like tincture lovers do.

The main parameter is timing of extraction runs but the manner of buds preparing is also significant. Common sense dictates to crumble a material to open more surface, but in case when trich glands are out of a plant body and nothing useful is inside the crumbing opens only a bad surfaces which give bad substances into extract. We just have to open to solvent a spots of dense contact of clusters to improve the process but have not to crumble.

Imo the winner technique on buds is jelly hash. Accurately disassemble buds into clasters, dry sift them and keep a kief to mix with resin later. Make a first run with accurate gentle wash, on second run shake intensively. Filter, evaporate and collect 1-st and 2-d separately to compare for knowledge and to decide which one is to mix with kiff that brings the best aroma.

REP

Pe@ce,

Roage

John Deere

Veteran
I agree.
This is particularly noticeable when alcohol extraction from water-cured material, it becomes dirty much faster.
As if alcohol soluble substances encapsulated within the water soluble shell.

You've used water cured buds to make qwiso? I've been wondering if that'd work. How was it?

jump /injack

Veteran
Water cured/then qwiso

Water cured/then qwiso

You've used water cured buds to make qwiso? I've been wondering if that'd work. How was it?

I'm doing that right now, got a touch of powdery mildew and used a lot of water soluble Neem for control. I immersed about an ounce of bud it in a bucket of water with a screen to hold it under and then changed the water 5 times [over 5 days] and poured it through a 73 micron bubble bag to see if I lost any trichomes [didn't]. Dried it in a dehydrator first on low heat for about 6 hours, then into the oven at 200 F to get more water out. Decarboxylized it using Jump117's graph for 7 minutes at 293 degrees. In the freezer now along with the Safeway Iso 99%, will do a qwiso after the products remaining plant water is frozen. Plan a scrape then dissolving the product in Everyclear 190 for some brown dragon. Anyone every take their Volcano bags and wash them out with ISO, got some real dirty ones, might be a gold mine in those, any thoughts?

HymroD

Thanks everybody for your help!

I have gone on like 3 or 4 runs now, no sense in posting pics you guys have seen it all and mostly better.

I am happy with the oil though, so are my friends.

Continuously refining I guess! :thank you:

Pe@ce,

Roage

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone every take their Volcano bags and wash them out with ISO, got some real dirty ones, might be a gold mine in those, any thoughts?

We wash our bags out with Everclear and it makes a damn fine decarboxylated oil.

jump117

Veteran

I've used water cured buds to make qwEtOH, not qwiso,
in hope to clean the material from water soluble dirt
and to elongate the contact time to make extraction more complete.
And failed (click).
Duration of clean phase of extraction from water cured was shortened in compare to raw buds.

In the same duration of second wash,
extract from water cured was a sticky goo,
when extract from uncured buds was hard brittle amber.

I think it means that water cure removes a water soluble and insoluble in etoh shield (click),
that protects EtOH-soluble dirt from contact with the solvent.

Last edited:

jump /injack

Veteran
Gray Wolf you've done it all and your right do it with Ethanol and its oral meds. Been looking at your reclamation still because of the price of 190, wouldn't take long to pay for that. When you coiled the copper into that SS bowl, did you just use a tubing snake and eyeball it?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gray Wolf you've done it all and your right do it with Ethanol and its oral meds. Been looking at your reclamation still because of the price of 190, wouldn't take long to pay for that. When you coiled the copper into that SS bowl, did you just use a tubing snake and eyeball it?

I actually used a bucket as a mandrel to wrap it around.