What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Add some water!

jump117

Veteran
Add some water!

I use quick ethanol wash technology instead of QWISO.
In my place pure ethanol is quite available and it's obviously better than iso.

I've got best results using fresh cutted bud as income material.
After 1 min ethanol wash a bud still has something useful on its surface and goes to dry and keep
(Amber in 15 minutes from cutting
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=90456).

But applying this to trim, leaves and stems I was disappointed because the rest of plant material is going to waste carrying rest of good solution on it. It is still wet even after squeeze .

The solution was found in water.

After quick ethanol (or ISO) wash I separate alcohol solution with stainless steel strainer to do it quick.
Fine filtration is slow process and I do it next step later.
Immidiately after that I return plant material back to do the second wash with WATER. Ethanol (or ISO) stops here.
Separate water with fine strainer into another mason jar.

This second wash is a good supplement to the main process.
You can proceed to evaporate it on an open fire - its not flammable!
Ethanol (or ISO) goes to vapor first. The Resin ain't soluting in the water.

When the evaporate process stops I collect good stuff as always.
It has smell and taste.
Try it! Add some water!

Jump!

jump117

Veteran
pix

pix

There is some pix about Water-after-Ethanol Wash Oil. The way to get something from nothing.

Income material was dried and crumbled bonsai-mom leaves and other 18/6 leaves. No flowers this time.

First step was quick (20 sec) ethanol wash. Both weed and alko was freezed. Not shown here.

Second step was water that wash out remain of ethanol solution from plant material cake.

9743DSC09335.JPG

9743DSC09336.JPG

9743DSC09339.JPG

9743DSC09343.JPG

9743DSC09347.JPG

9743DSC09348.JPG

9743DSC09349.JPG

9743DSC09350.JPG

9743DSC09353.JPG

9743DSC09355.JPG

Jump.

the_dungeon

beautiful!

so, you add the frozen trim and buds in a 1 min bath of iso.. 91% or what ever you can get.. then strain it with a metal strainer, then what ever material is left you throw in a jar with water? then strain again? so you then end up with 2 different globs of goo? or do you end up mixing them?

jump117

Veteran
Thanx, The_Dungeon !

Yes. This way.
For sure it will work after ISO quick wash too because both solvents Ethanol and ISO are water soluble.

I didn't mix theese two steps and evaporated and collected them separately. Here above is the second water-wash step.

The results of two steps are very different. The first ( alco ) is really "glob of goo", income stuff was poor,
the second ( water ) is brittle and melts on fingers only after a minute of warming.
First is too sticky, second is too brittle. Seems good to mix them. But I studied namely second step to report.

Quantity of water step output is unexpectedly about 5 times bigger then alcohol step.
Quality is psychoactive. It smells unidentified plant smell, not like hash at all, but not unpleasant.

Try it, there is no risk of loosing something good except some water.
Jump.

jump117

Veteran
It was almost two years back. I didn't complete the report that time.
The final stage was dissolving in ethanol, which dissolves less than 10% ,
others 90%+ of the dry matter were insoluble in the alcohol,
being the waste.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
how does this stuff compare to amber? Ive tried amber many times, but keep fucking up your method some how.. by income material do you just mean the material that you were using? thanks for all the info you provide..

jump117

Veteran
The good thc/thca resin dissolves in alcohol completely,
this water-after-alco wash stuff dissolves in alco just in a little part leaving the insoluble residue,
which in alcohol looks like fat, but is easily washed off with water.
If I remember correct the resin achieved was not brittle.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Jump you rascally lad, you have done it again! Thank you for this insight!

I tried this technique and got a boat load of extract yesterday from a double extracted QWET. I used a three minute frozen extract for the first pull and purposefully extended the second to 10 minutes, so as to leave little behind. The water still pulled more extract than my second wash, by about double.

It of course includes some things that I don’t want, and I ran out of energy last night reducing it, so am turning the oleoresin into an absolute this morning.

Looks like the last extract had time to pull some of the stuff my frozen quick wash techniques avoided, so as you noted, there is some cleanup required and more fallout than usual. Lots of reddish wax and stuff that is relatively insoluble in hot ethanol that the cold extract missed.

The extract actually resembles a hot alcohol extraction, using reflux or soxhileting techniques. Damn effective for getting everything, but includes things that we studiously avoid, so as to require some cleanup. Easily accomplished by re-dissolving it in ethanol and allowing the less solubles to precipitate.

A salute to your well made point that we are blissfully leaving good shit behind. Hee, hee, hee..............................

Also looks like I will end up with more good more shit as a result of your insight, snicker, snark, snort, ahwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!1

Latest posts

Latest posts