What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

P

Paco

Well, I am sold. i made this with an eighth or quarter of Banana Kush trim. My buddy that likes hash a lot said it took his breath away. I have to agree. It defiantly allows your body to stay glued to the couch, instead flying your head into to outer space.
I have had very cool dreams and mild visuals with enough.

Bulldog11

Veteran
kushkommander - I have yet to try BHO. You will have to tell me what you like better. I have heard that BHO makes better hash but ISO made some great hash for me. Please report when you are done.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I love my qwiso! I used about 3/4 of a pound of cleaned trim (no stems or fans) and got about 37 grams of gooey hash out of it, here are some pics of the batches:

Im am trying this for the first time today< works great so far< havent smoked any of what ive got so far< was gonna let it air out for a sec, But this has to be the easiest way to get some goodies!!

reckon

I just tried this for the first time today, and thought I would share,.......

first off, it must be QWISO season or canning season around here because I couldn't find a mason jar that wasn't the size of a VW or a thimble (nothing in the 16-24oz range) so I did some scrounging and found a rather interesting (and awesome imo) substitute: a cocktail shaker and pint glass. It works PERFECTLY for the quick 20 second shake, no leaks, the system is designed for alcohol, and I use a cocktail strainer to strain out most of the material pouring it into another pint glass with a coffee cone filter, then after it's run through the filter, I pour the contents onto a round pyrex pie dish and into the digital hot plate/oil bath set up.

it took more time to find all the gear, and set it up than it did to make the goop!

I am writing this QUITE well medicated (ok, I'm friggin BAKED!), and all I used was some GDP fan and trim leaf, and about 2 grams of vaped cannabis, and took a couple of hits topped with the qwiso. (normally I wouldn't be THIS stoned with just two hits of popcorn GDP nugs)

THANK YOU to the OP, and to all who chimed in with further tips and tricks, I can say I did this first time and no problems whatsoever save the goop isn't quite "brittle", it's kinda bendy-sticky, but TOTALLY workable and very potent, and I'm sure when I do it again with better quality material, I'll get appropriately better results.

old stoner learned a new trick :D

Caille

Just ran 33 grams of premium high grade shake (from the bottom of large bags that got a little dry) and ran it through a qwiso wash.

Looking good as it is reducing, but I am being safe and reducing it slow since I did not think to use pyrex instead using a plate.

I am guessing I will get about 3-3.5gr of nice qwiso by the nights end.

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

33 grams in, 3.6 out.

Pictures speak volumes.

4256316024_81f274e422_b.jpg

4255553885_0000ec6bfa_b.jpg

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

One pinhead sized drop and this stuff just kicked my ass. QWISO 20 second wash of some nice high end bud shake.

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

Some of it is dry and flakey some is oily, all of it kicks me in the arse. After a night out all of it hardened like dark glass, I shaved off the flakey brown stuff which bubbled like full melt, the rest is seeming like partial melt.

Alexis
*smiles*

D

draco

great thread and thanks for it!

on my third try w/ the iso... i love the product but how to store? good god this stuff is sticky. it seems to firm up in time but not like i see here, still a big mess.

was thinking of gentle heat applied to the pyrex dish might do it... maybe putting it on a heating pad for a few days?

otherwise makes a nice gift; sure makes their eyes light up!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Heat makes it gooier, trust me. Put it on wax paper and fold it up, inside a ziploc, then put in freezer. When you want a piece, go to freezer, snap a chunk off with a razor (never touch with warm fingers!) and transfer from razor to bowl. Cold is the only way to keep it solid.

Heat makes it gooier, trust me. Put it on wax paper and fold it up, inside a ziploc, then put in freezer. When you want a piece, go to freezer, snap a chunk off with a razor (never touch with warm fingers!) and transfer from razor to bowl. Cold is the only way to keep it solid.

Yo L-man, thank very much for that cool storage tip... I have been struggling with wtf to do with the goey mess of hash goodness. I've had it in the pyrex dish for a couple of days just because it is so sticky I didn't want to make a mess of any more dishes.

Thanks for the tutorials guys, my first batch with the 90% turned out leagues beyond what I ever expected.

H

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Awesome FH, good to hear it! Yeah it's a sticky mess at room temps, I accidentally left an ounce of it in my living room and it "grabs" anything that comes near it, lol. It will stick to even wax paper at room temps, but frozen it will peel off just fine.

I was thinking of mixing it with some dry sift just to improve the handling of it, but that's more work and I'm lazy! ;)

I would like to hear some ideas on how to transport/package this for resale, probably by the ounce I guess. Jars would waste too much, but how to folks usually buy their oils? What volumes do they sell them at in clubs? By the G?

w00k17

After dried out nicely and frozen this stuff can be broken up and put into plastic vials in g amounts. It really only gets very sticky at high room/body temps after having been hardened imo.

Just played with a small batch and shaped out a nice long piece of fruit-roll up consistency qwiso. Stuff hardened up overnight to shatter/breaking consistency. Easily couldve broken it down but I timewarped myself with a pile of it.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I just tried to make this with some larry og trim, strained it and put it on a glass plate over boiling water till it evaporated and it didnt all evaporate cause i had to cut it short. can i reheat it and take the runny effect away?

Eschertias

I would like to hear some ideas on how to transport/package this for resale, probably by the ounce I guess. Jars would waste too much, but how to folks usually buy their oils? What volumes do they sell them at in clubs? By the G?

Heat and cut it into 1g wads, freeze each wad, and toss it in one of those half size sandwich baggies. If you can find them, those small plastic vials work well for both candy and oils.

As far as I know, it's about $50/g for the good stuff, and how you get it ends up being dealer preference. Most of the dealers I've dealt with are selling the harder hash chunks in those small plastic snap cap vials, look like a tiny film canister. The oils almost always come in those little plastic snap cap or screw on vials.

These vials are what I end up getting in my area. And at ~10 cents per vial, it's a cheap and classy way to sell your shit. Sure beats trying to scrape stuff out of a plastic bag.

I do have some questions about this vs. bubble hash, and since I don't have PM, and I just read a post in another thread by you saying that isopropyl extraction was better than bubble hash in terms of both quality and quantity, can you go over the steps you use to produce?

As far as what I'll be working with, I'll be able to use everything left from the plant that doesn't normally go in a bag. I'm not sure if that's "trim", all I know is that it's useless leftovers from the crop, and if we can use the leftovers and this method to recover some extra stuff to feed into the vaporizer, it would be awesome.