What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
Any experience doing this method with trim that is infected with bugs/mold? I read somewhere that you can use moldy trim for BHO and no mold is extracted, any ideas if it's safe with the ISO wash? I wanna give it a try tomorrow

if pretty sure if you run moldy buds the isopropyl will kill the mold spores just make sure if there's any "fuzzy" mold on the buds try to remove it before you run the buds that will ensure that there's no extra mold floating around.........as per the bugs when you strain it through your coffee filter it will strain out all those little nasties....

if its a big concern use 2 coffee filters stacked on top each other..there's no way the'll get through........

good luck on your extraction..:stocking:

LAcon

cool, sounds good! I have bubble bags so i figure I would just use one of those instead of a coffee filter. From what i've read the 160 micron bag should be a good choice, sound right?

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
I cleaned 4 jars with this method today and had 0,4 best stuff....and the jars were clean ...good thing and the best is it was no 30 minutes from beginning to smoking! Fast, effective, clean ;-)

vince514

Veteran
cool, sounds good! I have bubble bags so i figure I would just use one of those instead of a coffee filter. From what i've read the 160 micron bag should be a good choice, sound right?

you technically could use it but coffee filters are about 1-2$ at any dollar store and are easely disposeable..i suggest coffee filters its cleaner and easy to use......but ultimately you can use whatever you want... i just use coffee filters cause i'm a clean freak and its easy to tidy up after....:eggnog:

LAcon

so I just finished, almost done scraping. Filter through the bubble bag worked great and the ISO cleaned my bag nice :yes: but I do get what you mean about being able to just throw away the coffee filters, the bags are messy to clean. Thanks for the post, i'll be makin a lot more hash like this! Happy Holidays everyone :thanks:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's a couple of grams of smorgasbord.

picture.php

kcbudz31

It's all about the quick wash aspect. That THC is no worse than the stuff on the buds, it's just more sparsely distributed. The quick wash pulls that out and leaves all the junk behind.

It's so nice. :)

Bulldog11

Veteran
So, I did a run of this tonight and I think I messed up a little. I took 60 grams of good trim and added one bottle of ISO. I did a 20 sec wash but didn't realize how slow it would go through the coffee filter. I ran around trying to get more jars with coffee filters and the trim sat in the ISO for maybe 3 min. Now the end product seems to be brown and molasses like. Not liquid like but not solid either. Is this still ok to smoke? I will leave it out for a couple more days to make sure everything is purged. Any advice to tomorrows run? Thanks everybody.

vince514

Veteran
So, I did a run of this tonight and I think I messed up a little. I took 60 grams of good trim and added one bottle of ISO. I did a 20 sec wash but didn't realize how slow it would go through the coffee filter. I ran around trying to get more jars with coffee filters and the trim sat in the ISO for maybe 3 min. Now the end product seems to be brown and molasses like. Not liquid like but not solid either. Is this still ok to smoke? I will leave it out for a couple more days to make sure everything is purged. Any advice to tomorrows run? Thanks everybody.

is should be fine bulldog just let is sit in on a plate(or whatever you need to use) for a day........how hard did you shake your jars...did you shake the crap outta them or just a semi gentile shake? i've made runs of iso before that were runny and i realized after trial and error that a semi gentile shake does the best for me.........imo

could be also that the tincture may have sat around for awhile....

i know what ya mean about the molasses consistency....

at first it was a little soft but after it cooled down it was like hard candy, it broke off in shards.............good luck in the future with the runs.....:smokeit:

luvspurts

Used 1/4 oz moldy MasterKush with 6 ounces 91% iso. Shook for 30 seconds and tried to pour through coffee filter, WAY too slow, anyway then poured into pyrex baking dish inside crock pot on high. Bout an hour later, found residue hard as a rock and impossible to scrape with razor blade. Put more iso on pyrex to soften, then used blow dryer on low and also would scrape with razor. Finally got to a very amber, ultrasticky oily tar. Hard to handle, but dipped into by a bud chunk will definitely blow your mind.

Bulldog11

Veteran
My second run with this turned out great. I got a total of 10.4 grams of glass like hash. I couldn't be happier with my final product. Great thread and thanks for the advice people.

My second run with this turned out great. I got a total of 10.4 grams of glass like hash. I couldn't be happier with my final product. Great thread and thanks for the advice people.

what was the starting weight? and what kind of acl did you use?

I have been wanting to attempt this for a while now but the only thing stopping me is I have been told to use everclear but none in my area and takes a week to get some shipped here, is there any reason why using isopropyl alc would be bad for your health? I know not to use denatured alc but is there any difference between 70%-91% and 99% isopropyl besides the water content? :D thanks

Bulldog11

Veteran
Starting weight was 95.9 grams of trim. I don't add stems or sun leaves to my trim, so it is all thc filled leaf trim with some popcorn nugs. I used 91% isoproyl alcohol and am happy with the results. This is my first time so I am not sure of the differences in solvents.

thanks for the response bulldog11, I attempted my first run of qwiso, I used a pint of iso 91% with a full quart mason jar full of stems and shake, shook it for about 20 second then let it drain. turned out a yellow alc color and it is still purging, takes so much longer than bho does :D cant wait

Latest posts

Latest posts