What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i love makine iso hash. i made a batch last night with some shake from acouple ounces of tasty kush haze, and i got about a gram rolled it up in some kief to make it not to sticky. just made another batch from maybe a half ounce of bud shake/outdoor nuggets. got 1.8g of sticky danky goodness. wish i had more kief this stuff is crazy gooey by itself, i probably got .2g stuck to my fingers just scraping it off the plate. lol and i didn't get all the stuff of the plate either.

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Guys this thread is awesome. I've learned a lot and will try some of the recipes here.:smokey::smokeit:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
its so easy, pyrex dish,rubbing alcohol, heating source, mason jar, cheese cloth/flour bag/coffee filter badabing badaboom next thing ya know bam! ur high as a kite lol

M

MoldyFrogToe

butane is 10x better, never doing iso again, BUT!
good info tho and tutorial
iso works pretty well in a pinch and really isnt too bad if you do it *quickly*- it really doesnt take long to steep in that chloro!
good luck iso trooops!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i dunno you just have to be careful not to shake too much and you can come out with some really nice stuff.

M

MoldyFrogToe

I've noticed iso will leave behind a gross white residue...it usually isolates itself to whatever water remains after the iso has purged....but it's like impurities in the water/iso...check it out if you can, it's most easily apparent when u gather the water and let it evaporate. i waslike wtf.

M

mexilandrace

I've noticed iso will leave behind a gross white residue...it usually isolates itself to whatever water remains after the iso has purged....but it's like impurities in the water/iso...check it out if you can, it's most easily apparent when u gather the water and let it evaporate. i waslike wtf.

couple things, pour that off if it bugs you that much.

secondly, there is a chemical reaction going on, and the milky water is a part of that, it isn't residue of anything and the fact is that if you pour off just that into a separate dish and evap it off it comes out just like the other stuff.

when done well, there is very little difference between butane and iso oil, I actually prefer the iso because I can make it rock hard like glass very easily.

M

MoldyFrogToe

good points, i wonder what chemical reaction is going on though? how do we know it isn't impurities?
it seems not to matter much as you said though, considering it stays to the water

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
here are some pics of some i made last night
DSC_0176.jpg
DSC_0175c.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg
DSC_0175m.jpg

M

mexilandrace

What is your technique for getting it this way? Thanks!

If I had my camera I would just show you. But, small batches, with less than 1 minute of contact time with the iso, then you quickly pour through a strainer, then through a metal coffee filter. Be sure there isn't a bunch of veg matter in the metal filter as it pours through. Then get a bunch of natural paper coffee filters. Pour the liquid in it, the moment it starts to drip and not pour pour that liquid into the next filter and repeat the process till its all filtered out(at the end it drips regardless since there is so little). evap it off fast fast fast. I use an electric oven set on 170 degrees with the door cracked slightly. I can seal off my kitchen and use the oven vent to vent the fumes off, it would be intense otherwise.

then you let it sit 24 hours, don't touch it, put it somewhere and walk away. Warm the plate slightly and scrape up, roll into a tube shape and let it cool. It will shatter like glass once it does, but with your body heat it will become pretty mailable pretty quick.

it takes practice, took me years of doing it before I could dick around with the end product based on the process. The 2 biggest ways I have seen to manipulate the consistency of the end product are solvent contact time and evap time.

M

MoldyFrogToe

Best way to me would be a plastic syringe or something analogous to it, and injecting through a baster-type setup similar to bho (pipe with weed in it) to minimize contact time. Really only needs to be a matter of seconds, 10seconds max contact is what Id aim for

im still trying to read and figure out if thoe whole warm ido vs freexing everything metheods.. they say the warm stuff needs a quicker wash but gets more goods.

i have about 28 grams in some jars freezing as im gonna make a batch but maybe i should thaw...
i have also heard under 2 minutes is good for the mix time when i had only be doing like 30 seconds maxxx.

i normal get top notch iso product .. but i would like to improve... maybe ill document this run or just one half warm one half cold... hrmm

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
these last couple batches i made i let the stuff sit in the iso for a little bit, gave it a swirl, let it sit, gave it a swirl. and did that until the iso just starts to turn green

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i agree, i made a small batch one time with some 71% alcohol and it came out sick. when the alcohol boiled down it was so golden it looked like chicken broth.

jgrow

Well i just finished gather all my supplys and am going to make myself a small batch tonight, sadly i have no camera but i will be back with a of what i get. Thanks for the great info everyone!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
lmao i just took a big rip of kush haze with some iso bubble on top and i'm riiiipped and i must say growshower you have the most hilarious user title i've ever seen

Latest posts

Latest posts