What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

EmeraldHaze

Just posting to say that I've always had success with QWISO hash, and that it is by far the easiest way to make hash imo... pyrex is a must though.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks so much for posting this method. We tried it last week and LOVE it!!! What a great way to speand a day. Thanks mafia

Bumble Buddy

One thing I've learned from testing out different parameters in making ISO hash oil :2cents: is that there is some that taste like shit and some that tastes like nectar of the gods...

berlinweed

Hey guys,

read this in the www:

"1. Place shake (bud if you are rich) in jar, cover with Isopropyl alchohol.
2. Put in dark place, shake daily for a few days.
3. Filter out alchohol and pour alchohol into a tray in a WELL VENTILATED dark place. Alchohol fumes can collect in an enclosed space and are flammable. In practice, this isn't a great problem if reasonable care is taken. I put it on a dark shelf in the garage and keep the garage door open.
4. Do again with fresh alchohol, till alchohol doesn't change color.

Ya don't need heat, just time. It's really a simple process. Light destroys THC in solution."

So what do you think about the light and the heat factor?

And another question: This would be not allowed to be sold in a coffeshop ´cause of being cannabis oil (declared as hard drugs) ?

BTW I tried i again with dry weed and shook it for just a minute so the solution was only light green and I made sure the water temperature was not too high and the end product was like candy. Haven´t smoked it yet but I have the feeling that it will not taste as good as done with fresh weed ´cause the smell is very low to nothing.

In the first pic you can see a more liquid product that smells and tastes great and the high is :abduct:

The 2nd is my latest try that was hard as candy and still sticky I had to roll it in a small amount of kif

So does the aggregate state depend on the rest amount of iso and water?

The last pic shows too much heat, I left the room and as I came back I reduced it immediately and lucky me the thc wasn´t affected (would be an answer to my own question).

BW

Attachments

• iso wash nearly liquid.jpg
    iso wash nearly liquid.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 31
  • candy rolled in kif.jpg
    candy rolled in kif.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 24
  • too hot.jpg
    too hot.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 29

Wfw1

Usually candy is the better product try a bit and see how it is before you judge it. I'm surprised it didn't smell strong but I think you'll like it anyway.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hey guys,

read this in the www:

"1. Place shake (bud if you are rich) in jar, cover with Isopropyl alchohol.
2. Put in dark place, shake daily for a few days.
3. Filter out alchohol and pour alchohol into a tray in a WELL VENTILATED dark place. Alchohol fumes can collect in an enclosed space and are flammable. In practice, this isn't a great problem if reasonable care is taken. I put it on a dark shelf in the garage and keep the garage door open.
4. Do again with fresh alchohol, till alchohol doesn't change color.

Ya don't need heat, just time. It's really a simple process. Light destroys THC in solution."

So what do you think about the light and the heat factor?

And another question: This would be not allowed to be sold in a coffeshop ´cause of being cannabis oil (declared as hard drugs) ?

BTW I tried i again with dry weed and shook it for just a minute so the solution was only light green and I made sure the water temperature was not too high and the end product was like candy. Haven´t smoked it yet but I have the feeling that it will not taste as good as done with fresh weed ´cause the smell is very low to nothing.

In the first pic you can see a more liquid product that smells and tastes great and the high is :abduct:

The 2nd is my latest try that was hard as candy and still sticky I had to roll it in a small amount of kif

So does the aggregate state depend on the rest amount of iso and water?

The last pic shows too much heat, I left the room and as I came back I reduced it immediately and lucky me the thc wasn´t affected (would be an answer to my own question).

BW

"Your" Technique isnt good if you are after HG oil IMHO!! More time material "spends" in the solvent the more leaf/plant material will be solved...

You can make hard oil even with weed, not just bud :wink: Remember.. as the thread tittle says it, it´s "QUICKWASH"..........

berlinweed

"Your" Technique isnt good if you are after HG oil IMHO!! More time material "spends" in the solvent the more leaf/plant material will be solved...

You can make hard oil even with weed, not just bud :wink: Remember.. as the thread tittle says it, it´s "QUICKWASH"..........

Well i didn´t use the mentioned technique, just read and wondered about it, because I agree with you that the longer the weed is in contact with the iso the more chlorophyll is included.
You are right it is called quick wash and the next time I will take fresh material, put in freezer for 2-3 hours and make a 30 seconds wash with cold iso and than pour it through kief screen, so the iso can pass through faster (compared with coffee filter). Then I will scrape when the oil is still a bit liquid. From what I know now it is easier to handle...

BTW smoking it with a aluminium foil was not so nice, the oil vaporizes very fast and some of the smoke is from the foil, i guess it is laminated with what ever I don´t know but I am sure it is not healthy. On the other hand the smoke had more taste and smell than smoked with my pure pipe. Anyway I will find a way...

BW

B

bagseed77

thanks mex for the thread, i just made my second batch, i found the coffee filters too thick , i use a fine mesh kitchen strainer works best and i tried fresh frozen this time to see the diff, last time was dry trim unfrozen but came out better than i ever expected

Bumble Buddy

i found the coffee filters too thick , i use a fine mesh kitchen strainer works best

I encourage you to use a paper or scientific grade filter; if you strain it through a fine mesh kitchen strainer and then strain it through a coffee filter you will find a fine sawdust-like woody material left over in the coffee filter. Some agglomerating fine solids, "flocculate", (tip o' the hat to GW:wave:) will even be apparent after filtering through a fine paper coffee filter.

I set a strainer with a paper coffee filter in it on top of a glass measuring cup that is big enough to catch all the ISO/resin solution, it does take a while to drip through, I use a silicone spatula to help it along.

Mr.Hades

Hey guys... I have aquestion.. I have an ounce or so of trim and popcorn buds...

What size micron screen should I use?
Id like to get the most out of it... Or should i just use a paper filter?

And how long do i shake for? 30 seconds?

And also... Does it have to be completely dry? Should I cut it up really fine first?

Thanks for any info!
Id really like to try this out!

GarbonzoBeans

I also have a question. I have read most of this thread and I couldent figure this out.
The shorter amount of time that the weed is in contact with the alcohol, the better the end product will be, right?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I also have a question. I have read most of this thread and I couldent figure this out.
The shorter amount of time that the weed is in contact with the alcohol, the better the end product will be, right?

yes that is correct

i would make more batches first one will be the best and then
the quality will drop if you reuse...

experiment its the best way to learn

jump117

Veteran
Hey guys... I have aquestion.. I have an ounce or so of trim and popcorn buds...

What size micron screen should I use?
Id like to get the most out of it... Or should i just use a paper filter?

And how long do i shake for? 30 seconds?

And also... Does it have to be completely dry? Should I cut it up really fine first?

Thanks for any info!
Id really like to try this out!

First use strainer it works fast, then later paper filter it works slow, do not cut, wash in 2-3 successive runs, imo fresh is better.

Capn

Jumps the man. Cept i do it in one 7-15 second run. Gets nearly all the good stuff, leaves all the bad.