What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Walmart is what is wrong with America... now they have the good organic products... quality is questionable.

If you can possibly avoid it, don't do business with Wal-Mart. It's like buying brickweed, all your money goes out of the country to the consumer product cartels.

Seriously, buy from stores that keep the money in the country. We'll all appreciate it down the road.

L

LolaGal

Since I live in a rural area, I was thrilled to see that WM carried EWC!!!!

I bought some and used indoors in soil. My plants LOVE it! The ones with EWC are going wild! I only got one bag and ran out!

It's GOOD STUFF!!

Trillyen

Great read here and i am just wondering if it would be a good thing to use a worm casted compost tea to grow my weed in my bubble ponics bucket??

Also i added some fish poop, and water for bacteria from my frshwater aquarium...would this also be ok????

thanks ahead of time!!!!

reddy1

ICMag Donor
Trillyen- organics in hydro are a nice addition to any synthetic nutrient program. hard to control pH and ppm strengths with teas so i keep my doses small and irregular. just enough to stimulate the microherd. have you seen this thread?

BigTokes ~ "How-To" Of The Bio-Buckets 101
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8182

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
I am lazy and like to use Pro Mix with worm castings and Espoma Bio-Tone, and then in flower give them some Espoma Flower Tone.

By the time they are done, they have used up all of their food and they get super frosty.

Ulysses

I've been keeping an eye out in two local Walmarts and I regret to say that I haven't spotted any yet... I want to be first in line and get the freshly delivered batch- before the walmart crowd leaves them out in the rain and sun...

I've seen last year's leftovers- all sun bleached, dried up and torn- same price $3.58, had to pass on them.

I went out back in my local store and inspected the newly delivered, still plastic wrapped pallets of lawn and garden goods- no friendly yellow bags of ewc.

I hope Scott's Miracle Grow Corporation hasn't crushed this company out of business :fsu:

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
You may be able to ask a manager to get it in for you or when it might be coming in. Good growing. I got mine in a hydro store. I have seen them on ebay.

Trillyen

Trillyen- organics in hydro are a nice addition to any synthetic nutrient program. hard to control pH and ppm strengths with teas so i keep my doses small and irregular. just enough to stimulate the microherd. have you seen this thread?

BigTokes ~ "How-To" Of The Bio-Buckets 101
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8182

No i havent see that thread yet thanks dude, ill have to look more into that

i didnt read much of it YET cause its almost 3 in the morn and i gotta wrk tomorrow, but if it has anything to do with aeroponics i really wanna read more into that cause i wanna try at least 1 grow, and see how it goes with this method seeing as i also love fish!!!

thanks alot for the post man, any other ideas

What a great thread, not to make any one mad or anything but i just got the last 3 bags of EWC at wal-mart today for 1 dollar a piece, and i already had like 3 unopen bags already

1 thing about this stuff tho, it sure does have alot of weeds popping up everywhere

thanks reddy1

El Vexilix

Sweet , I just picked up a bag . Ready to see how the tea will turn out using this new brand ; been using Black Gold .

Also they had the BLACK yes black Rubbermaid 18gallon tote bins for $4 and the long 30g for $8 ! So I bought a pump and some goodies and now about to do a lil hydro setup .

Been doin soil for 14 years , still gunna do it , just couldn't pass this up .... black tote bins....c'mon .

Trillyen

ok let me get this straight u can grow a good crop in a EWC, and make a compost tea out of the same EWC and use it to water the EWC that your plants are growing in?Do u still have to fertilize with regular nutes like super bloom or peters all purpose, or does the compost tea take care of all micro nutesis all I need for my organic grow a good compost tea and some super thrive???thanks in advance??if u still want to fertilize can u????

El Vexilix

I tea once a weak and fert and feed lightly the rest of the week with some plain RO watering here and there . You can tea all the time but make sure you go easy on the guanos . A properly made tea with molasses will have you micros .

C

CT Guy

From all the research I've seen, 20% earthworm castings is the ideal amount for a soil mix.

I'm not convinced that what Walmart has is true earthworm castings though, or that they've been properly stored if they are.

If you can make your own, it would be 100% better!

reddy1

ICMag Donor
I hope Scott's Miracle Grow Corporation hasn't crushed this company out of business :fsu:

DMF is a bait company out of michigan(11% unemployment right now). the EWC are a byproduct for them so i don't think this is their main source of income.

i also haven't seen a single complaint in this thread about the quality of the product.

35 cents a pound vs. $1-2 a pound at your hydro store. one heck of a deal if you ask me.