What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
e20sm0ke said:
do you recommend the canadian peat or promix/sunshine which one is better
Either one. Pro Mix and Sunshine mix is mostly peat. It's been sifted to get the larger chunks out of it. And it has some perlite, vermiculite and wetting agent (soap) added. I don't like vermiculite in my mixes, so I use plain peat or Pro Mix HP if I can find it cheap.
Plain peat is the cheapest way to go. Premier Peat is made by the same company that makes Pro Mix.
Burn1

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
hey burnone can you give me some recommendations on my peat mix. it is canadian gold which is peat, perlite, wood charcoal, lime, and wetting agent.

if i supplement it with EWC from wal-mart and some compost, what ratios should i go with and what should i ph my tea to? anything else i can supplement it with? some of my plants have ph problems because my ph test kit only goes to 6.0 and i know it has to be lower like 5.3-5.7 right?

maryj315

south texas here i found majestic peat moss checked out ther site its canadian no added ferts they also carry the castings now if could find something to replace the kelp i could go all wal mart tired of paying for ffof and the hour drive sucks to.

Burt

Veteran
I've been using wally world castings for 6 weeks now-no complaints at all-my mix is 40% straight castings and 60% cocoa-only problem has been lack of cal mag which has been easily remedied by using cal mag plus via foliar and soil drenches-be careful though the cal mag plus has 2 parts of N for each recommended dosage-i had burned all of my mothers over the winter by not flushing properly as well as using the cal mag in conjunction with FF grow big-too much N
everything is good now-leaves look normal and all of my moms survived
wally world also stocks an organic mix in white and green bags and i put a few clones in them just to see-sure enough they are a complete source of nutes and working well-no deficineies to speak of-just a bit slower than the coca but that is to be expected
wally world also stocks the organic line of products from those young worm casting farmers-their dry fertilizer in the recycled milk jugs is great-they also stock bone and blood meal if that is your thing

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i agree with the cal- mag def.
i gave them some epsom salt and everything has been gravy.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lc00p4 said:
hey burnone can you give me some recommendations on my peat mix. it is canadian gold which is peat, perlite, wood charcoal, lime, and wetting agent.

if i supplement it with EWC from wal-mart and some compost, what ratios should i go with and what should i ph my tea to? anything else i can supplement it with? some of my plants have ph problems because my ph test kit only goes to 6.0 and i know it has to be lower like 5.3-5.7 right?
You're Killin' me. Go read the BEGINNERS STICKY.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ulysses said:
My Walmart also has Alaskan Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1...

If it is an emulsion don't use it. It's junk. What you want is fish hydrolysate; Great Pacific Bioproducts (Canada), Organic Gem, Hi Crop. I ran microbial assays on AFF emulsion and after 90 hours there was still no life. For some examples of tests see my website under resources;
www.microbeorganics.com

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Microbeman said:
Suby,

You probably know I'm in BC. If you are too and are not too distant I can give you everything (N/C) you need to start making your own vermicompost (except a plastic bin). Just send me an email through my website.

Tim

I missed this post, I really appreciate the offer, we'll have to hook and hooka some of BC's finest lol...

Tim do you have any speacialty stores from which you buy you products from?
I have been looking for affordabel fish hydrolysate and the only brand I have seen years ago was Neptune's Harvest and it is hydrolysate not emulsion, I also want a few other things in bulk.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Suby said:
I missed this post, I really appreciate the offer, we'll have to hook and hooka some of BC's finest lol...

Tim do you have any speacialty stores from which you buy you products from?
I have been looking for affordabel fish hydrolysate and the only brand I have seen years ago was Neptune's Harvest and it is hydrolysate not emulsion, I also want a few other things in bulk.

There is a link to Great Pacific Bioproducts on my website. I'm pretty sure you can purchase 5 gallon pails of hydrolysate from them or they can direct you to a retailer. I get a special price from them but I'm guessing the price on 5 gallons is $40 to $50. Tell them Tim sent ya.

I get my kelp, bran, commercial flour, oat flour and alfalfa meal through my local feed store; 50 lb bags. In the Fraser Valley, Otter Co-Op is a good resource. If you email me I'll connect you with a wholesale source for black strap molasses but you may not use as much as I do. I only buy Premier brand sphagnum peat where-ever it is cheapest.

Thanks for the offer on the hooka but I do not partake. I need to take opiates daily to manage pain (Arthrogryposis) and that's already enough medicine for me.

Salutations,
Tim

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to take opiates daily to manage pain (Arthrogryposis) and that's already enough medicine for me.

not to be a jeerk but opiates are horrible compared to cannabis as a medicine in so many ways. cannabis is the best pain medicine, find a strain that works for you and your set for life.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
JK is right, I made cannabis pills for a family member today and they work amazing for pain, she's had cancer, arthritits, mild diabetes, poor bone density, the pills help her out incredibly. she was a nay sayer at first but I forced her to try a small dose and put her money where her mouth is...this is the second batch I make for her of 100 pills ;).

I have major back issues, daily pain and a toddler to pick up often and the MJ is the only thing I'll take for pain.

:2cents:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea suby, i had a friend taking opiates for pain. he took them for quite a while. slowly the pain started going away or not as strong i dont remember why. well guess what he still LOVED opiates. took me 3 years to get him off and switch to cannabis. he thanks me everytime i see him the horrible life on opiates he had. he looks healthier, feels healthier and is in a lot less pain and is just all around better, best part is he isnt dependent on his meds and dont let them rule his life. and its not the first time ive seen weed save people from horrible life of prescription pills and there side effects.

but thats for another thread this is about wormcastings!

ps suby, why the gt-r in the avatar when ur the suby man?

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Opiates

Opiates

Yes you are correct this is not the thread but the discussion started so; regarding opiates, neither of you know what you are saying. I not only have personal experience with both drugs but studied and did research in pharmecology and brain and behaviour in university. Opiates, especially in their natural form, seed pods, not only assist with pain management but, prevent and minimize infuenza and colds and reduce nausea as well as or better than marijuana. The only bad effects from opiates are physical addiction and constipation and of course the lifestyle which comes with its illicit use. When I have attempted to use cannabis for pain relief, pain has been exaggerated rather than subdued. This, even though many strains were experimented with. People have different metabolisms and I have no doubt whatsoever that marijuana helps to relieve pain for many people. I believe this so much that I participated on a large scale to develop and provide an indica strain which provided such relief for many people for many years. I brought this up in another thread.

Just as it is crappy to give cannabis a bad rap it is also unfair to give opiates one. If you saw my body, you would perhaps understand. I am only able to do the things I can do AT ALL because of opiate pain management. It does not make me stoned, sleepy nor stupid. Ask Tad. He has seen me. I have used opiates steadily for 12 years and off and on for 55 years.

Tim

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to be honest when you said "opiates" pills come to mind first as 90% of them taken in this country are pills. i knew someone who grew there own poppies and used it to treat pain, but she still got addicted and grew way to dependent on them for meds. sorry to hear you couldn't find the right strain, im sure theres one out there for you. you might have been looking in the wrong place. sativas can ease pain just as much as indicas, but in a completely different way.

Ulysses

Just a friendly warning guys and gals- the EWC are a seasonal item...

Walmart quickly transitions from seasonal goods to seasonal goods EARLY!

Soon, they will be in 'Back to School' mode and the EWC will be gone- sometimes, they go on sale for $2.00 and sometimes you can make a deal on the ripped bags (take a contractors garbage bag in your trunk)...

I like to throw a handful in my Bloom tea to keep 'em heathly and green throughout the flowering phase... Can't say enough good things about EWC!

Act now...

reddy1

ICMag Donor
bump to see if walmart is carrying these again. had great success last season. anybody see these yellow bags at walmart or sam's????????

Latest posts

Latest posts