What's new

Dyr and Tanska outdoors 2010

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks killerweed31 and HookaHittah, yes the Thyphoons on recent pics are from this year, today actually ;)

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
those thyphoon look great especially! it sure is a strong performer, tried it at n.62 and grew very fine. i'm not growing them this summer though, but made plenty of seeds for future grows.. just trying something different this year.

anyways looks great as usual dyr! greetings from finland!

MJBadger

Veteran
The big Thyphoon spot on a very rainy today, all pics had to be shot from under my raincoat:

That is one beautiful plot , dripping with flower will be seventh heaven .

Stay green .

dyr

ICMag Donor
thank you, thank you my friends

Here is an update from today with hindu kush, we put sand on top around the holes to prevent the snails from getting to the plants, also ferramol ;)

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

The 2 trikotelydons(or whatever they are called :D ), thought there was only 1 of these last time, this little one has recovered well:

IMG_5170.jpg

And the other one:

IMG_5166.jpg

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking real good guys. I enjoyed the show last yea very much also. I really like the look of the Typhoon. If you already posted what the genetics are sorry I get distracted by the pretty pictures at times. But what is Typhoon??

F

fisher

apparently those triplet ones are 90% male so
it'll be interesting to see if you get a female.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great work!
Your plants look lush.
I predict some kind of stoners heaven in those plots.
Much peace and light in your direction

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks friendly people :) nobody knows what Thyphoon is guyute, I can't help you there.

haxi

Hello guys !
Hey dyr, this nice nice stuff, realy. Keep up the good work man!

About thyphoon:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82414

Heya, been browsing this forum for awhile now and finally decided to register because i have some information i think you will find useful.

Outdoors strain grown in Denmark since late 60s.

Genes are unknown to the best of my knowledge but its a Sativa Dominant(75/25?) hybrid with a touch of purple if lucky.

It's an early/easy flowering strain(Not 100% AF) adapted for the northern Europe and Nordic climate.
It's said to be very frost and mold resistant aswell, and it will grow to tree-size if the right conditions are met.

High is supposed to be cerebral and energetic.

Couldnt find anything on the taste or smell sorry.

Here are some photo links:

*edit* No links allowed for new members.. sorry again.

Much info on this thread, but some maybe false,also.

Peace :rasta:

Xhashish

Veteran
wooow , that typhoon spot makes me drawl, looks sooo beautiful , vigorus plants

thumps up, cant wait to follow this (=

MkkDdd

Working Lime into Soil

Working Lime into Soil

Hey, Dyr!

Your grows are of great interest to me, because we’re close to each others’ latitudes. (I’m at 58N.) I only hope I might enjoy comparable success with my considerably smaller grows and lesser experience. Thank you for the time and trouble you take to make your efforts useful for everyone by posting them. If I do manage to make a success of my grows, you will have played an important role.

On Saturday, I’m going to put the last of this year’s plants in the ground. It’s very unlikely they’ll reach full maturity, as they’re sativas (All this year's Rudis are already out, along with lots of Sats in other places.) they only germinated a couple of weeks ago and we’ve had really shit weather for a couple weeks, so they’re only half a dozen or so cm.’s tall. I wish I’d left them inside under the lights, but I was so eager to cut down on electricity usage I put them out onto the balcony during the nice weather as soon as they’d sprouted. Then I broke the grow room down for the summer. Then the weather turned crap. Fucking northern latitudes: two weeks of fucking rain and high winds in the middle of fucking June with temps down to four and five fucking ºC at night! Not much growth there!

Anyway, I wanted to ask you a question about soil: somewhere I read your description of working dolomite (?) lime into the soil. The place I’m planting out into on Saturday is a little clearing among pine trees, so I expect the soil to be rather acid. The problem is, I don’t know how much lime to work in. The instructions on the bag say, “Addition of 1kg of CaCO3 to 1m2 of surface soil will raise pH an average of half a unit.” e.g. if the soil is pH 5 before working 1kg of lime into 1m2 of surface soil, the resulting pH should be about 5.5. Unfortunately, the pH soil tester I got cheap from Amazon doesn’t bloody work. Could you advise me, please, from your wealth of experience what you would do: how much lime would you expect to use; how deep would you go; (The pots are about 30cm deep, so I plan on digging a 20 to 30 litre hole. Actually, because this is such a good spot and I intend to use it again next year, I might make it bigger, say a 50 litre hole.) how much lime would you put in; would you put it all in closer to the surface, or work it into all of the unearthed soil equally from bottom to surface?

I’ll actually be using two spots in close proximity. One of them, as described above, is a little clearing among the pines and the other is in an overgrown field on the way there, also surrounded by pines, but not directly underneath their canopy. I will be putting two buckets into the ground - one of them a twelve litre and the other a fourteen litre pot - both about 30cm diameter with twelve plants sown around the edges, like the numbers on a clock face, so their roots can grow out to the sides when they’re dropped into their new homes in the ground. I’ll put geteroduksin root stimulator at the bottom of the hole and spread it on the exposed roots around the sides before pulling soil up to bed them in. If I’m unlucky and the plants’ root systems aren’t big enough to hold the transplant together, it could fall through my hands and crumble into the hole while upside down, leaving the roots exposed and the leaves under the soil, then I'll have to find another way to apply the geteroduksin. With such small plants in such big pots and such slow growth these past couple of weeks, such an event is not unlikely. That’s exactly what happened when I put another bucket of Sats out last week. It just means I’ll have to spend a lot more time re-planting the seedlings into their new homes individually, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Any advice or comment you might like to make would be greatly appreciated.

MkkDdd

PS - Pictures

PS - Pictures

A picture's worth a thousand words, so here are a few of the strongest stands I've got in the ground so far this year.

Attachments

• Rudi Stand 1 - Last Day at Home.jpg
    Rudi Stand 1 - Last Day at Home.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Rudi Stand 1.JPG.jpg
    Rudi Stand 1.JPG.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Sat Stand 1.JPG-3.jpg
    Sat Stand 1.JPG-3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 21
  • Sat Stand 2.JPG-3.jpg
    Sat Stand 2.JPG-3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 20

MkkDdd

A Few More

A Few More

Limited to 4x attachments. May have lost track of which ones have already been posted and which ones haven't.

Attachments

• Rudi Stand 1.JPG.jpg
    Rudi Stand 1.JPG.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Rudi Stand 1.JPG-2.jpg
    Rudi Stand 1.JPG-2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Sat Stand 1.JPG-2.jpg
    Sat Stand 1.JPG-2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Rudi Stand 2.JPG-2.jpg
    Rudi Stand 2.JPG-2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 20

dyr

ICMag Donor
Hi MkkDdd, a tricky question you ask there, I'm not sure I'm the right guy to ask, many people on this site know much more about that than me. We never ad much lime only throw a thin layer all over the spot, and then mix it 10-30 cm into the soil. I've heard that in Denmark there is a lot of lime already in the soil compared to Norway and Sweden where they have more problems with acid rain and need to ad more lime into the soil, probably doesn't go for all areas of sweden and norway though. I really don't know what we normally ad, I think it is less than a kilo per m2, maybe 300-500 grams, but our spots are not near pine trees. No matter what you added this year it seems to have done the trick, cause your plants look like their doing great ;) good luck with them.

MJBadger

Veteran
I hope i`m not treading on anyones toes here but i like to follow this thread coz i like to follow N Lat grows .
MkkDdd , your best bet would be another PH meter because you are just guessing wether you need lime . If you decide to use it add just a good handfull to a 30ltr hole and mix well . There used to be this guy on Overgrow (forgotten his handle) growing guerilla in pine forests in the USA & he had some terrific crops & all he used to use is a cold water tea made with Cow manure (not horse) . He was able to collect plenty from fields near him & used it all the time . I don`t know what it was about cow manure but it seemed to do something to the acidic soil & raise the PH . If you decide to try this dilute the tea 10-1 .
Nice plants .

Stay green .

MkkDdd

Hi MkkDdd, a tricky question you ask there, I'm not sure I'm the right guy to ask, many people on this site know much more about that than me. We never ad much lime only throw a thin layer all over the spot, and then mix it 10-30 cm into the soil. I've heard that in Denmark there is a lot of lime already in the soil compared to Norway and Sweden where they have more problems with acid rain and need to ad more lime into the soil, probably doesn't go for all areas of sweden and norway though. I really don't know what we normally ad, I think it is less than a kilo per m2, maybe 300-500 grams, but our spots are not near pine trees. No matter what you added this year it seems to have done the trick, cause your plants look like their doing great ;) good luck with them.
Thank you for your prompt reply, Dyr and Tanska.

What you've told me is actually very helpful, because it confirms what I'd more or less thought. I feel much more confident about doing it now.

After I'd posted, I had another look at the label on the bag of lime and realised I'd misquoted it: it refers to 1m3 (cubed), not 1m2 (squared). Oops - mea culpa! With that in mind, it seems fairly obvious the lime needs to be worked in throughout the mix, which should make it fairly simple: just dig a 1m. square 1m. deep.

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, so far this year I'm satisfied with the way they look, but they did have quite a bit of nurturing at home before going into the ground. Once in the ground they're bedded in with geteroduksin and sprayed with humus. No lime has been added anywhere yet. The next one will be the first with lime (and the last this year). I've had to return to the sites several more times than I would have liked. It's getting difficult to cover my tracks. (Anti-)Snail granules have been essential!

Latest posts

Latest posts