What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt...another essential

Protekt is great......I have added it at the end of mixing to get the PH up with out any "lockout".

There was a member on here before who had a post about Dynagrow and he basicly broke down the whole "What is Organic". Some of the best reading on here. I forgot his name but remember that his signature under his name said something like
N..is not organic
P- is not organic....

His post really opend my eyes to the less is more thing and to stop adding so much shit. Anyways my herbs has not been better.

anyone use thier MagPro?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1ml per gal sounds pretty weak if people are using 5-10 ml per gal.

I never add that much ... the most i've ever used was 3ml per . most times its 1 to 3ml depending on where my PH winds up after i add it to the mix .
i add it last when i'm using new nutes or when i switched to RO ,so i can get my PH levels where i want them . but once i know how much i need to get my PH where i want it without using Up or Down then i add it to the mix first .

T

TribalSeeds

This sounds excessive. Silica blast's direction I think are 7ml per g, but protekt is much more concetrated. The directions on ProTekt and Grotek are 2.5ml soil/soiless, 5 ml hydro
I use about 1-2ml per gal with CNS17 and the ph is perfect every time and the stems look like they have bark growing on them.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
question
how does this compare to botanicare silica blast? I've always used silica blast.
answer
This sounds excessive. Silica blast's direction I think are 7ml per g, but protekt is much more concetrated. The directions on ProTekt and Grotek are 2.5ml soil/soiless, 5 ml hydro
And ... its a little cheaper too :) win win

I started out with silica blast & switched to protekt & never looked back .

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
There was a member on here before who had a post about Dynagrow and he basicly broke down the whole "What is Organic". Some of the best reading on here. I forgot his name but remember that his signature under his name said something like
N..is not organic
P- is not organic....

His post really opend my eyes to the less is more thing and to stop adding so much shit. Anyways my herbs has not been better

His name is Grateful H3ad and that bad-mofo is sorely missed around here.

S

swisscheese

LOL you are not talking from experience. I have tried up to 5ml per gallon and noticed no added benefits. Less is usually more in this growing game.

Dynagrow nutes are more concentrated clear across the board on their nutes...
Dyna is hard to beat, One of the most complete and simple nutes out there IMO.
Yeah it may have been "Greatful head". I think he had the dude from East Bound & out guy for his avatar.... LOL all the "ORGANIC" use to hate on him cause he told like it was!

junior_grower

Just for the record pH up is most often potassium silicate, the same as a bottle of proteck but more concentrated. My local shop sells house brand pH up for 22 bucks a liter, diluted down to the same strength of protect you can make 10 bottles. Food for thought this is nothing but fancy labels and a shinny "new product".

Blaz3

If silica makes stem's diameter bigger,this means the plant has an increased and efficient nutrient intake?..bigger stems=more nutrient intake?

My other question is,whata re the effects os SMOKING silica?...has there been any research done in this aspect?I have ehard rumors that smoking silica isnt the healthiest thing to do.

S

swisscheese

Plants and humans alike all need silica in their diet to live an optimum life bottom line.

L

lloy

Hey all. Will protekt help with mold resistance for outdoor growth. And i was also wondering how it interacts with beneficials like mycortizi or baccilis. Have used this product for a while on my tomatoes and noticed how lush the growth is.

medicalmj

Veteran
Hey all. Will protekt help with mold resistance for outdoor growth. And i was also wondering how it interacts with beneficials like mycortizi or baccilis. Have used this product for a while on my tomatoes and noticed how lush the growth is.

Anyone find research as to this? The hydro shop guys will surely tell that it will protect against fungus/mold. It's one of the key ingredients in PH up and many will use it for that purpose. But I have found bennies (i add as a tea or innoculate as i am in hydro) will shift PH up, but can'y see why it would neg affect. Other than you may need to us an acid to bring down PH.

Anyone know what acid is easier on bennies, Nitric or Phosphoric??? Or same?

Heusinomics

All acids are bad for microbes from what it says in the Rev TLO book.
And we could assume that potasium silicate will b tough on them too!(bc of its rapid ph changes)

I used the silica blast w no noticeable results.
And Iv been trying a product in veg by -flairform- called "SilicaMajic" it's stupid potent at 0-0-15!
N it's basic jst PH:up cause it takes a stupid amount of ph dwn to balance it out at a reasonable dose.

I'm more interested in the. "Silicon" in protek that's not the potassium!
And I'm def interested in using it as the wetting agent in my foliar a as this seems a great way to get it ware it's needed!

Can anyone comment on there recommended usage rate for protek in foliars?

medicalmj

Veteran
All acids are bad for microbes from what it says in the Rev TLO book.
And we could assume that potasium silicate will b tough on them too!(bc of its rapid ph changes)

I used the silica blast w no noticeable results.
And Iv been trying a product in veg by -flairform- called "SilicaMajic" it's stupid potent at 0-0-15!
N it's basic jst PH:up cause it takes a stupid amount of ph dwn to balance it out at a reasonable dose.

I'm more interested in the. "Silicon" in protek that's not the potassium!
And I'm def interested in using it as the wetting agent in my foliar a as this seems a great way to get it ware it's needed!

Can anyone comment on there recommended usage rate for protek in foliars?
Studies conclude foliar's a waste. Soil applications are preferred. This study used dyna-gro protek for foliar and soil apps for some of testing.

key words Silicon and Soil Fertility

https://njaes.rutgers.edu/pubs/soilprofile/sp-v20.pdf

Latest posts

Latest posts