What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWD's Quarantine grow show

deepwaterdude

Now this is funny! I hope your next crop will be heavenly. I suspect all tents are going to get light leaks sooner than one would expect, regardless of brand, especially if they have been put away once or twice. I am seriously thinking of a framed cabinet, I just haven't yet researched light-tight door designs.

So it looks like the mega is treating you very well. I'm looking forward to watching them develop. BTW, what are you feeding them with?
:laughing: Well said;o) They've had Seamax 16-16-16 a few times and sensi A + B others. A tad of CalMag and plain water. No tip burn yet, strangely enough. Funny you ask, as they're about to wake up and I've got water waiting, just haven't decided what's for their breakfast. If Hydra looks good, they'll get some Age Old Fish n Kelp like she did yesterday. Think my soil pH is low as usual.

Yep, I had the same experience with two Mars Hydro tents so I bought a Gorilla Grow tent 2'x4'. Same thing. I bought a little 2'x2' a few months back, and it has less pinholes than the Mars, about the same or less than the GG. Frustrating. I try to keep my grow room dark with blinds down during lights out. And screw secret jardin clip on fans. Complete waste of money -the clips and the fan motors are poor.

Gorgeous plants, DWD!

thanks, man! Bad luck with tents. When I worry about it, I go out to pee under the night sky and I could read a damn book by the starlight. Again, the amount of 20$ fans that last just ONE grow... I should buy stock. I had two that were working OK, just a little dusty so wiped 'em off. Suddenly both don't work. Ridiculous. Having a blast bringing stuff to the dump these days;o)

Really interested in the Romulans. Hope your doing well!

Me, too, MD. Pretty fricken robust so far, excellent smells and bushy AF with hardy stems, tons of budsites. They're "in flower" now, so only 3 months until I'll know something;) High hopes based on how they've acted in veg.

Here're the clones I took before flip and then the 2 Zamaldelica x Kali China I have outdoors. I only took one SMH clone and she's the first to have roots, followed by Rom 1 and Zeke Z x KC. Rom2s clones were taken a few days ago only and I could've cut a ton more - proper 70s bush going on;) Love my cloner.

The two OD girls are starting to look healthy and underfed as usual. I do think at least #1 wants to flower early, and I'll let her if it's the case. Coupla chair scrogs in near future. If Zam x KC 2, Hydra, doesn't start feeling better, I'll swap her out with number 3.

Attachments

• Clones may 24.jpg
    Clones may 24.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 22
  • Roms top 2 rows, zeke, P wreck, then SMH bottom.jpg
    Roms top 2 rows, zeke, P wreck, then SMH bottom.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 26
  • SMH roots, roms and zeke also showing roots.jpg
    SMH roots, roms and zeke also showing roots.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Z x KC Backups.jpg
    Z x KC Backups.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 20
  • That's Z x KC 1 at left and 3, right.jpg
    That's Z x KC 1 at left and 3, right.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 22

OZZ_

Veteran
Yep, I had the same experience with two Mars Hydro tents so I bought a Gorilla Grow tent 2'x4'. Same thing. I bought a little 2'x2' a few months back, and it has less pinholes than the Mars, about the same or less than the GG. Frustrating. I try to keep my grow room dark with blinds down during lights out. And screw secret jardin clip on fans. Complete waste of money -the clips and the fan motors are poor.

Gorgeous plants, DWD!

I do the same thing. Try to keep the tents in a darkened room regardless. I don’t mean to bad mouth the SJs... necessary .... and I’ve never had a GG so can’t speak as to that but I was disappointed with the pinholes I saw in this most recent one.

Those plants are looking great DWD. After the last post I spent the day looking up that light, because when we do get moved I’ll be needing another. I still think I’m going to opt for the HLG 550 R spec Though, if nothing more than familiarity- well, and the price is a huge factor also. I did swap out my solsheet in the 2x2 for a spider farmer sf 1000. The KA5H seems to like it better.

I don’t want to steer DWDs thread too far off track but if anyone is looking for some great circulation fans I’m loving these I got from vivosun:

https://vivosun.com/products/vivosun-6700mah-usb-powered-clip-fan-with-hanging-hook-4-speeds-2-level-light-for-camp-baby-stroller-gym-home-office-1?_pos=1&_sid=08759447f&_ss=r&variant=33521501077549

deepwaterdude

I do the same thing. Try to keep the tents in a darkened room regardless. I don’t mean to bad mouth the SJs... necessary .... and I’ve never had a GG so can’t speak as to that but I was disappointed with the pinholes I saw in this most recent one.

Those plants are looking great DWD. After the last post I spent the day looking up that light, because when we do get moved I’ll be needing another. I still think I’m going to opt for the HLG 550 R spec Though, if nothing more than familiarity- well, and the price is a huge factor also. I did swap out my solsheet in the 2x2 for a spider farmer sf 1000. The KA5H seems to like it better.

I don’t want to steer DWDs thread too far off track but if anyone is looking for some great circulation fans I’m loving these I got from vivosun:

https://vivosun.com/products/vivosu...1&_sid=08759447f&_ss=r&variant=33521501077549

I agree; i think the NextLight is awesome if you have financial backing;) Great for warehouse, etc.

Edit: Girls just woke up. Z x KC 2 not doing any better so out she will come in the morning, replaced by Z x KC 3, no worries. Can't open the tent fully at night without looking like a nuclear reaction taking place in my house. Have to wait to AM.

RED 1

:laughing: Well said;o) They've had Seamax 16-16-16 a few times and sensi A + B others. A tad of CalMag and plain water. No tip burn yet, strangely enough. Funny you ask, as they're about to wake up and I've got water waiting, just haven't decided what's for their breakfast. If Hydra looks good, they'll get some Age Old Fish n Kelp like she did yesterday. Think my soil pH is low as usual.

thanks, man! Bad luck with tents. When I worry about it, I go out to pee under the night sky and I could read a damn book by the starlight. Again, the amount of 20$ fans that last just ONE grow... I should buy stock. I had two that were working OK, just a little dusty so wiped 'em off. Suddenly both don't work. Ridiculous. Having a blast bringing stuff to the dump these days;o)

Me, too, MD. Pretty fricken robust so far, excellent smells and bushy AF with hardy stems, tons of budsites. They're "in flower" now, so only 3 months until I'll know something;) High hopes based on how they've acted in veg.

Here're the clones I took before flip and then the 2 Zamaldelica x Kali China I have outdoors. I only took one SMH clone and she's the first to have roots, followed by Rom 1 and Zeke Z x KC. Rom2s clones were taken a few days ago only and I could've cut a ton more - proper 70s bush going on;) Love my cloner.

The two OD girls are starting to look healthy and underfed as usual. I do think at least #1 wants to flower early, and I'll let her if it's the case. Coupla chair scrogs in near future. If Zam x KC 2, Hydra, doesn't start feeling better, I'll swap her out with number 3.
Are those bell peppers bottom left? :)

deepwaterdude

Are those bell peppers bottom left? :)
`
Ooo, good idea;) nope, the yellower stuff is spinach and the purpling stuff Arugula. I was supposed to transplant them to the raised beds, but lazy;)

Hydra looks pretty bad so out she came this morning, into the sun for rehab, but may screw too much with her hormones. Too bad, nicest zam x KC I thought. I'm gonna try higher pH stuff with her outdoors, see if that's where the problem is.
Tent feels nice with just 5 in there. Roms are expanding madly, Purple wreck is really puttin' on the ritz (so happy to see flowers), Zeke is a big weeping willow of a plant with many tops, should provide the zam x kc I was hoping for, the Super Malawi Haze is very healthy, though small leaved, etc... have to see how she goes. Slower grower than the rest. I will pot her clone soon so I'll have more of her.
So I gotta buy medium again... could go straight coco/perlite in 3 gals, or just big bales of Lambert's peat soil. Work intensive at the beginning with the coir bricks, but easy medium to understand. I can get a few clones in there within the month, making a nice staggered grow. I'm def saving 2 Purple Wreck and 2 Roms for outdoor - as clones, they should be able to finish here. Maybe even one or two guerrilla plants this year. Never done it, I like control too much. Be good learning experience.
Have a lovely day;)

deepwaterdude

Day 11 indoors - looking fine

Day 11 indoors - looking fine

Gooday;) Girls looking good this day 11 morning, even the zam x KC perked up once out of the tent, which pisses me off. She's been moved around enough already, changed day for night twice... she's staying out. Plus, last year, I brought in mites with my big C5 x Kali China. Everybody out stays out, everybody in stays in.

In the tent Purple Wreck has actual flowers already and surprisingly long branching, with her lower tops just under the big fans, which I tucked right after. very nice smells. Roms are right behind followed by Zeke and SoMuch. All good. Light dropping a tad when carbon filter goes in, I may try to do it level this time;)

Next wave - Clones and Zam x KCs in next post.

Attachments

• Zeke, nice n round.jpg
    Zeke, nice n round.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Romulan Row - I may actually have to defol:lollipop.jpg
    Romulan Row - I may actually have to defol:lollipop.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 28
  • Canopy - may swap Zeke and Pwreck spots.jpg
    Canopy - may swap Zeke and Pwreck spots.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Current configuration.jpg
    Current configuration.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Day 11 - Hey, light IS crooked.jpg
    Day 11 - Hey, light IS crooked.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Super Malawi Haze, close.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze, close.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Romulus starting flo.jpg
    Romulus starting flo.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Remus pistils.jpg
    Remus pistils.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Purple Wreck day 11.jpg
    Purple Wreck day 11.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Pwreck after adjusting leaves.jpg
    Pwreck after adjusting leaves.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 23

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear DWD

happy to see the indoor garden already flowering and progressing smooth and as planned :yes:
Your new Super Malawi Haze is a compact more NL leaning pheno, probably this is quite convenient considering the other more indica genetics sharing the place.
Zeke is a really nice name for Zamaldelica x Kali China :D Love that rock band too!

Hope everyhing is doing fine there, have a lovely weekend! :wave:

deepwaterdude

3 weeks today

3 weeks today

Dear DWD

happy to see the indoor garden already flowering and progressing smooth and as planned :yes:
Your new Super Malawi Haze is a compact more NL leaning pheno, probably this is quite convenient considering the other more indica genetics sharing the place.
Zeke is a really nice name for Zamaldelica x Kali China :D Love that rock band too!

Hope everyhing is doing fine there, have a lovely weekend! :wave:

Hola, Dubi, always nice to hear your notes as you know these plants best.
I'm very lucky with the SMH, getting the pheno I wanted twice in a row. In fact, I feel like with the exception of a few plants, I've always got exactly what I wanted...

Today they're at three weeks 12/12 and looking really good. Zeke has started her flowering with big buttons and SMH is more delicate and slower to get started, exactly like last time.

I'm very surprised at my purple trainwreck; her lower branches, which I did not expect to grow much at all, have chandeliered out and are exactly on a par with the other plants. Lovely Christmas tree.
The Romulan are showing very good/exceptional traits so far, but with no experience of them, judgment is reserved for the smoke;o)

I've got 3 clones of Zeke should she be amazing, and the other three Zam x KC are still outside and are blue with amazing health. Hydra, who was my favorite, seems to be in flower and continuing on with it. What we can say at this point is there will be both indoor and outdoor Zam x KC, and still maybe a tentful at some point;o) :party: Too late to take clones from Hydra, but the other two are just showing preflowers and still well in Veg.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying their day, it's raining on the desert... lovely! Not able to upload a photo at all for some reason. Disappointing.