What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWD's Quarantine grow show

deepwaterdude

Itching to flower - the chosen 6

Itching to flower - the chosen 6

The plants look very healthy. Looking forward to what they are going to do!

You ain't alone, my friend. I really want to see some flowers soon;o)

SO I think these girls are pretty ready to go, needed some time after repot to recover and expand a bit. They still need to get tied down, I am just hugely lazy for some reason...

Oh, I remember:biggrin: my intake fan died after only 10 years of dragging it from nation to nation. By Friday I'll have my new carbon filter and exhaust fan, and my current exhaust will become intake. Went with Vortex 711cfm for exhaust as they're very quiet and I'll have a speed controller so I don't suck the plants thru the filter;)

Interesting note is that I think my light had to go through a little break in period, during which it was super hot, like a 1000w instead of the usual 400w heat it puts off. Finally I think it's where my old fixture was, thank Juan and Mary, Gods of Cannabis, because I was getting worried the plants would get real heat stress during flower. I dropped it to 30inches from tops, it'll get to 12 inches end of flower.

Here are the 6 I feel it's best to run, the other two are enjoying New Mexico sunchine;)

Attachments

• Variety - the spice of growing.jpg
    Variety - the spice of growing.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Hydra - my favorite Z x KC  from the start - number 2.jpg
    Hydra - my favorite Z x KC from the start - number 2.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Zam KC 4 - Zeke - untameable mainstem.jpg
    Zam KC 4 - Zeke - untameable mainstem.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Triple decker Romulus - Rom 1.jpg
    Triple decker Romulus - Rom 1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Remus - Romulan S1 2.jpg
    Remus - Romulan S1 2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Lef'.jpg
    Lef'.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Fronk - P wreck - actually has clonable bottom branches.jpg
    Fronk - P wreck - actually has clonable bottom branches.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SoMuchHaze before tiedown - super malawi.jpg
    SoMuchHaze before tiedown - super malawi.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 26

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
DWD, awe so nice ! I'm hoping the snow we had two days ago was the last time this spring. I'm planting Memorial weekend come hell or high water.
It's been a joy watching your grow. The Romulan are exciting to me. I will certainly heat through October if need be. Anticipating your flowering!
Peace brother

OZZ_

Veteran
You ain't alone, my friend. I really want to see some flowers soon;o)

SO I think these girls are pretty ready to go, needed some time after repot to recover and expand a bit. They still need to get tied down, I am just hugely lazy for some reason...

Oh, I remember:biggrin: my intake fan died after only 10 years of dragging it from nation to nation. By Friday I'll have my new carbon filter and exhaust fan, and my current exhaust will become intake. Went with Vortex 711cfm for exhaust as they're very quiet and I'll have a speed controller so I don't suck the plants thru the filter;)

Interesting note is that I think my light had to go through a little break in period, during which it was super hot, like a 1000w instead of the usual 400w heat it puts off. Finally I think it's where my old fixture was, thank Juan and Mary, Gods of Cannabis, because I was getting worried the plants would get real heat stress during flower. I dropped it to 30inches from tops, it'll get to 12 inches end of flower.

Here are the 6 I feel it's best to run, the other two are enjoying New Mexico sunchine;)

Beautiful grow DWD I’m subbing up and see what you pull off. You may have seen me mention it once or twice (or maybe a thousand times as I’m excited as hell) but we will be neighbors come October. I’m moving back to AZ. Can’t wait. This Chicago weather is for the birds.

Anyway as mentioned, I’m subbed up. Glad the girls bounced back for you they are looking great. Looks to be shaping up to be a great show :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Hey, Ozz, I do remember something about you being able to grow outdoors, which is excellent. Me too, if I keep it humble. You like the extremes, eh? From Arctic to the arid zone, baby! Gets hot down there these days. Yikes

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey, Ozz, I do remember something about you being able to grow outdoors, which is excellent. Me too, if I keep it humble. You like the extremes, eh? From Arctic to the arid zone, baby! Gets hot down there these days. Yikes

Lmao. The house we ended up getting has neighbors so I’m not sure how well that will do. There’s legal there, but tightly controlled. I may be able to get away with it if, much like you, I keep them small. Probably only a single plant.

I lived in AZ previously for about 5 years, ended up meeting my girl just over three years ago here in Chicago while traveling, and stuck around and now we are engaged and I’ve got her onboard to relocate back to the warmth. Thank god! Chicago’s a cool city but living here sucks.

Anyway, like I said great thread. I’ll be pooping in from here on out! Looking forward to seeing how your girls turn out :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

Lmao. The house we ended up getting has neighbors so I’m not sure how well that will do. There’s legal there, but tightly controlled. I may be able to get away with it if, much like you, I keep them small. Probably only a single plant.

I lived in AZ previously for about 5 years, ended up meeting my girl just over three years ago here in Chicago while traveling, and stuck around and now we are engaged and I’ve got her onboard to relocate back to the warmth. Thank god! Chicago’s a cool city but living here sucks.

Anyway, like I said great thread. I’ll be pooping in from here on out! Looking forward to seeing how your girls turn out :biggrin:

hey, man, congrats! Excellent to be moving back to warmth, and getting married ain't bad either;0) I do ask that you poop in your own thread when possible... if ya can't hold it, just try not to hit the plants!

My new Vortex 711 exhaust fan came a day early, so I got the intake/exhaust set up 85%, just need 6 feet of 8" ducting and while I'm at it some plant ties. It came with a speed controller, and thank Juan it did, otherwise I would have been able to provide a picture of the plants getting sucked out the tent. I've got it at maybe 30% and it's perfect with the 347cfm intake. Sucks in the cheeks, but without stripping the tent off its frame;) I love these fans; super quiet compared to some.

Plants looking really good today, almost dry, which they like and very much enjoying new air flow. They are at 14.25 hrs light right now, Friday 12/12 when I get the dang carbon filter. That's the news, pics when all set up. deee

OZZ_

Veteran
hey, man, congrats! Excellent to be moving back to warmth, and getting married ain't bad either;0) I do ask that you poop in your own thread when possible... if ya can't hold it, just try not to hit the plants!

Lmao :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I’ll be *popping* in. I literally spit out my Coffee when I read that. Damn autocorrect anyway.

The new blower sounds bada$$. Can’t beat getting new toys in to tinker with, especially during quarantine times. :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

day 1

day 1

Lmao :laughing::laughing:

I’ll be *popping* in. I literally spit out my Coffee when I read that. Damn autocorrect anyway.

The new blower sounds bada$$. Can’t beat getting new toys in to tinker with, especially during quarantine times. :tiphat:

It as a nice upgrade, and now I use its little sister for intake; best of both now;) Plus I redid the window fitting to vent to outside. Old one was all bent outta shape.

Anyway, I finally fished the timer out from behind the tent and changed to 12/12, lights on 9:25PM, off 9:25 AM. Problem is I did it at 8am, so they got a 3 hour day and will start 12/12 at 9:25 tonight... basically they don't know what the frogs going on:biggrin:

I was thinking they were a little small to flower, but they still have to put on the stretch before really going at it. Hell, if I get 3oz bushlets, I'll be fine. Here they was this morning.

Attachments

• Girls may 16.jpg
    Girls may 16.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 19
  • Remus.jpg
    Remus.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Romulus.jpg
    Romulus.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Hydra - Z x KC - weeping willow.jpg
    Hydra - Z x KC - weeping willow.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Big Zeke - Z x KC.jpg
    Big Zeke - Z x KC.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 8 inch exhaust 711 cfm - running at 40 percent.jpg
    8 inch exhaust 711 cfm - running at 40 percent.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
  • P Wreck pistils.jpg
    P Wreck pistils.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 18

orfeas

Veteran
It as a nice upgrade, and now I use its little sister for intake; best of both now;) Plus I redid the window fitting to vent to outside. Old one was all bent outta shape.

Anyway, I finally fished the timer out from behind the tent and changed to 12/12, lights on 9:25PM, off 9:25 AM. Problem is I did it at 8am, so they got a 3 hour day and will start 12/12 at 9:25 tonight... basically they don't know what the frogs going on:biggrin:

I was thinking they were a little small to flower, but they still have to put on the stretch before really going at it. Hell, if I get 3oz bushlets, I'll be fine. Here they was this morning.

Gotta love them beautiful wooden floors :biggrin: not that I hate the greenery mate! :woohoo:

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

Gotta love them beautiful wooden floors :biggrin: not that I hate the greenery mate! :woohoo:

:tiphat:orf

All right, granted, we are all high here and orf, you're my favorite poet and one of my 2 favorite Greeks:biggrin: but what is it about my house that's an optical illusion? That's a wood CEILING, and it's actually pretty rough hewn;) Maybe you're remembering the floors from years back... if so, good, and particular, memory!

Here're the babes after two days of nights, or two nights of days. Definite hormonal shift going on. Loving what I'm seeing insofar as everybody going for it. First night temps didn't get above 72, so, not one to miss an opportunity to blast the plants, I immediately dropped the light 6". Temps at canopy still closer to 80 now. Just a few pics.

Edit: Forgot to say how much I'm enjoying the Purple Wreck, very glad I kept her and a few clones. I wanted to say that after repot, all the Zam x KCs were looking as if overwatered, and since I've started treating them more like they're in soil than coco, they've got their vigor back. Letting 'em dry out, higher pH soup.

Attachments

• 2 days of nights.jpg
    2 days of nights.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Romulus, hydra z x kc, Purple Wreck.jpg
    Romulus, hydra z x kc, Purple Wreck.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 24
  • SoMuchHze and Remus.jpg
    SoMuchHze and Remus.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Unruly Zeke z x kc and SoMuchHze.jpg
    Unruly Zeke z x kc and SoMuchHze.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
They are looking nice and healthy. I must have missed it but, what light are you flowering them under??

deepwaterdude

They are looking nice and healthy. I must have missed it but, what light are you flowering them under??

:laughing: Did someone tell you to ask that?;) They're under a brand spanking new NextLight Mega. Basically like two big quantum boards. Samsung diodes in both mH and HPS spectra, pulling 640w.

They've completed one week 12/12 and all but Z x KC #2, my favorite, are looking really good and shooting pistils. She just got fed a little fish n kelp 3-2-2. If she doesn't rebound in a week, then out she will go. Her Amazon sister, Zeke, is looking ferocious.

Flowering at night, I get to see where all the light leaks are in my secret jardin tent... makes me want to spend some government money on a Gorilla 4x4.

I am really enjoying watching the Purple Wreck in her natural state, just as much as I love seeing the other little bushes starting to flower. Very happy to see Super Malawi Haze with pistils, as last time she took a while to start and stayed pretty small.

Now, it is staying VERY cool for flower las noches, maybe too much so. They don't get into the 80s with that huge exhaust; I'm kinda hoping the carbon filter I'm about to throw on will resist a bit until temps get warmer. Seriously, reduces the space in the tent from 5x5 to 4x4 with the cheeks sucking in so much.

I've got to take some pictures to post in a few minutes, maybe even pull the babes from the tent. ciaos

deepwaterdude

1 week 12/12 - all showing pistils

1 week 12/12 - all showing pistils

Photos as promised. I don't know if I mentioned that the Romulans have been shooting two stems per node, more noticeable on #1 at the beginning, and looking at the first pistils, may be continuing this into flower. Nifty;)

Attachments

• SoMuch starting flo.jpg
    SoMuch starting flo.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 22
  • SoMuchhaze.jpg
    SoMuchhaze.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Purple Wreck may 24.jpg
    Purple Wreck may 24.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 23
  • P Wreck lookin' good.jpg
    P Wreck lookin' good.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 21
  • May 24 one week in.jpg
    May 24 one week in.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Zeke Z x KC.jpg
    Zeke Z x KC.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Romulan 1.jpg
    Romulan 1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Rom 1 flowatime.jpg
    Rom 1 flowatime.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Rom 2 - must tie down another 6 tops.jpg
    Rom 2 - must tie down another 6 tops.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Romulan 2 beginning flo.jpg
    Romulan 2 beginning flo.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 25

OZZ_

Veteran
:laughing: Did someone tell you to ask that?;) They're under a brand spanking new NextLight Mega. Basically like two big quantum boards. Samsung diodes in both mH and HPS spectra, pulling 640w.

Lol ... I always like to know what peeps are using, helps me decide what to use in my own grows. Now or in the future.

I just got a new secret Jardin tent in too, recently.... and i was surprised by all the pinhole light leaks everywhere.

I’ve always loved the SJ tents but I was pretty turned off when I got this one in and got it all set up. Seems there’s more then there used to be. I might have to consider switching manufacturers.

brickweeder

Lol ...I just got a new secret Jardin tent in too, recently.... and i was surprised by all the pinhole light leaks everywhere.

I’ve always love the SJ tents but I was pretty turned off when I got this one in and got it all set up. Seems there’s more then there used to be. I might have to consider switching manufacturers.

OZZ, thanks for the info.Same with Vivosun, numerous pin hole leaks....secret jardin tents are joining vivosun to my "Do Not Buy" list. The secret jardin clip on fans are already there after 2 burn outs (one oscillating, one non-oscillating...I consider them a fire hazard).

DWD, looking very healthy, nice work!!

deepwaterdude

Thanks, brickweeder, they're starting to get exciting;) let's don't start with fans!

I've been using secret jardin tents since 2006 or so, this one's just a couple of years old. Normally they're pretty good, but add a couple of cats to the equation and the constellations start to rival the night sky;)
I'd shell out the 400$ plus clams for a gorilla of the same size. MUCH heavier construction. Ideally I'd move and just have a grow room and outdoor, but barring that...

brickweeder

... but add a couple of cats to the equation and the constellations start to rival the night sky;)

Now this is funny! I hope your next crop will be heavenly. I suspect all tents are going to get light leaks sooner than one would expect, regardless of brand, especially if they have been put away once or twice. I am seriously thinking of a framed cabinet, I just haven't yet researched light-tight door designs.

So it looks like the mega is treating you very well. I'm looking forward to watching them develop. BTW, what are you feeding them with?

Last edited:
OZZ, thanks for the info.Same with Vivosun, numerous pin hole leaks....secret jardin tents are joining vivosun to my "Do Not Buy" list. The secret jardin clip on fans are already there after 2 burn outs (one oscillating, one non-oscillating...I consider them a fire hazard).

DWD, looking very healthy, nice work!!
Yep, I had the same experience with two Mars Hydro tents so I bought a Gorilla Grow tent 2'x4'. Same thing. I bought a little 2'x2' a few months back, and it has less pinholes than the Mars, about the same or less than the GG. Frustrating. I try to keep my grow room dark with blinds down during lights out. And screw secret jardin clip on fans. Complete waste of money -the clips and the fan motors are poor.

Gorgeous plants, DWD!