What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWD's Quarantine grow show

deepwaterdude

Mmmm, food. Feeling good on 4/20

Mmmm, food. Feeling good on 4/20

Nice and green healthy looking ladies.:tiphat:

Darksider, lovely to have you aboard - the rare non-smoker who grows amazing stuff! I welcome any insights you may have;o)

DWD, thank you again for sharing this grow. I have enjoyed your updates my friend. Hoping you are safe and healthy.
Peace

I always get a good feeling when I see your name, Sir Farmerlion. May your wishes be given back to you and your wife twofold;)

Happy 4/20 to everyone! May it find you and your loved ones well enough to puff.

My girls got fed right after previous Pics, took a day to digest their whoppers extra everything w/cheese and are clawing at the light and gaining good color;) I was (as usual) light on food. You think I'd learn by now...

Now that they're going strong ('cept PW), I'm considering adding a little blurple to their spectrum. Some folks here are aware of my grow light addiction, which I won't go into, just to say that around 2009, I invested in a much hyped Hydrogrowled penetrator X blurple for my 3x3 and it was great for veg and lacked oomph for flowering that space (of course). This was first/second gen, top o' the line blurple and still works really well for veg and flowering 1 small plant. This was also the birth of my skepticism insofar as LED manufacturer claims as to HPS equivalency.

Here they is.

Attachments

• Girls getting into it week 4.jpg
    Girls getting into it week 4.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Mmmm, food, day 25.jpg
    Mmmm, food, day 25.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Getting good color, no burn.jpg
    Getting good color, no burn.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Tallest stalks only 5in, just starting to branch.jpg
    Tallest stalks only 5in, just starting to branch.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04438.jpg
    DSC04438.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 20

RED 1

Darksider, lovely to have you aboard - the rare non-smoker who grows amazing stuff! I welcome any insights you may have;o)

I always get a good feeling when I see your name, Sir Farmerlion. May your wishes be given back to you and your wife twofold;)

Happy 4/20 to everyone! May it find you and your loved ones well enough to puff.

My girls got fed right after previous Pics, took a day to digest their whoppers extra everything w/cheese and are clawing at the light and gaining good color;) I was (as usual) light on food. You think I'd learn by now...

Now that they're going strong ('cept PW), I'm considering adding a little blurple to their spectrum. Some folks here are aware of my grow light addiction, which I won't go into, just to say that around 2009, I invested in a much hyped Hydrogrowled penetrator X blurple for my 3x3 and it was great for veg and lacked oomph for flowering that space (of course). This was first/second gen, top o' the line blurple and still works really well for veg and flowering 1 small plant. This was also the birth of my skepticism insofar as LED manufacturer claims as to HPS equivalency.

Here they is.
What's in the last tent D.?
:)

deepwaterdude

What's in the last tent D.?

Y'know, RED, I'd be glad to enumerate the population of my little victory garden, first wave.:peacock:
Right in front, you have very spicy arugula, or roquette, rucula... lovely stuff. Hard to see in the middle of that pot is swiss chard.
The little buttons in the round blue pots on either side of the door are Italian basil, and maybe, hopefully, some purple thai basil. I love basil. I will have too much. You can see a tiny wispy thing in the middle of the basil pot on right. That's cilantro or Chinese parsley.
The first long pot behind the arugula contains many radishes, long ones and fat ones, also spicy and lovely with mayonnaise, and we all have time to make homemade mayo;) I see there are three or four beet plants in the radish bin I'll have to take outside soon.
The four little square pots center contain Butternut squash, 2/4 of which have just popped up, to my surprise. Behind them a random basil or two (maybe the Thai?) and a Buttercrunch lettuce alongside a romaine.
To their right is the big bin of lettuces, the same two I just mentioned. I will thin most of them out to take outside and give away and keep 4-8 or so inside for now. That's a lotta lettuce.
On the left side of the butternuts is a complex mix of spinaches, 4-5 fennels and apparently some more lettuce. There's also a cilantro in there, because, why not?
In the back bin, I really don't know what I'm waiting on to pop, but there are a few spinaches and another fennel at least. I'll throw the next wave of radishes in there if I don't see something soon. I think that's it. There are assorted native weeds growing in a couple of pots, but they're still cute so they get to stay.
I find that since I don't work in the nightlife anymore, I'm eating MUCH better and cooking 95% of my meals. Big change from the quick bison green chile bacon cheeseburger and shots of tequila. I find there's a huge difference when you know exactly what went into the preparation of everything on the plate. Much more pleasurable.
I just wolfed down two lamburgers on grainy toast with sauteed onions and peppers with a simple shredded carrot and beet salad on the side, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamico e presto... easy peasy.
Damn, hungry again. Pollo a la Milanesa is next;)

RED 1

Y'know, RED, I'd be glad to enumerate the population of my little victory garden, first wave.:peacock:
Right in front, you have very spicy arugula, or roquette, rucula... lovely stuff. Hard to see in the middle of that pot is swiss chard.
The little buttons in the round blue pots on either side of the door are Italian basil, and maybe, hopefully, some purple thai basil. I love basil. I will have too much. You can see a tiny wispy thing in the middle of the basil pot on right. That's cilantro or Chinese parsley.
The first long pot behind the arugula contains many radishes, long ones and fat ones, also spicy and lovely with mayonnaise, and we all have time to make homemade mayo;) I see there are three or four beet plants in the radish bin I'll have to take outside soon.
The four little square pots center contain Butternut squash, 2/4 of which have just popped up, to my surprise. Behind them a random basil or two (maybe the Thai?) and a Buttercrunch lettuce alongside a romaine.
To their right is the big bin of lettuces, the same two I just mentioned. I will thin most of them out to take outside and give away and keep 4-8 or so inside for now. That's a lotta lettuce.
On the left side of the butternuts is a complex mix of spinaches, 4-5 fennels and apparently some more lettuce. There's also a cilantro in there, because, why not?
In the back bin, I really don't know what I'm waiting on to pop, but there are a few spinaches and another fennel at least. I'll throw the next wave of radishes in there if I don't see something soon. I think that's it. There are assorted native weeds growing in a couple of pots, but they're still cute so they get to stay.
I find that since I don't work in the nightlife anymore, I'm eating MUCH better and cooking 95% of my meals. Big change from the quick bison green chile bacon cheeseburger and shots of tequila. I find there's a huge difference when you know exactly what went into the preparation of everything on the plate. Much more pleasurable.
I just wolfed down two lamburgers on grainy toast with sauteed onions and peppers with a simple shredded carrot and beet salad on the side, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamico e presto... easy peasy.
Love it :)
Trying out a local variety of basil that can tolerate direct sunlight, heat, summer conditions.Will find Latin name for it, maybe it's available somehow,for you to try
With meat, local farmers do an excellent job
Just finished off some lamb chops had on coal,from this afternoon

:biggrin:

RED 1

Ocimum basilicum var. “Agioritikos”
Took a second to find it,2 hours to type it :)
Morning coffee,nice Zamaldelica joint, first action of the day, find Latin name greek basil,google,basil leaves,nice
Bottom right leaf, after a couple of puffs, looks like spider mites ?
Trip :biggrin:
Maybe is not as rare as I thought, but for years it's been a favourite basil variety,of mine, especially the extra blue vain phenotype
It tolerates both very low and high temps

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Ocimum basilicum var. “Agioritikos”
Took a second to find it,2 hours to type it :)
Morning coffee,nice Zamaldelica joint, first action of the day, find Latin name greek basil,google,basil leaves,nice
Bottom right leaf, after a couple of puffs, looks like spider mites ?
Trip :biggrin:
Maybe is not as rare as I thought, but for years it's been a favourite basil variety,of mine, especially the extra blue vain phenotype
It tolerates both very low and high temps

Excellent find, RED, I have the Mediterranean and Siam Queen going. Love both.

Well, I'm going to knock on wood, because it's only 10AM, but what a great day so far:peacock:

All the plants are doing great, eating heartily and expanding, I am also eating some of them in turn. It's another extraordinary New Mexico day out there, maybe so much so I could put my little girls outside for a few days.

Here's the great news. One, government money is coming in, enough so that I'm kind of back to where I was before having to isolate and losing my paid work.
Two, the white diodes of my NextLight have been flickering off from time to time for maybe three days. I really do like the way it flowers plants, some of my absolute best flowers have been grown under it and I was NOT wanting to pay for a new one.
I contacted service directly this morning, told them my problem and that my light was manufactured in 2017 and they're sending me A NEW LIGHT! Extraordinary. To be fair, it has a 5 year guarantee, but I didn't have the receipt, so, there's a company to admire. I'm so happy I could pee. I'll go take a picture of the plants and Edit them in in a few minutes.

deepwaterdude

PICS - all babes

PICS - all babes

Look forward to the photos :tiphat:

As you wish, Lord Vader:biggrin:

The FIMS look very effective; some will make 5-7 tops just at FIM point.

There's a pic entitled Left is lovely. These are my 5 favorites at the moment. The squat Zam x KC, the first bean to pop, ZAm x KC 2, great vigor and branching, the Super Malawi Haze - amazing in every aspect, maybe my favorite plant for its massive stink, dark leaves and upward energy, and the two Romulan S1s that are showing some killer vigor and smells.

Zam x KCs 3 and 4 are both very big and vigorous, respectively green and red stemmed and very interesting. Thinking about it, it will be hard to leave any one of these plants out of the tent. Should I run them all, the scissors and the girls' stems will both have to get some workouts, as I doubt a verbal request will tame these ladies.
The squat Zam x KC 1 is still in question, I could still find I prefer one of the two that I know will get massive. We shall see. I've finished 7 plants in there before...

dang, I was supposed to be uploading photos... OK, here they is.

Attachments

• Rom 2 many tops from FIM.jpg
    Rom 2 many tops from FIM.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Rom 1 - dark n lovely.jpg
    Rom 1 - dark n lovely.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Numbas 3 and 4 badly FIMmed Zam x KCs - both big babies.jpg
    Numbas 3 and 4 badly FIMmed Zam x KCs - both big babies.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Left is lovely.jpg
    Left is lovely.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 18
  • mmmm.jpg
    mmmm.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Pruple Wreck making a rare appearance now feeling better.jpg
    Pruple Wreck making a rare appearance now feeling better.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Zam x KC 4 profile - will have many tops.jpg
    Zam x KC 4 profile - will have many tops.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 22
  • 1DAA3A67 F556 4D43 A696 8EB002B160CB
    1DAA3A67 F556 4D43 A696 8EB002B160CB
    69.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Zam x KC 1 - wide n low.jpg
    Zam x KC 1 - wide n low.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 22
  • E146C8A0 7EA8 4525 94AE B8CAFA6BB179
    E146C8A0 7EA8 4525 94AE B8CAFA6BB179
    57.1 KB · Views: 33

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very healthy indeed looks like youre onto some nice ones there. Yes run them all :biggrin: The more the merrier sometimes :biggrin::tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Very healthy indeed looks like youre onto some nice ones there. Yes run them all :biggrin: The more the merrier sometimes :tiphat:

Agreed, they're too hard to choose from;o) Today they got H2O and are trucking along, expanding their branching.

Here's today's inspiration, 4 week radishes;o) The Sweet basil is going slowly, but the wispy fennels are starting to look beautiful. :peacock:

Attachments

• Perfectly ready radish.jpg
    Perfectly ready radish.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Sweet basil with fennels.jpg
    Sweet basil with fennels.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 20
Agreed, they're too hard to choose from;o) Today they got H2O and are trucking along, expanding their branching.

Here's today's inspiration, 4 week radishes;o) The Sweet basil is going slowly, but the wispy fennels are starting to look beautiful. :peacock:
Are those french breakfast radishes? Recently ordered a seed pack of those. The site says that they're four weeks to harvest, and the photos look similar.

gorilla ganja

Always a good show with you DWD, but this should be special with all the extra attention due to being in quarantine they will receive.

Subbed

Peace GG

deepwaterdude

Repot imminent - veggies getting booted - new light!

Repot imminent - veggies getting booted - new light!

Are those french breakfast radishes? Recently ordered a seed pack of those. The site says that they're four weeks to harvest, and the photos look similar.

Those are exactly that, my friend. I hardly wipe the dirt off them before I eat 'em. About the easiest thing to grow in the world and I was surprised ow big they got indoors;o)

Always a good show with you DWD, but this should be special with all the extra attention due to being in quarantine they will receive.

Subbed

Peace GG

Hey, GG, thanks brudda - thinking about it, extra attention from me can be dangerous;) Best when left alone! Looking at the plants, I have high hopes for special.

Today's news: babes are doing fine, some amazingly lovely, but need repot to spread their wings and so I can clean up their butts (take clones). Repot means they'll need to go in the tent, due to the space required, which in turn means veggies go out. All good, and, exciting;) Expansion will happen super fast in those new boots.

My replacement NetLight Mega got here yesterday, packed snug as a bug and all beautiful. A 1700$ light delivered to my door in exchange for my old one, no questions asked... Really extraordinary.

Evidence below.

Attachments

• New NL Mega.jpg
    New NL Mega.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Fav Zam x KC 2.jpg
    Fav Zam x KC 2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Zam x KCs 3 and 4, Rom 2 top left, SMH bottom right.jpg
    Zam x KCs 3 and 4, Rom 2 top left, SMH bottom right.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 24
  • ZAm x KCs back, PWreck and Rom 1 bottom.jpg
    ZAm x KCs back, PWreck and Rom 1 bottom.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Repot ready - not sure who goes in the small pot.jpg
    Repot ready - not sure who goes in the small pot.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Just watered, repot tomorrow.jpg
    Just watered, repot tomorrow.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Basils and fennels.jpg
    Basils and fennels.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Super Malawi Haze - perfect.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze - perfect.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Romulan 2 - looks great.jpg
    Romulan 2 - looks great.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Romulan 1.jpg
    Romulan 1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 21

orfeas

Veteran
Hey sport, long time no see! Restless as per usual, intriguing green stuff both edible and smokeable...
Wish you the best outcome with them seedlings!

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

New light, new shoes, new digs

New light, new shoes, new digs

Hey sport, long time no see! Restless as per usual, intriguing green stuff both edible and smokeable...
Wish you the best outcome with them seedlings!

:tiphat:orf

Orf, so good to see you alive and kicking.:biggrin: Yes, very restless these days, and amazingly productive, tho slow getting these girls going.

Popped the cherry on the new light, and repotted the girls 1/2 hour ago. Only wilter was Zam x KC 4, and she will probably be the first casualty of choice;) (Taking her out, make room for my favorites.) She's a carbon copy of Zam KC 3, in less healthy. Only one with ugly roots, was in there too long. She would be fine, but I need and excuse to thin the herd;o)

Pics are taking SUPER long to upload.

Phew, jeez, that was long... beautiful day out, friends, be well! deew

edit: still at 15hrs light until I tie them down and they fill out. 2 weeks at earliest for flo, methinks.

Attachments

• Main work is done.jpg
    Main work is done.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ZAm  KC 1 and PWreck.jpg
    ZAm KC 1 and PWreck.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Romulan 2 and SMH.jpg
    Romulan 2 and SMH.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Romulan 1 and ZAm x KC 4 back - only one with lousy roots.jpg
    Romulan 1 and ZAm x KC 4 back - only one with lousy roots.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 28
  • Lineup.jpg
    Lineup.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Zam x KCs 3 and 2.jpg
    Zam x KCs 3 and 2.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 23

deepwaterdude

Day 4 since repot - good growth

Day 4 since repot - good growth

Man, it feels like my new light puts off more heat than the old one. I'm going to have to flower at night.

I needed to take pics today to get perspective on how things're going and the verdict is - not guilty;) They look pretty good and have really started their expansion. I'm giving them CalMag with their usual Sensi Coco 1 tsp/gal, not screwing aroun'. Say hello to my little frens:peacock:

They'll get tied down and clones cut in three days.

Attachments

• SMHze - also uber symmetrical.jpg
    SMHze - also uber symmetrical.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Romulan 1  - equally cool.jpg
    Romulan 1 - equally cool.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 22
  • Romulan 2 - absolute stunner.jpg
    Romulan 2 - absolute stunner.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Purple Wreck in Ocean forest + coco.jpg
    Purple Wreck in Ocean forest + coco.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 24
  • Day 4 new shoes - moving fast.jpg
    Day 4 new shoes - moving fast.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Zam x KC 1 working out the FIM.jpg
    Zam x KC 1 working out the FIM.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Zam x KC 2 - lovely.jpg
    Zam x KC 2 - lovely.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 22
  • ZAm x KC 2 + 3.jpg
    ZAm x KC 2 + 3.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Zam x KC 4 - Amazon - big baby.jpg
    Zam x KC 4 - Amazon - big baby.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 21

RED 1

Man, it feels like my new light puts off more heat than the old one. I'm going to have to flower at night.

I needed to take pics today to get perspective on how things're going and the verdict is - not guilty;) They look pretty good and have really started their expansion. I'm giving them CalMag with their usual Sensi Coco 1 tsp/gal, not screwing aroun'. Say hello to my little frens:peacock:

They'll get tied down and clones cut in three days.

Would like to share a health and hygiene near fine I nearly got many years back because of my profession
Tile flooring looks nice, and,easier to clean.Was it purpose build for the tent D.?
Non porous, no cracks,"sealed" from absorbing nothing!!
A sligt crack,non visible,if we don't disinfect often enough, it will become eventually a bacteria nesting point
The girls look beautiful my friend
Love it

deepwaterdude

Would like to share a health and hygiene near fine I nearly got many years back because of my profession
Tile flooring looks nice, and,easier to clean.Was it purpose build for the tent D.?
Non porous, no cracks,"sealed" from absorbing nothing!!
A sligt crack,non visible,if we don't disinfect often enough, it will become eventually a bacteria nesting point
The girls look beautiful my friend
Love it

Ah, my incredibly active friend, 'tis an illusion, tiles they are not. A big plastic DTW tray it is;) I feed until runoff, then wet vac the excess soup so they don't sit in it.

That said, point taken, more cleaning needed... sigh:biggrin:

RED 1

Ah, my incredibly active friend, 'tis an illusion, tiles they are not. A big plastic DTW tray it is;) I feed until runoff, then wet vac the excess soup so they don't sit in it.

That said, point taken, more cleaning needed... sigh:biggrin:

No reason for a smoke report then :biggrin:
Stuff works