What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD

Hey Dutch, the beans will provide a little cover and confusion, as will the popcorn that brackets both ends of the field. The main reason, though, is that the beans are a legume that will add a little nitrogen and will provide a food crop. Besides, beans are easy to grow.

I'll post a picture in a week or so when everything is more visible.

Cool, thanks for the info. I understand. The field that we are growing on actually had Alfalfa/Lucerne growing on them previous year. So that also fixed nitrogen in the soil.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Cool, thanks for the info. I understand. The field that we are growing on actually had Alfalfa/Lucerne growing on them previous year. So that also fixed nitrogen in the soil.
Concerning nitrogen, growing the legume the year before is way better than panting it concurrently (has to do with the rhizobia development).
It's even stated on the official Finola HP that Finola planted on a fallow field which had lucerne or clover the year before doesn't require nitrogen fertilisation ;) .

DAY 26

DAY 26

Day 26 - The male plants are showing their flowers... females are not showing their flowers yet. One thing is peculiar to see and that is that the crop doesn't grow uniformly. Some patches are with lower density than others, see photo's. And the plants are between 15 and 30 cm high.

offthehook

Veteran
Cool that you also planted Finola. Can you tell me the philosophy behind alternating black beans and Finola? Sounds interesting.

I'd be eager to fill in this question.

In my experiments with Finola I noticed them to perfrom much better when planted together with broad beans.

I did not notice the beans to fix nitrogine into the soil after they were harvested, but growing them up together at the same time and sharing the same soil with Finola sure seems to benefit the Finola's a lot.

https://www.google.fi/search?q=tuin...fO8OJgNAF&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=707&dpr=1

^ My personal favorites to eat as well.
https://www.google.fi/search?q=tuin...fO8OJgNAF&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=707&dpr=1

I'd be eager to fill in this question.

In my experiments with Finola I noticed them to perfrom much better when planted together with broad beans.

I did not notice the beans to fix nitrogine into the soil after they were harvested, but growing them up together at the same time and sharing the same soil with Finola sure seems to benefit the Finola's a lot.

^ My personal favorites to eat as well.

Thanks for your reply! Yes it makes sense... also to get more of a poly culture going instead of a monoculture. Well, seems like a good thing to try out next year! Thanks for the heads up.

Day 43

Day 43

Day 43 after sowing. Most of the male plants have started to release pollen. Majority of the male flowers are still closed. The females flowers are still undeveloped. No trichomes are visible on female plants. No typical Cannabis scent is present. Honey bees, bumble bees, lady bugs, and other insects are found in abundance, particularly on male flowers. Plants on average are between hip and breast height. The male plant on average are taller than female flowers but support smaller leaves and in lowers numbers. On average 100-150 plants per square meter. Resulting in around 300.000 plants in total. Roughly 50/50 male/female ratio.

DAY 52

DAY 52

DAY 52 - Female flower are really beginning to develop buds. The females are also starting to grow taller than the males. The males are still in the process of opening their flowers and releasing their pollen.

offthehook

Veteran
Sinsimilla Finola females excl, being grown on my yard at lat 65 Finland.

The tallest females here are now standing beyond 2 mtr tall.

To remove the males is indeed a painstaking process that'll take about one month all together, but it was significantly more easy to do on the other side of the plot where the plants have been sown in more thinly.

There is always a risk that some retarded seeds will still pop up, and it has got my up most priority to keep soil surface free from obscuring weeds for inspection.

(In the upper right corner of the first pic, and the third and last pic as well, there's also 'broad bean' to notice. We had a rat infestation this year that killed off many of the beans, but luckily they did not seem to care about the hemp at all. The beans are not much to see on the pictures in here, but on places where rats did not bother digging em up, the hemp seems taking a huge advantage of their presence)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This picture was made on 11-7 and it'll show off the side of the plot that was being sown in more thinly >
picture.php

Sinsimilla Finola females excl, being grown on my yard at lat 65 Finland.

The tallest females here are now standing beyond 2 mtr tall.

To remove the males is indeed a painstaking process that'll take about one month all together, but it was significantly more easy to do on the other side of the plot where the plants have been sown in more thinly.

There is always a risk that some retarded seeds will still pop up, and has it got my up most priority to keep soil surface free from obscuring weeds for inspection.

(In the upper left corner of the first pic and the third, there's also broad bean to notice. We had a rat infestation this year that killed of many of the beans, but they did not seem to care about the hemp at all. The beans are not much to see on the pictures in here, but on places where rats did not bother digging em up, the hemp seems taking a huge advantage of their presence)

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

This picture was made on 11-7 and it'll show off the side of the plot that was being sown in more thinly >
View Image

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! I'd like to see some good sharp close macro shots of the female flowers.

What is the purpose of your growing opp?