What's new

Dutch May FORBID Cannabis Sales to Foreigners!

A

arcticsun

So have they already made the change to the law that forbids tourists from coffeeshops?

Take me away from all this insanity!!!!! :abduct:

we have no choice but to take over an island and name it ICland.....or cannamerica.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

we're doing that already, calling it "yes-we-cannadinavia" :joint:

:D

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I already read in High Times, how the Cup may someday move TO CALI...!! Nice Dream...!! Our pot is better.... Europe more exciting, though.

2 and 3 years ago, we held an informal Cannabis Cup in our rural County in NorCal. WAYYYYY Back in the woods, at a lodge... For Halloween. We outfitted a small cabin with tables, vaporizers, bongs, pipes and lighters.... We had "Display" buds, named and numbered. and jars of Smokable buds... It looked like a Country Coffeeshop....!!!!

40-50 people, all judging... In costume....! It was great. Then the Matriarchal Women Dominators (no where as pretty as the Chilly, Statuesque Dutch Women) decided we were having way too much fun, and vetoed it for the next year... haha... Typical.

j6p

What do you think this will do to Dutch tourism?
I don't think it matters to the Dutch. Foreign tourists spend about 8 billion euros in the Netherlands annually. That would be about 1.5% of the 600 billion euro Dutch GDP? That doesn't seem like enough of a hit to stop the conservatives from excluding non-Dutch visitors from the coffee houses.

Also, foreign tourist spending dropped 20% during first quarter 2009. It's been down for years. Dutch tourists in the Netherlands have been outspending the foreign visitors by a wide margin, like 80% more, for many years. Something else for the conservatives to point to.

No, I don't expect it to make much difference to the Dutch economy. Hope I'm wrong. I'd like to spend some time in Amsterdam next month, but not as an outcast.

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

I already read in High Times, how the Cup may someday move TO CALI...!! Nice Dream...!! Our pot is better.... Europe more exciting, though.

2 and 3 years ago, we held an informal Cannabis Cup in our rural County in NorCal. WAYYYYY Back in the woods, at a lodge... For Halloween. We outfitted a small cabin with tables, vaporizers, bongs, pipes and lighters.... We had "Display" buds, named and numbered. and jars of Smokable buds... It looked like a Country Coffeeshop....!!!!

40-50 people, all judging... In costume....! It was great. Then the Matriarchal Women Dominators (no where as pretty as the Chilly, Statuesque Dutch Women) decided we were having way too much fun, and vetoed it for the next year... haha... Typical.

lol women :D haha great story.

the world needs more then one cup and one legal spot. gogo cali cup!!

and gogo danish cup too :D

DKBuddy

sad for the ppl who have never been in holland, its very exciting and a huge different to just any other country i reckon

Skip

Veteran
There already are a bunch of California Cups. I know LA has one, I thing Oaksterdam might and there's the Emerald Cup at Area 101 near Laytonville (I hope to go to that one).

Screw HT's Cup! That was always just a marketing game with winners preselected based upon $$$$ paid to HT.

Of course the Dutch law might also interfere with Gypsy's 420 Cup next year. But Gypsy just needs to set it up as a private "club" and it can probably be just like before...

I'm sure the big coffeeshops will ensure that "clubbers" will be able to get what they need...

j6p

There already are a bunch of California Cups. I know LA has one, I thing Oaksterdam might and there's the Emerald Cup at Area 101 near Laytonville (I hope to go to that one).

Screw HT's Cup! That was always just a marketing game with winners preselected based upon $$$$ paid to HT.

Of course the Dutch law might also interfere with Gypsy's 420 Cup next year. But Gypsy just needs to set it up as a private "club" and it can probably be just like before...

I'm sure the big coffeeshops will ensure that "clubbers" will be able to get what they need...
Or it could probably be arranged in Málaga! Consider: Costa del Sol, 300 sunny days each year, just think of the possibilities ...

800px-Malaga.JPG

01.jpg

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
1) quote:
We will see the pressure build up on Spain as well (the one country that resists this evolution), since the Moroccan Hash traffic all transits via Spain to supply the rest of the European continent.
unquote.

there is also Italy and France that are the 2nd and 3rd country that supply...yet Italy is prohibitionist and France (I have no clue). and what about PORTUGAL?

2) If Amsterdanians were worried about their identity what should Romans, Parisians and Barcellonians (if so they can be called) do?
MerDonalds everywhere and 7/11 wow so much for their identity yet no one says a thing
3) (sarcastic tone) It's time they closed them! so the organized crime can take full power again and deal to their own price. do you know how hard it is for a hard working dealer to make some cash at the end of the day in Holland? Let's just hope Germans don't start!
4) I've been in Dam and honestly ( i liked it a lot) it was bothersome to be offered cocaine every 5 minutes by some Nigerian junkie every time i went to the Green House coffieshop in the center...but closing the coffeeshops is not the answer. and whether they do or not, they will see what happens.

O

otherwhitemeat

I have friends in Amsterdam. I suppose I could just have them visit the shops in advance or there might be an evolving business in assisting tourists in this regard. That way, I don't have to ram several ounces of the stuff into my used-food-extruder when I travel.

bonghitsu

I doubt it's gonna happen. Dutch are simply too smart for that.

Even if the shi* hits the fan, I'm glad I moved here already. :D

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
There will probably be ways to join the clubs or like they said, buy it somehow through different ways of distribution. I t would hurt the economy for sure..

I have friends in Amsterdam. I suppose I could just have them visit the shops in advance or there might be an evolving business in assisting tourists in this regard. That way, I don't have to ram several ounces of the stuff into my used-food-extruder when I travel.
Woah......Did you just say you cram ounces of bud up yer sfinkter to travel?

Ai papi, there are easier ways you know...

TIMBERLAKE-LARGE_t350.jpg

Is that how the HT Cup entries get there? LMAO!

Hella THC

Hahaha, say goodbye to tourism, Netherlands! :wave: This would be the most stupid move they could do. If I were a betting man, I would bet this gets reversed in less than a year if it ever goes through. **reaches for wallet**

O

otherwhitemeat

There will probably be ways to join the clubs or like they said, buy it somehow through different ways of distribution. I t would hurt the economy for sure..

Woah......Did you just say you cram ounces of bud up yer sfinkter to travel?

Is that how the HT Cup entries get there? LMAO!

haha

I just kept thinking about the Harold and Kumar movie..."You brought weed to Amsterdam?"

How ironic.

K

kallenavndk

Weed is illegal in Dk but all can get hands in weed anyways ...Christania they brake it down but u still can come buy hash and weed and chill....Power to the peeps...Nothing is over before we says it is :D Ignore em Plz they stupid a law wont change anything specialy not a stupid one :D Negros will still stand in red light and say " pzzz coke ,exstacy ? "and shops will still have weed they want to sell and i will buy it legal or illegal ...:D

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Negros will still stand in red light and say " pzzz coke ,exstacy ? "and shops will still have weed they want to sell and i will buy it legal or illegal ...

Dayumm, this thread Crazy!

Latest posts

Latest posts