What's new

Dutch May FORBID Cannabis Sales to Foreigners!

C

Chamba

For the Americans, there is still good quality marijuana & hash available here in the Netherlands, but not in the tourist area.You have to know where to go.

there's good hash and bud everywhere, not just in Holland...the one thing that the Netherlands has now that every other country hasn't got is cannabis freedom, once that is gone, you won't see many readers here visiting that country. Let's face it, without the coffee shops, that country hasn't got a lot going for it compared to other European countries...don't get me wrong, it's a nice place, but compare it to for example France, Spain, Germany or England and it's not in the race.

The trouble with the type of tourism and it's effects that cannabis brings, it only benefits a small number of people in comparison to the vast number of white middle class Dutch voters who are inconvenienced and fed up with the crowds of mostly short term visitors who over indulge, the lack of carparks, noise, the loads of rude punchy drunks, higher prices, lack of civility etc.

What the Dutch needs to do to slow down the millions of French, Germans, Brits etc doing short trips to Holland for the sole purpose of buying some hash and getting stoned and drunk is to levy a substantial tax on all cannabis sales (whether this tax is for all or just visitors is up to them) instead of slowly killing the one unique thing that country has...this will keep away the cheap scum bags that are the main cause of Dutch voters being fed up with it all.

This will do two things, slow down the number of cannabis tourists and eventually force other European countries to adopt laws and taxes similar to Holland due to their cannabis prohibition becoming even more unsustainable as the problems will now be in their own backyard and will have to be dealt with.

Last edited:

fatigues

Veteran
You have more chance that you have the High Times Cannabis Cup in Cali than in Vancouver or Toronto, since the Mr.Harper has the same thoughts about Cannabis as the Dutch prime-minister Balkenellende.

We're hoping that Prime Minister Harper's government will lose this fall's election and will be replaced by a minority Liberal government that can then blame the NDP and Bloc for legalizing marijuana! (Never mind that actual legalization and regulation of sales of marijuana in provincial liquor stores is now part of the Liberal party's platform adopted at May's 2009 policy convention).

Should all that happen, I'd call that a win-win :)

Please note: even if the Liberals do not win this fall's election, Bill C-15 has not passed in the Senate and will not pass in the Senate before the current Parliament is dissolved. That means, like Bill C-26 before it, that the Conservative government's attempt to impose mandatory sentences on small grow ops in Canada will, once again, die on the Order table as soon as Parliament is dissolved. That bit of fascist legislation looks to be DOA, once more.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

As for the HT Cannabis Cup in Cali, I am not aware of any marijuana cafes in California such as exist in the Netherlands or even as they exist in Toronto. You saying that there are such cafes in Berkeley or elsewhere in California now? That would be very good news to hear, actually. It would make me smile :cool:

Not to worry

Not to worry

I go to Holland regularly and there is no way that the dutch are going to allow a system that puts dealers back on the streets in huge numbers. If they ever tried these schemes, there would be a vast underground for sales. When I first went to Amsterdam back in 1980 there were not too many coffeeshops and people got hash mostly from street dealers.

Tourists are going to go to Holland for weed, and someone will supply it. The dutch do not want all that tax money they get now to disappear and have to also add hundreds of new cops to try and get the new street dealers that will pop up instantly if they really tried this crap.

Once in a while we read that they are going to do some drastic thing over there and then it never happens. The Dutch are too smart, and practicle, to want vast numbers of illegal weed deals going down all over the back alleys in Amsterdam.As it is, tourists are offered hard drugs ( mostly fakes ) on the streets and the cops have their hands full with that; imagine if they also had to try and stop thousands of tourists from finding weed...ridiculous waste.

I am not worried at all about this: The weed culture is too ingrained already and cannot be undone. BORDER towns may also make the shops members only but that cannot be done nationwide without creating a vast number of new criminals...dealers that will sell to anyone with the cash.

Much ado about nothing.

Lifebreather

Veteran
They're probably getting back door funds from the U.S. to do this.

Hey, if you had any idea how bad Dutch marijuana producers have a hard-on to kill Oregonians right to grow their own, you wouldn't say that.

They wined and dined our politicians with the hopes that they will make growing for medicine illegal--so that the state of Oregon can buy from the Dutch.

Guys, the dutch were always right wing, hence the attitude that you can kill yourself with drugs and the govt don't care, as right wing liberals they think it's not their role to meddle. Now they have right wing conservatives and they want to meddle, that's the difference, since Pim Fortuyn was killed they've taken a massive conservative and racist swing. They equate dope with african and arab types, when I lived near Holland, most Dutch people wouldn't even admit to ever having tried weed, but they wouldn't forbid others from doing it.

The Dutch were never left wing.....ever.

-edit- I'd also imagine that there is growing pressure on them from Europe to come into line with the UN idea of a drug free world blah blah blah and not be the odd one out in a unified EU post Lisbon treaty.

THC123

Veteran
-edit- I'd also imagine that there is growing pressure on them from Europe to come into line with the UN idea of a drug free world blah blah blah and not be the odd one out in a unified EU post Lisbon treaty.

true and europe does this to please the usa so bottom line is the usa should legalise then the rest of the sheep will follow , what a sad world.

To think that in the 70's it was still legal in india:fsu:

Skip

Veteran
Well if they're following the lead of certain EU countries like Spain and Portugal they will decriminalize all drug use.

A

alpinestar

They want to get rid of the people who travel there for weed, but keep the people who go there to fuck prostitutes?
:crazy:
these are some confused right wing nutcases

A

arcticsun

since indoor growing has become incredibly popular and widespread throughout the last 10 years, domestic markets throughout northern europe has noticed a significant quality increase.

this will only benefit domestic cannabis markets outside of the netherlands. and i thus see this as a good thing on the long term.

as for the amsterdam market, it has been significantly overrun by tourists and i have talked to many amsterdammers who says they think they have lost their city to foreigners. the true dutch amsterdam culture started to fall in the background to commercial pressure. i think this was the case many places in holland. the city was loosing its soul in a way.

i think on the long run this is good for cannabis in europe and i think its what the dutch want. i hardly think their economy is dependant on the cannabis trade. maybe to some extent amsterdam, but us regulars will still come back.

they arent cracking down on the domestic sales, so the domestic market will prevale. i think more dutch growers will turn from cashcropping to breeding.

so.. all in all, im not too worried. im just sorry for those who didnt get to see it in its glory days.

kalverstraat shopping street, amsterdam. during financial crisis times in may 09
picture.php

vondel park, may 09
picture.php

and the little things i love about amsterdam which will make me always come back.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

peace holland, thanks for all the good times :D ill always have a spot in my heart for holland! :wave: plus the dutch chix are soo fkn HOT and you are so goddamn good at football, my team is out of WC 2010, im with holland all the way!!

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!
189197863_ac230e6c71.jpg

E

elmanito

Arctic Sun

Nice pics :respect:

Cannabis culture as what the Dutch have since 30 years will never go away.The Netherlands is still the only country where you can smoke a joint for recreational use openly in the park, the streets or anywhere else.Since 2001 also in Portugal, but we can still cultivate 5 plants for personal use without any medical background.
Sure you can get good quality marijuana or hash elsewhere, but is much harder to find without a coffeeshop for a foreigner.

200809sunsetmosk1.jpg

030709YourMusicJointandstage.jpg

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

guineapig

Veteran
So have they already made the change to the law that forbids tourists from coffeeshops?

Take me away from all this insanity!!!!! :abduct:

we have no choice but to take over an island and name it ICland.....or cannamerica.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Well Skip I'd be done. No need at all to keep visiting A-Dam. I've spent plenty of money there on Hotels, resturants, trams, stores, flea markets you name it. I guess I'll spend my cash somewhere else.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
They're probably getting back door funds from the U.S. to do this.

It's more a question of the European Union streamlining their common policy on drugs,

Small EU countries like Holland can't resist the pressure put on them by evil forces in Brussels,

We've been seeing this evolution now since a decade or so, it's one step at a time towards a reinforced police state, human rights are taken away one chunk at a time, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to people.

We will see the pressure build up on Spain as well (the one country that resists this evolution), since the Moroccan Hash traffic all transits via Spain to supply the rest of the European continent,

Sad, pathetic, outrageous, but don't say we didn't see it coming.

E

elmanito

The evil behind this are the pharmaceutical companies which has the EU in their power.The pharmaceuticals dont wanna have the same situation as in Cali or some other states at the moment where most people start using medical marijuana instead of taking chemicals which poison their bodies.

The supplement industry in Europe has the same problems where the regulations are getting stricter and stricter untill the industry totally collapse.
The big companies decide for you what to drink and eat.

Namaste :smoweed; :canabis: