What's new

Durban Chitral x Blueberry

browntrout

Veteran
Glad to hear buddy!, hopefully they treat you well. expect some variation and keep some prospects around.

Bt

Zealious

Wow awesome.. I am working on something similar.

DSC_0122

by dankdenny, on Flickr

blue berry x pck... very impressed with the results. Getting purple indicas that kept the blueberry smell..

I found the blueberry taste to come out more when using ww x bb mom and retain indica dominance.

Good luck with this work!

PCK color is very true breeding.. I love it.

Last edited:

Zealious

Oh and do you think blueberry color is expressed more in crosses? Im finding 100% progeny to retain purple. not sure if the PCK contributed alone or if some of the bb color might have helped... my blueberry x ww mom did slightly purple...

picture.php

how where your paki males?

The male I selected was very special i think. It was purple and resinous.

browntrout

Veteran
Nice pics Zealous! I used 7 PCK males in my PCK x Durban Initial Hybrid. They turned out rather nice and I could just pick which phenos I liked form the resulting Progeny. Surprisingly there was not a lot of variation in smell/taste and only a little in leaf/structure.

BT

Zealious

Thanks man! Pretty happy with this Hybrid and super stoked to see some one like minded..

Yea I have a theory the blueberry purple color is recessive and comes out in further generations... only enhanced by the truebreeding colors of the paki. im hoping on similar results with the bubba kush ..

I used bubbakush seeds form hso. very happy with them but they do not look like katsu or pre98 despite claims of being s1... hope to find more of the katsu traits in further generations and from the paki side.

Bubba 3 sweet spunky very dense great yield by dankdenny, on Flickr

DSC_0079 by dankdenny, on Flickr

by dankdenny, on Flickr

idk what kind of bubba kush they used for s1... dont get me wrong they are lovely plants...

One day I will find a beautiful katsu for my garden even if I have to make it in seed form.

PCK is so great to work with.. also wanted to use durban posion, c99, bubba kush, BOG bubblegum , and northern lights....

gotta get more pck to work on those lol..

anway its a lovely cross and you wont be! disappointed

Last edited:

Zealious

sorry to keep hijacking this thread man... But couldnt help but notice durban x paki might = cherry pie...

cherry pie is supposedly gdp x durban...

not sure if you have a name for the cross yet.. but I wouldnt see anything wrong with cherry pie relation.

browntrout

Veteran
I am thinking the best name for now would be "Blue Durban-Chitral"

It gives the heritage in the name and seems quite adequate for the strain. I am extremely excited to see the test grows once the testers pop the beans.

This strain really has the potential to be of high standing and should show at the very least great vigor in a compact size, strong high, high resin amounts and exotic terpenes. If the blueberry comes through stronger in the hybrid than the Inbred parent (as it often does), this will be one hell of a plant.

BT

browntrout

Veteran
If all things go as planned I may add the (DC x Afghan) x Purple Kush in the mix, either after some inbreeding of the Blue Durban Chitral or before.

Just a way of experiment in the sense of genetic diversity. One reason I would like to do it before as a way of being able to pop a 100 beans outdoors and find some super stellar specimens that at this point are inconceivable.

BT

Cool Moe

Veteran
Sounds great BT, love the colors that the PCK brings. Also can't wait to see your outdoor show this year!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I'm bout to flip the PDB into flower mang... We shall get some pics soon.... They are the ONLY ones that didnt overgrow, and get all stretchy n sad looking in the party cups.. They are growing like some nice slow healthy turtles.... I'm bout to kill off everything but the PDB, and the clones of Raspberry Cough/Kushy Jones that I got bushed out already approaching 2 month veg..... I kinda filled the light with too many plants for some dumb reason... The Raspberry Cough, and Kush Jones got a little bigger/bushier faster than I anticipated... Everything is overgrown... So I gotta clear it all out, and just let the PDB roll with the 2 big girls....

I'ma transplant, and do the clearing out tomorrow n flipping timer back on... So I should have some glorious pics in about a week,when they get their growht spurt from the transplant.

browntrout

Veteran
Durban x pck was very squat plant, and I can imagine with addition of the BB, she will need quite the root ball to veg out. Can't wait to seem em doc!

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Hi browntrout,
lovely outdoors!!!

I am a Durban Poison lover;
a fabulous strain to make crosses,

impatient to follow your outdoor.

Latest posts

Latest posts