What's new

Ducksfoot, White Russian, Guava #1 & some of HOTC's lovin'!

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
nice bud you can set it on the back of your monitor to get it dry in a few day's or you can shove that shit in the microwave i did that on a few nugget's last year.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
stoned_bush_bong.jpg

G

quick dry? some people put it ontop of the monitor for a day, some microwave it..

you could put it in aluminum foil and put it in the oven for a bit.

no need for specific instructions really

use a high temp and watch it untill its dry

G

so your ducksfoot male will make babies that are 50% like webbed leaves and 50% that are like mom @ (various moms )???

do u know how it will work?

or will it be all mixed up and stuff

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
NeptHaze said:
quick dry? some people put it ontop of the monitor for a day, some microwave it..

you could put it in aluminum foil and put it in the oven for a bit.

no need for specific instructions really

use a high temp and watch it untill its dry

ja.. i've got the whole foil/oven thing going. :D

NeptHaze said:
so your ducksfoot male will make babies that are 50% like webbed leaves and 50% that are like mom @ (various moms )???

do u know how it will work?

or will it be all mixed up and stuff

the White Russian and Guava #1 offspring will all be 'poly-hydbrids'.

the spread is as follows:

DF (dom)
DFxG1 (DF dom)
G1xDF (G1 dom)
G1 (dom)
DFxWR (DF dom)
WRxDF (WR dom)
WR (dom)

the phenotypical variables would be wide spread, depending on the parents used in Ducksfoot and White Russian (AK 47 & White Widow) / Guava #1 ((W1347) x (W1347 x LPS)).

the recessive genes in DF and WR/G1 would become active later down the line.

you would then need to select the best DFxWR/G1 and the best WR/G1xDF, inbreed these for several generations to create an inbred-line (IBL).

when growing the beans, i would select the plants with as much WR/G1 in them. the 50/50 crosses should be interesting to play with. looking forward to smoking some of the Ducksfoot female.. apparently quite a strong strain. the OG Strain Gude reports were were good :D so you never know, the potency of the 50/50's may be very good! :D

Last edited:
Nice one there HOTC

I'm still trying to get my head around the finer arts of breeding. I've got a little bit of info on it from the Cannabis Grow Bible (Greg Green). If you have not read it it is one of those bits of writing that you have to go through over and over (when you're not stoned).

Trying to get a grip on Gene's, Alleles', Genotype's, cubing, squaring, back-crossing, is gonna take some time!...

G

i read an aricle on it last night, breeding, i think i got a pretty good grasp on it.

I guess WRxDucksfoot seems like it might be a good combo!

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
sm0kateer4204 said:
ducksfoot is supposed to awesome, ive never grown it. but it's built for outdoor weather.

yeah.. pity, my one has a bit of a low low calyx-to-leaf ratio it seems.

PureSativa420 said:
very nice grow HOTC jus stopping back by to take a quick look and wish you well :)

thanks PS.. it's been a while. hope you're well! :joint:

Blunt Africa said:
Trying to get a grip on Gene's, Alleles', Genotype's, cubing, squaring, back-crossing, is gonna take some time!...

time and practice :D

NeptHaze said:
I guess WRxDucksfoot seems like it might be a good combo!

indeed.. so will the Guava #1 x Ducksfoot! very impressed with both plants :D

4 days... :yummy:

Captain Skunk

highonthechroni said:
.... looking forward to smoking some of the Ducksfoot female.. apparently quite a strong strain. the OG Strain Gude reports were were good :D so you never know...

I've grown Ducksfoot for the past several seasons. It's a great high despite the late finishing and the tendency to mildew because of the tight buds.

Although Wally finishes this strain down under in 8 weeks, here in the midwest they don't start to fatten up until 75 days. That could be the reason the mildew becomes a problem for me.

I found the webbed pheno to be prominent if F2's are used when crossing it with other strains, but, it's still always a couple weeks behing my other gals.

enjoy

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
ahoy CS.. thanks for that, mate. so true, looks like they're gonna take flipping long to finish up. way behind schedule. will even take longer than my Swazi! yeah, might up getting a bit of mould, depending on the severity of our winter. got a tiny bit last time, as soon as i saw it i chopped (tad premature).. :(