What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ducksfoot and mutant genetics

clearheaded

funny how hashman all of a sudden says exactly what i told him about IF kaly did it they would be sterile and not breeding with it and is attempting to read up lol. and all of a sudden what i told him about trichomes as called me out saying I didnt know biology is what he is saying..

also hops has more then 1 pistil the white part in the chart is the leaves that arent colored in not a white pistil. in the hops flower like cannabis there are many seeds or potential seeds and at each of those spots of the agregate fruit pistils will come out. ie many pistils per "bud" on hops and weed.

romanoweed

Kalyseeds Legitimo:

picture.php

clearheaded

Stop trolling bro, go take some courses in biology, making yourself look ignorant

;) nice try. point out what is wrong, prove it, or just accept you have no idea what on earth u are talking about as i have displayed. or just repeat the things i taught u..:tiphat:

also romano u have posted a hops plant. what are u trying to say with the pic? or what makes u think its cannabis?

romanoweed

I dont know how you come to the idea that i think its cannabis.
I simply look at pics, show them, no message comes with it

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thats great, yes Scientists have confirmed lately that there is actually Genetransfer in Grafts, they said in some Strains happens even regulary.
This was said by very respected Scientists.
They said this could be a new way of Breeding..

Given that, you may have suxxess.

My personal hope is, that:

1: We could make Grafts of the most longflowering tropical Cannabis Varieties with Hops, and hopefully introduce mainly the Flowertrigger from the Graft, without altering any of the Effect. A great Dream to grow trippy Weed here in the North.

2: We could cross Hops with tropical Cannabis, if it now works..
The result may be superior to an Indica-tropical Cross, if the Hops wouldnt bring any CBD and other Sedating Substances to the Table. But simply the Floweringtrigger.. There are automatic-flowering Hops, alltho i read those are often genetically further away from Cannabis. Also here, a hope for trippweedgrowing in North.
ahh your a dreamer roman,
how the heck could a hops x cannabis be stronger than cannabis x cannabis ,

hops has no thc in the first place even if you could successfully cross it with cannabis ...

with the new led lighting you can grow tropical strains indoors better than ever before ..

romanoweed

Cause Genes of trippy tropical Cannabis wouldnt be dominated 50 percent like it happens in any Male Female Mating by weak CBD Gnetics,
but rather widened, more genes added wich: 1: Dont interfear with trippyness 2: Dont create that Hybrid-confusing Feel (smokeeffect) as i call it...
Cause 3: Hypothetically it doesent act like a human far interduction, but like a natural event incase 4: you use say a japan Hops x Thai Landrace (close natural location).
Hence creating something more natural than an Afghani x Thai, but still getting some possibly benefitial Survivaltactics from the Hops (fast floweringtrigger)

dream away

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As mentioned in the other thread - The technical term; Speciation is the evolutionary process by which populations evolve to become distinct species. The biologist Orator F. Cook coined the term in 1906 for cladogenesis, the splitting of lineages, as opposed to anagenesis, phyletic evolution within lineages. [/FONT]

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
THC was developed because of UV-B rays from the sun, the resins secreted from the flowers protect the plant from drying out, thus why middle eastern land-races are higher in THC... its funny I'm over here cultivating j.hops, legitimately have done horizontal gene transfers before. Yet you dismiss these things are even possible.
is that last bit directed at me??

yes i think its impossible to have thc on a cross of cannabis and hops ,

it was tried many years ago via grafting , it was not a success ,
i am sure you will come to the same conclusion eventually ,
till then , knock yourself out man , enjoy the experiment ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
this is assuming kaly seeds stock is actually a hybrid of cannabis and hops ,

which i have very high doubts about ,
from what i see he is just using cannabis mutations and declaring they are something more than that ,
i have a fair bit of experience with mutations in cannabis ...

G

Coming from someone who has done a decent bit of reading on this topic previously, and has experience growing mutant inbred lines and multiple hops varieties I don't believe the two species can be hybridised. Nothing is impossible although biologically I don't see it happening. I'd be really happy if I was proven wrong and would only encourage others to have a go if they think otherwise. Cheers

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I have tried pollinating hemp (supposedly closer to j. hops genetically) but the seeds never developed. I was later told they don't have matching chromosome numbers.

Humulus lupulus, even though less closely related might be a more suitable candidate if the chromosome numbers are a match. (I need to read up, it's been a while) I breed other plants besides cannabis and in theory I know how to cross them.

What comes to grafting, it has been shown that some genes could migrate to the other species, but this is limited to cells very close to the grafting point. there's some literature out there. So in theory one could take a cell culture very close to the grafting point and get a transgenic plant. But to get the genes that code for THC into hops that way is a long shot.

To be fair it would require chromosome mutations to achieve inter-genetic hybridization, unlike H.Lupulus, J.hops chromosome count depends on pheno? i could be wrong but from what I've researched (Japanese hops) is a dioecious species of the family Cannabaceae. The chromosome number is 2n = 16 = 14 + XX for females and 2n = 17 = 14 + XY1Y2 for male.

I believe there could be more than one way to achieve hybridization and each method could lead to different morphological and phyto-chemical changes.

I just find it odd that we see so many mutations in cannabis and no one can relate them to anything but the cannabis genome itself...

Also I might add I love that people are adding their opinions on this topic because i've been questioning it for quite sometime and have never found any legitimate info to prove the theory wrong, but as i said its a theory, i love experimenting, if i did pull anything off I would most defiantly share that knowledge

romanoweed

Some Kalyseeds Strains Photos i found the stranger looking ones (but i tried to take fair shots of floweringphase, aswell as exclude the Albino ones, cause it frames the Look to much, but those were actually the strangest ones)

Impa Ruderalis:

picture.php

Pintura Ruderalis:

picture.php

picture.php

Swag:
picture.php

picture.php

Acording to Se_dfi_nder those Strains all contain a certain Amount of Hops.

romanoweed

yes i am with you hashman.
The mutations of Cannabis have similar features.

1: Unserrated Leaves
2: ABC is said to grow like Wines (true?)

romanoweed

And a pic of ABC x Friesieanduck:

picture.php

When you were talking about similarities in Look. Something struck my mind:(entering dreamtheretory):
Its that a Vietnamese Dalat Strain i know has a VERY SUBTILE similar Feature to a Hops Budstructure. I would call it wavy look. See, how the buds are not very Streamlined, rather like shaked? Like one shaked them before photoshoot.

picture.php

picture.php

Those Dalats are not heavily mutated, yes i know im talking about details, but thinking abit, it could be that those Dalats became like that CAUSE: Dalat is a Mountain in tropical Area, so, probably those are slight coldness mutations appearing after a Strain was taken from hot lowland to colder Highland? Therefore a mutation in direction of Coldnesslovig hops species

Dream away

Latest posts

Latest posts