What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual 150w Stealth Cab Build + First Grow (Pics)

Thanks for the comments guys, long overdue update.

Life has been very very very hectic with medical issues, vacation, and travel. I left my babies with a caretaker for a WEEK! Scary, but it had to be done.

I came back to a little unexpected surprise: NANNERS! On the unhealthy plant, Ice Queen. I decided to finally bite the bullet and do what I should have done a week prior, ditch the hermie bitch. I didn't even bother chopping it, even though it had a pretty impressive central bud. It just looked and smelled awful, and not in a good way, lol.

When I took her out of the pot, I saw that her roots looked awful, very dead and brown. So I am not surprised that she turned.

I am, however, scared that she managed to impregnate one of the other girls. I didn't notice the nanners until I had her out of the cab, and she was the third to be removed, and I have no idea how long they had been there, other than that it was less than a week.

I implemented emergency procedure, covered her with plastic bags and removed her from the room, and tried to wash and sanitize as best as I could.

/crosses fingers

For all I know, there's pollen all over the tent. Time will tell.

Other than that, the other plants look FANTASTIC, and there was pretty impressive growth in my absence. Another round of crappy pics coming up.

Burn One Einstein - Day 55

B1E is looking good, and seems to be maturing nicely. Put on some weight while I was gone, but not a drastic amount.

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

Kiwi Noir - Day 50

Kiwi has REALLY matured, and I think is approaching harvest. From what I can tell, the trichs are still mostly clear, so I have a little while, I think.

This has, however, presented an urgent need for a better trich-monitoring solution. My camera won't cut it. I borrowed a friends camera, but that didn't cut it either.

Looking for decent, cheap, super-macro capable point-n-shoot digital cameras.

Have my hands on one of those toy Eyeclops things, going to give that a whirl tonight. I think my biggest problem will be proper lighting, actually.

To think, I almost tossed this girl at one point because of her stretch. Whew!

Anyways, lots of pics of her.

219.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

Mango x Bubblegum - Day 55

Buds have gained about another inch, now the apical tip and a few other buds reach from my elbow to my hand. =)

She does, however, appear quite some ways from mature. Wonder how many weeks she will go, and I hope she will be worth it.

228.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

232.jpg

233.jpg

That's it for pics.

Not going to start the next round quite yet, need to get some ducks in a row, and find out my travel situation for the next couple of months. I may have to delay :(

Some things that I need:

good macro camera
2 foot x 2 foot hydroponic tray
bubblebags (found a local distributor, yay!)
prepare for harvest / drying !! :woohoo:

I think I've forgotten some stuff I was going to mention, so probably another update at some point.

Oh, that last shot are the little nugs waaay below the canopy that somehow grew out of cut places. Must have missed a smidgeon of vegetative matter at those cut points.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Nice looks great bork...Now lets see the finally product:D

Soon, soon! =)

Tonight, prepped the veg cab (since it won't get used for a while anyways) to be the drying room. Took the T5 down and strung up some string. Bought some old school wooden clothes pins. Locked, cocked, and ready to rock.

Tomorrow, I have a brief visit from someone which will require 150% stealth, so I'm killing the fan for the short while they are here, and cracking open the ONA. In the evening, I'm going to take another close look at the trichs on Kiwi, because I think she is ready to harvest. If so, I will be doing that tomorrow night. Woohoo!

The method that I have found to work best for me so far:

Radio shack 60x-100x scope
Cut a small piece of leaf from bud, grab with tweezers, place on white paper.
Place scope over leaf

Seems to work, but it's hard not to smarsh all the trichs :( Especially if you're a clutz :(

Took a few pics just before and after "sunrise"

Kiwi is in the back. Front right is Mango x Bubblegum.

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

Thanks guys!

Just another quasi-weekly update.

KIWI NOIR - DAY 61

So, upon further examination, even though she looks ripe as heeeeeellllll, Kiwi Noir is not -quite- ready for harvest just yet. I was going by the trichs on little bud leaves, until I read that they turn much quicker, so then I started checking calyxes instead, and we were only 50/50 clear/cloudy, with very few ambers, and that's still pretty much where we're at, lol.

She'll have completed nine weeks on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to harvest around then, but I will stand by the trich method.

I did pluck ONE top bud on Wednesday to dry, and put it into a jar tonight. I had a little taste last night, and it can definitely stand to cure for a bit, but it was surprisingly smooth, with an interesting lavender taste.

I did a much better job of cleaning out the bottom growth on her than the others, when I switched to 12/12, and I think it shows in her buds. Big, and compact. Fewer of them, but bigger.

Pics:

239.jpg

240.jpg

241.jpg

242.jpg

MANGO x BUBBLEGUM - DAY 66

Leggy leggy leggy. Lots of white hairs still, so at least a few weeks left to go. Unfortunately, feels airy, fluffy. Going to get LOTS of hash material from her, and about 6 or so MONSTER colas, with lots of smaller ones. Unfortunately, not much visible trichs.

Don't know how much damage the neem disaster caused long term + being in a smaller pot for so long. But she will pull through, and she will get smoked. I just hope she doesn't go 13+ weeks. Lots of foxtails, they're cute.

Pics

243.jpg

244.jpg

245.jpg

BURN ONE EINSTEIN - DAY 66

Last of the bunch, again, smaller top buds than Kiwi, but lots more of them. Lots of small stuff too, and again, hash material. More visible trichs, and further along.

Looks like it will be a well staggered harvest, spanning a month+.

Pics

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

Hopefully, harvest starts later this week, for real. Maybe early next week. In the process of making a small trimming table, with screen, and going to pick up bubble bags pronto.

Peace

Damn....been busy as hell this last month. Just ridiculous.

Had to go out of town for another week. Not happy about that. Decided to chop the top of Kiwi before I left. Thought there weren't many amber trichs, I was worried about leaving her for another week, and besides that, she looked really mature!

249.jpg

250.jpg

I left the bottom little bit of her (which is still 1 ft out of the top of the pot) to mature for another week while I went out of town.

I tried to do a really neat manicure job, how do you think it turned out?

251.jpg

252.jpg

Bowl is loaded with the last of my Sour D + scissorhash!

For the record, scissorhash is the bee's motherfucking knees.

253.jpg

Hung it up in what is supposed to be the veg cab, but is currently serving as the drying rack. The back row are a few branches of the Mango x Bubblegum that I thinned out. Just letting those dry before freezing (bubblehash material).

254.jpg

After I returned, the buds seemed dry enough (they shrink so much :( ). I moved them to paper bags for a few days, and it seems to be doing the job of bringing the moisture back out. I think they will stay in there for a few more days before going into jars.

The early trimmed bud that I dried out and cured now smells dank (curing really does make a big difference in smell and taste, guys), and tastes fantastic!

I also went ahead and watered B1E and MxB thoroughly (I didn't have a proper babysitter this trip, so they were quite dry when I got back), and finished the chop of Kiwi.

First shot, the last buds untrimmed.

255.jpg

After the initial, rough trim.

256.jpg

Manicure complete! Also in view, kief box, trim, and small lump of scissorhash.

257.jpg

MxB looks like she will be the next to come down, but also looks like she has a while to go. B1E seems like she will last even longer than that.

And today is starting week #12 of 12/12. I could easily see B1E going 15+ weeks. Gulp.

Next proper update will probably be when I have the full dry weight of Kiwi, then one each for the harvest and dry weight of the remaining two plants, or if anything else exciting happens.

Won't start the next grow until this one is done. Next grow will be mono-crop of GHS Great White Shark (unless one doesn't germ, in which case I will substitute). Next grow will also incorporate the Blumat auto-watering system.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Fantastic work Bork. Your manicure looks pro dude. Agreed about curing - I would never even know about curing if it wasn't for IC. Now I'm a true connoisseur. :respect: Keep up the inspiring work.

Thanks Scrub and Cheese!

Decided that they were plenty dry, so into the jars they went. Dry weight of the FIRST chop (still have, I would guesstimate, another 6-10 grams drying) was: 34 grams Once it's all weighed, I think it will be VERY close to my estimate of a few weeks ago of 1 1/2 oz.

Jar pics!

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

Things done changed!

So, I guess I haven't been keeping a close enough eye on my babies....

Saturday I decided to chop the top cola's on B1E (Day 66 of 12/12), because they were done ready, and to give more light to the bottom sites for a week or so. Trimming this plant was a MAJOR challenge compared to Kiwi. The calyx to leaf ratio was COMPLETELY out of whack. Just tons and tons and tons of tiny little leaves everywhere. After the first big bud, I realized I -had- to do a much rougher job on this plant, or the trimjob would take days and days. So it became more of a rough "haircut" than a fine trim.

I very soon realized that I had a major problem...there were shrivelled naners on many of the buds, and I found immature seeds all over :(

In an effort to prevent any further damage, I took down the entire plant that night and separated it from the remaining plant, the Mango x Bubblegum.

The trim job took a looong tiime. I ended up calling in my "babysitter" the next day to help me finish up. The seeds all appear to be very immature (I wouldn't want them anyways, it's all high-end genetics from here on out). I didn't do a very good job at ALL of cleaning the plant up before putting into flower like I did with Kiwi, and I now fully understand the reason for "lollypopping". The buds were MUCH smaller, though more numerous. On the upside, I got a lot of bubble material out of this plant (still need to go get my bags though, maybe this weekend).

Here's pictures of the harvest process:

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

I took another close look at MxB last night, and holy shit, amber trichs sneaked up on me! I'll be chopping some buds off her tonight, starting shortly. This will be Day 69 of 12/12.

Final dry weight of Kiwi Noir was: 42 grams

I'm guessing that the dry weight of B1E will be roughly the same, maybe a little less (tossed a lot in the bubble pile), which sucks, because this one vegged longer, but she had plenty of setbacks in life, not least of which was that Neem bath.

I'll post dry weight in a few days or so, and I'll put up the MxB harvest pics at that time.

Take it sleazy

C

cork144

lol how did i miss this one??

youve done such a good job man, getting me pumped for my next grow under which will be on a 250 :)

shame about the late nanners, but still, everything should be good there, youve grown yourself quite a stash.

i assume the MxB is seeded also? i guess the seeds will be neerly ready by harvest too, pop afew and see what comes up, i know alot of people dont like herm seeds, but if a herm pollenates a true female, some of those seeds can still grow as true females, and the cross of the 2 (very sativa and more indinca) should create a nice hybridd cross, which could grow you a good motherplant or too ;)

take care, keep safe.

lol how did i miss this one??

youve done such a good job man, getting me pumped for my next grow under which will be on a 250

shame about the late nanners, but still, everything should be good there, youve grown yourself quite a stash.

i assume the MxB is seeded also? i guess the seeds will be neerly ready by harvest too, pop afew and see what comes up, i know alot of people dont like herm seeds, but if a herm pollenates a true female, some of those seeds can still grow as true females, and the cross of the 2 (very sativa and more indinca) should create a nice hybridd cross, which could grow you a good motherplant or too

take care, keep safe.

It's easy to miss, the title of the thread sucks. =) I suppose I should ask a mod to change it.

Thanks cork, gllad to help get you excited, have fun with your next grow! I know I'm looking forward to my follow-up. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES hahaha, cause I've made plenty. Keep a close eye on unproven strains in late flower!

There may be a few seeds on the Mangobubble, but it didn't seem to be too bad. I won't -really- know how bad the seed problem is on either plant until it's dry, then I'll take a few nugs apart. I doubt I'll keep the seeds regardless, unless both turn out to be fantastic smokes. I consider both parents damaged goods. I want to breed at some point, but from here on out it's going to be designer genetics. :)

The buds on the Mangobubble are really....odd. I think I have seen similar pictures before, but I forget how they were described. Also, there was weird leaf-death and strange growth on the top of most of the big colas. My guess is that it was light stress. I think I remember reading of weird things happening if sativas get too close to the light. Ah well.

Check it out. Pre-chop

270.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

Trimmed up

273.jpg

274.jpg

275.jpg

This is a good example of what I mean by "funkybud"

276.jpg

277.jpg

My drying cab, Burn One Einstein on the left, Mango x Bubblegum on the rizight

278.jpg

279.jpg

That took about 2, 2 1/2 hours. Trimming is NOT my favorite thing to do, and is much better done with a partner, trust me. Having a high calyx to leaf ration makes things a zillion times easier.

B1E is juuuust about ready for paper bags. One more day seems about right, maybe two. Ready to crash, other than the harvest, today was the worst day I've had in quite a while.

Peace

Little treat I made for myself the other night. The chunk on the left is from my grinder with kief screen, on the right (darker) is from my dry-sieve box. During trimming I tried to balance over the box as best as I could, and after the trim was dried, I gave it a light drop over it again before freezing it for the bubble bags. I'm sure that will affect the final yield of bubble, but this stuff looks pretty sick clean.

280.jpg

I took the teeeniest tiniest little chunk of the greener (dirtier) piece and smoked it the other night. I was surprised to find that it bubbled (!) and fucking wreeeeecked me. Very narcotic, been a long time since I got that stoned.

Going over to some friends tonight, bringing both to see if I can bring the proceedings to a standstill ^^

Everything from the drying rack is now in paper bags for a few days. MxB was drying waaay too quick (makes sense, the buds are much less dense and lighter) so they are in the bags after just 3 days or so, to slow down the dry.

B1E should be jarred up tomorrow most likely, and MxB a day or two after that. Final chop of MxB will happen sometime M-W.

Take it sleazy