What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual 150w Stealth Cab Build + First Grow (Pics)

Update time!

The veg quasi-stealth cab is officially out of commission. I killed off MxB#2 after determining that yes, the bastard was a boy. I'm quite reliveved, actually, and glad to turn off that cab.

Going to move forward with the plan on getting another tent, but I really should do it ASAP, to get new seeds started, since it'll take 2 months or so.

I think the next grow will be my 3 femmed Great White Sharks.

Started blood meal treatment for N deficiency, as recommended by Burn One, as of yesterday, and will continue for two weeks. This is for MxB and Ice Queen at the moment.

PICS!

Burn One Einstein (Day 13)
156.jpg

157.jpg

Mango x Bubblegum (Day 13)
158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

Ice Queen
(Day 8)
162.jpg

163.jpg

Kiwi Noir (Day 8)
164.jpg

165.jpg

I don't know what the heck is going on with Kiwi. She just seems to be lagging behind.

Not a lot of evidence here, but the two plants that I started with 36 hrs darkness sure as shit developed flowers a lot quicker than the two that I put straight into 12/12.

Will do more experimentation in the future.

Oh, and the buds on the a-team are so much prettier than the pictures show...damnit i need a better camera. :(

dammm they all look super great.

Thanks, cheese!

$3600 just to think for far far less then that.. i could have built a 5 lbs per month growOp.

You know...you are probably right.

Hahaha, no no, the man actually has a point. I could have gotten a lot more bang for the buck, but meh....fuggit, I'm here!

This size of a grow, I think, is kind of a weird one...it's not really micro, but it's not full size....mini, or macro.

It's been a challenge anyways. And the fat lady ain't singing yet.

Raphael

Thanks, cheese!

You know...you are probably right.

Hahaha, no no, the man actually has a point. I could have gotten a lot more bang for the buck, but meh....fuggit, I'm here!

This size of a grow, I think, is kind of a weird one...it's not really micro, but it's not full size....mini, or macro.

It's been a challenge anyways. And the fat lady ain't singing yet.

Whether you could've gotten more for your money is irrelevant; you are doing a personal grow, and if you can afford it the experience of learning the basics such as ventilation and lighting the hard way are well worth it in my opinion.

They look great, keep it up! When does a grow count as a micro anyways? Is it the light wattage or the size of the plants, combination? A 95 plant grow under 400w is micro while 6 plants under 1000w is not micro?

Must refer to size of plants when put into flower:joint:

WARNING! Picture intense. =)

WARNING! Picture intense. =)

Thanks Raphael, I think you are right, it will be well worth it in the end.

Must refer to size of plants when put into flower:joint:

Then I'm living large and in charge. ^^

UPDATE TIME!

Nothing much new to report. The plants are coming along great, but there's something going on, yellowing, curling, other issues. I am awaiting an answer from the organic boys. Not sweating it too much, it's certainly not slowing the plants down.

Let's start from the bottom and work our way up.

ICE QUEEN - DAY 16

She's the littlest one of all, and has very pale leaves right now. She is in a very small pot, and I did do some aggressive root pruning because she was rootbound and had to stay in that pot and because I didn't mind experimenting on my smallest plant. But she's a buddin'!

177.jpg

178.jpg

179.jpg

KIWI NOIR - DAY 16

QUIT STRETCHING, YOU BIIIIIIITCH! UGH!

She's forcing me to elevate all my other plants. I am SERIOUSLY debating ditching this girl, and I can't believe I'm considering that, but I am.

It would make the tent MUCH roomier for one, and I could lower the light and plants back down.

But she's staying....for the moment. I did do a final aggressive trim of the lower extremities, which helped a little.

Don't know how I let her get away from me, thought she was done stretching and let her loose and...well..

She's progressing slowly too, and doesn't look like a big yielder right now.

Thoughts?

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

Now, moving up to the big gals....Mmmmmmmmm....

BURN ONE EINSTEIN (B1E) - DAY 21

Coming along nicely, but leaves are pale, and there's something funky going on, but she's packed on weight. So pretty.

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

MANGO x BUBBLEGUM - DAY 21

This girl is progressing much faster than I thought she would, and is my star player right now!

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

Now, some group shots.

B1E + MxB

Nommers!

181.jpg

TENT SHOTS

182.jpg

183.jpg

And that's all I've got.

WESTCRAZY1

nice grow. by the way do u have any pictures of the tent from a few feet away? im planning on getting a dr60 also and i wanna see how big it is.

felix2

not bad, you'll be able to justify all the money spent in the future.

i had a question about the variac you got. i posted in your other thread, but figured i'd ask here too. i'm just curious how much it was, maybe where you got it....and pretty much how it worked out. i have the speedster but it makes my fan hum a little.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
things looking awesome bork...keep up the great work

nice grow. by the way do u have any pictures of the tent from a few feet away? im planning on getting a dr60 also and i wanna see how big it is.

I tried taking some better exterior pics, but they just won't turn out very well at all. Basically, my room and closet are really strangely proportioned and poorly lit.

Best thing to do it measure your space. The tent will COMPLETELY occupy 2 feet by 2 feet, and is 4 feet tall. What I mean by "completely occupy": You have to take into account that the interior of the tent will be slightly SMALLER than that, since that is the exterior dimensions, and inside is the frame, which takes up some space. Also, take into account negative pressure. All the sides do get sucked in, further eliminating interior space.

I feel that running 4 plants in here is one too many. Running three would give some much needed maneuvering room.

not bad, you'll be able to justify all the money spent in the future.

i had a question about the variac you got. i posted in your other thread, but figured i'd ask here too. i'm just curious how much it was, maybe where you got it....and pretty much how it worked out. i have the speedster but it makes my fan hum a little.

Do a google shopping search for "variac", i bought the cheapest one. It's solid, and the fan does get quieter, not louder, when turned down, no noticeable humming. It helped a lot, but not enough that I can run the fan without bungies.

All metal design, feels a lot more industrial than the speedster. Nice dial, and voltage display on front.

2 thumbs up, basically.

ROCK ON DUDE!

Lol, seriously though...looking good, I bet those nugs are going to get faaaaaat.

=) Thanks! And they're starting to plump up. Fatten up, mamas!

Grow, Spicoli, Cheese, Jonkanoo, thanks a bunch!

Alright, UPDATE TIME!

-----

Things have been cruising along fairly well. As you may recall, when we last left off IQ, MxB, and B1E were in various stages of "not doing so hot" and that has turned around for 2/3 and 3 seems to be a little better with better cure on the way. More on that with each individual update.

Cleaned up the room a little today, and started tearing all the panda film and insulation out of the old cabinet, WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS! I think I had used in the neighborhood of 700-800 staples, if I recall correctly, lol! Not quite done yet, but so far I haven't had any nasty staple incidents. Need the cabinet for temporary clothes storage.

Have NOT installed the new veg cabinet yet, but I hope to make progress, and maybe even finish that in the early part of next week. Getting antsy to get the next batch of beans in the dirt, I'm already behind schedule.

I have reason to believe my hydro shop has been compromised. Fortunately...I think, at this point, I can do without a hydro shop for a while, and think I will begin an earnest search for a safe address so I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Anyways, on to the picture show.

ICE QUEEN - DAY 24

She's the one that is still not doing so hot. Didn't get a very good answer in the organic thread, but I'm going with Jorge's diagnosis in his book (and I don't care if you don't like Jorge, so neener neener) and saying that this is sulfur deficiency. Plan to treat with mushroom compost.

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

MANGO x BUBBLEGUM - DAY 29

She has bounced back from her N deficiency nicely, and is now off therapy! Leaves are a much nicer shade of green, and she's frosting up a bit. Nugs aren't plumping up much, but again, she looks like she has a bit of sativa.

187.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

BURN ONE EINSTEIN - DAY 29

Another patient who is looking much better. Color has returned, icing up, and PLUMPING! I'm now thinking B1E is where it's at for my yield.

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

KIWI NOIR - DAY 24

Ok, even though she's a leggy bitch, causing me all kinds of headache, and takes up way more room than her yield will justify, I'm glad I didn't get rid of Kiwi. She's the healthiest of all four, never had any issues with deficiency's, nice fat and dark green leaves, and is icing up nicely. I sense that though her yield may be the lightest of all four even, she will pack a couchlock punch. Just a feeling.

197.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

200.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me! It's starting to get interesting now!

=)

C

Cozy Amnesia

Look great man! You're doing really good for your first grow, you have the green thumb no doubt about it.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Looking good Bork, but WOW I can't beleive you spent 3G's getting everything setup. If it came down to me spending that kind of coin, I would have just bought a lb and been done with it! lol But like everyone already said its not about the money, its about the experience and the satifaction you get from smoking something that was grown with *your* two hands. That right there is a priceless feeling and worth every penny

Looking good Bork, but WOW I can't beleive you spent 3G's getting everything setup. If it came down to me spending that kind of coin, I would have just bought a lb and been done with it! lol But like everyone already said its not about the money, its about the experience and the satifaction you get from smoking something that was grown with *your* two hands. That right there is a priceless feeling and worth every penny

That's the price of inefficiency!

But keep in mind, again, this includes everything, down to the dirt and seeds.

For actual "grow-room" related items only, that isn't a "grow supply", I'd put the cost at $1500 or so.

I guess I'll get bored and break the spreadsheet down further one night, if only to make myself feel better ^^

I -might- start the construction on the new veg cab tonight. I've already moved it into the closet and it seems to be a good fit.

Awwww, they grow up so fast!

Awwww, they grow up so fast!

Another crazy busy week has passed.

Not much has changed. Finally picked up some treatment for Ice Queen, hopefully it will work, and it won't be too late. I'm not expecting much from her at all. I will give it a few weeks and see how she's doing.

The rest of the plants look fantastic though! Kiwi Noir seems to be really maturing, and has frosted up nicely. Burn One keeps bulking up, and Mango Bubblegum is lanky and loooong colas.

Can't wait!

The veg cab is about 80% completed. It's not ideal, but it will do for now. I didn't consider what would happen when I staple through plastic, so right now it is very dangerous ^^ But some tape will take care of that. It is connected to the flower cab right now, but I have yet to run a temperature test and compare with and without an inline fan in the connection.

All in due time.

I have decided not to drop the next set of seeds until late July, due to scheduling difficulties.

This means a long time between harvests, which will need to be figured out so that I ration myself properly. I would -hate- to have to buy a sack somewhere between harvests, lol.

Picture time:

ICE QUEEN - DAY 30 - The Sick Plant :(

201.jpg

202.jpg

KIWI NOIR - DAY 30

Nom nom nom frosties!

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

BURN ONE EINSTEIN - DAY 35