What's new

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

scrogrow

Oh yeah man speaking of silver crisp I met a guy off insta today and gave him some them, he will be updating very often!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have a few pics. The plants on this side of the flower section have suffered some this run. The 1000 watt HPS on this side, I've was having probs with the ballast for the first 3-4 weeks of flower. Ballast would get too hot and pop the safety fuse in it. So some nights, the plants would go almost all night , with just the overcast from the other 1000 watter.

Not having spare money most of the time, I just dealt with it. Since then it has been working normal and not popping the fuse as much. Pretty sure the extra heat from my co2 genny was causing that prob. Adjusted my exhaust, and now I don't have to run the co2 genny nearly as often. Resulting in the ballast working like it should.

So here's a few pics.

Cake (first run, had it for almost a year now, lol)

picture.php

Fake 91' #2 - Not exactly sure what it is. It's chemmy and killer. Makes rock hard buds , with greasy resin. Heard it may in fact be the Original Diesel cut.

picture.php

Fake 91' #3 - this one is strange plant. It has come out different looking 3 out of the 4 times I have flowered her. Saw a pic on insta that the last run I had, plant looked indentical to the insta plant. The instagram plant was one of SKVA's Chem 91' BX3's.

picture.php

And here's the weather I'm dealing with right now. We got like 12"-14" of snow yesterday, Then these temps today.

picture.php

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I know I am a rookie....and need some advice on pruning fan leaves....do y’all take them or not? Or selective like if it shades a bud site...then either tuck it or cut it?

I have a picture of an example that is a week into flower I could post if DTOG is cool with me dropping the pic in here.

scrogrow

I learn every day man, it can't be helped!
The growers I'm friendly with have massed more knowledge of my grows than I ever have!
At the end of the day we run gardens, if you can read your plants and pay attention with maximum enthusiasm and remember not to be a dick. This world will amaze you!

Massive shout to everyone who graces this thread!

Dtog did I read that correctly "cake" you've had for a year and this is your first run of her?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I know I am a rookie....and need some advice on pruning fan leaves....do y’all take them or not? Or selective like if it shades a bud site...then either tuck it or cut it?

I have a picture of an example that is a week into flower I could post if DTOG is cool with me dropping the pic in here.

Itry to prune in the beginning of flower so I dont have to do much prunning later.

When I put the plant into flower I trim any branch that is low and will get shaded during stretch. I also do not want a branch that is 1/4 or less than the size of the branch it comes off of.

I trim all but the last 1 or 2 nodes at the end of the branch. Come harvest time I end up with just the larger buds and almost zero larf. Just nice top colas of about 5 to 9 buds.

When I do this trimming I will leave the fans where I take branches or nodes off. Here is a picture of what I leave.

You can see the top nodes and lower fans. But if you look you will see where I took the nodes and branches still have a little stem here and there.

Latter after stretch I will go threw and move branches that are shaded into the light or branches that are shading lower branches.. If that cant be done I will trim some fans that shade that branch. I do not like to take a fan that has a stem in the bud unless I take the entire stem with the leaf. I have lost many big buds to mold because I left a fan leaf stem in the bud and it died and molded in the bud.

I do not like to take any fans that do not have to be removed early. I will take dying fans or discolored fans.

About a week to 10 days before harvest I will slowly remove fans. This helps me when I cut the plant down. I never seem to have enough time when harvest rolls around. The trick is to not slow the plant down by taking to many fans leaves at once. If the plant does not need as much water at the next watering you slowed the plant down.

That is how I do it anyway.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Dtog did I read that correctly "cake"

I was thinking the same thing WTF lol

Yup, Wedding Cake cut. Pretty sure I got it around this time last year. Every time I had a nice plant vegged up, I ended up choping it up for cuts to send to people. Always have so much to pick from when loading up a flower batch, that I never realized how long I had it.

And post away unreg. Same rules apply here as my other thread. You guys are free to post up just about whatever you want. The more info, the better. Real info from experience that is. Not recycling others experiences as your own. Which I've seen happening quite a bit lately,lol.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Cool DTOG :tiphat: and thanks Ich, you always chime in with your experiences and many appreciate that I am sure.

Lower shoots will get taken for cuttings tomorrow, it is the fan leaves that I question to leave or not.

picture.php

picture.php

These are CloudCap from Dynasty - pre98 bubba x (3 kings x huckleberry)

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
need some advice on pruning fan leaves....do y’all take them or not? Or selective like if it shades a bud site

I liked the way issack shared how he defoliates his plants in the 630 cmh vs 1000 hps side by side thread.

Clones vegged for 21 days Lowers defoliated on day 14 veg (pic after defoliation)

picture.php

7 days later plants begin flower. On day 14 flower lowers are defoliated again, 21 days after the first lower defoliation.

picture.php

I posted this recently, the youtube video is interesting.

I remove fan leafs here and there to open the center/lowers up more usually but not much apart from removing growth that will never see good lighting way low.

The Black Dog LED people do the 3 a light book "schwazzing" method in their videos and it works well for them it seems. They strip them bare at day 1 flower and again heavily on day 21. I dont understand how stripping them severely benefits the plant honestly and wouldnt do it, apparently cannabis can make buds no problem without fan leaves though.

Timelapse Video Showing Schwazzing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1LTCL_-LE&t=15s&has_verified=1

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Yup, Wedding Cake cut. Pretty sure I got it around this time last year. Every time I had a nice plant vegged up, I ended up choping it up for cuts to send to people. Always have so much to pick from when loading up a flower batch, that I never realized how long I had it.

And post away unreg. Same rules apply here as my other thread. You guys are free to post up just about whatever you want. The more info, the better. Real info from experience that is. Not recycling others experiences as your own. Which I've seen happening quite a bit lately,lol.

Do you have any skunk strian's ? . maybe through a coulpe up this year outside ? I woyld love to see what some of your stuff could do in oregon .

My last 2 years out door . what would you recommend to run ?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Things are looking on point as always .