What's new

Drip clean by H&G used so that 10% runoff isn't needed.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
lol you guys are rediculous! fuckin laughin my ass off readin this thread.

true, plenty of fluff here, blehh. the mistress character is ok by me for the most part, seems like shes the only member here who can actually keep what she does secret. takes a lot of effort to make sure every post isn't self-incriminating. maybe a little 2 paranoid sometimes but whatever, i know how it is.

that said, you do piss me off sometimes mistresslady but whatever, your helping the community with a different style of information, and thats what matters in the grand scope of things :rtfo:

fuck cops, fuck the haters, and the excessive masterbaters :dunno:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KosmoKramer

*mistress*

Is it possible for you to type in a NORMAL fashion without all the goofy shit???

Reading your posts gives me a fuking headache!!!

Just real quick:
Quote:
According to Rez (coco specific), you should adjust your nutes going IN so your runoff is in the acceptable pH range. I would assume this is probably what your looking for regardless of medium. Your runoff ppms "should" be higher, as you are pushing excess out from your medium, and mixing this with fresh full strenght nutes, as you are feeding.

For example. If your nutes are pH'd at 5.8, and your runoff is 6.3, you have a +.5 pH point differential. Mix your nutes at 5.5, and your runoff should be around 6.0 (if thats your target). Using the same differential, if your looking for 5.5 runoff, adjust your nutes to 5.0, and your runoff should come out at 5.5, ect.
?

how does that work?
ph is not linear, nor do plants consume water &/or nutes in straight line...

ph can drift either up, or down... depending on concentration of specific elements in solution/media...

when plant uptakes cations (ieg, ammonium nitrogen) media becomes more acidic...
as plant uptakes anions (ieg, nitrates & phosphates), the media+solution increases in hydroxyl groups (0h-) & bicarbonates (hco3-)... so... when plant usues more nitrate nitrogen, what is expeled by plant in the 'exchange' makes media/solution (...or, 'run-off'...) more alkaline...

also, the concentration of specific salts in the plants' roots dictate if/when/how much of the solution given they intake... & thus how many ions they expel into the media/solution... as plants roots assimilate ions via osmosis... or differential of concentration gradients between outside/inside of root cell walls - of discriminate, specific nutes (elements)...

As stated this is as per Rez, but it makes sense to me. The pH shouldn't be linear because you would be picking up excess nutes.ions when feeding. These excess nutes would be diluted/used thus causing a rise in pH in any added nutes. By adjusting your nute pH slightly lower, your rootzone pH stays in the target zone because the higher pH old nutes/ions are "flushed" out, hence why many like to have 20% or so runoff. So if your target pH is 5.5, and you add 5.5 pH nutes, when it mixes with the old higher pH used up nutes, it raises the pH in the root zone.

Like I said this is according to Rez and how he grows with coco. Like I said I grow DWC and was reiterating what I picked up on another thread. So DO NOT take what I stated as expert advice with soil/soil-less mixes, like I stated.

D

DonkDBZ

Has Mistress actually used Drip clean for her imaginary garden herself? Or is answer purely from stuff read on the internet. You can can use all the theory u want but unless u have tried dish soap vs drip clean side by side......tell us something useful.

As for me I have ran drip clean with no run off and girls looked just fine. but.... still gonna need runoff to flush properly.

Shakalaka

well im running it on my girls right now...its been 2 weeks and they are lookin healthy. I guess the real test is when they enter flowering and the kool bloom is in the mix. I will prob flush them with florakleen once or twice just to be safe.

]A[Boss

6/9 with no run-off works fine... no need for drip clean haha.. giving it way too much credit.

just flush real good at the end of harvest.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
For those of you that have absolutely nothing positive or appreciative to say to *mistress*, put her on ignore and stop filling this thread with your bitching. Not everyone feels the need to post evidence of their illegal activities online for everyone to see. Yeah, it makes it a little harder to trust the information they have to share, but if it's giving you a headache, just put her on ignore, for your sake and ours.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
For those of you that have absolutely nothing positive or appreciative to say to *mistress*, put her on ignore and stop filling this thread with your bitching. Not everyone feels the need to post evidence of their illegal activities online for everyone to see. Yeah, it makes it a little harder to trust the information they have to share, but if it's giving you a headache, just put her on ignore, for your sake and ours.

Ur just no fun..

mgk :laughing:

T

THC_Decapitator

H&G seem to be a fine nutrient company .
I think ill def give there line a go when im out of my current supply

VAtransplant

I rarely give runoff as the main root mass of my plants was very little perlite (the original root mass from first pots they were in, ~2gal prior to final up pot to 5 gal bags)

Because of that the center would get seem to hold water a lot more and I had some overwatering symptoms in addition to some other issues. i used drip clean from about day 30 on every other day and every day of a week flushing, which was maybe 3 waterings of 50ppm water/maybe 1cc per 2 gals of water. I was making sure i had a tiny bit of runoff (just enough to show water had made it out bottom of grow bags, 100ccs max) during this dripclean flushing period.

Took some samples today to smoke, nugs had been hanging drying for maybe 30 hours- just getting dry on the outside. Turned to bone white powdery ash.

Maybe it's voodoo, but I know I'll be giving heavy nutes up until 5-7 days before chop from here on out. I'll probably also try to use a tiny bit in every batch of water I mix up instead of being lazy about it like before. For my next run my mix will be heavily amended with perlite, won't cheap on that again. Hoping to be able to get runoff without achieving symptoms of overwatering.

Last edited:

Shakalaka

Just an update here...... It's been 4 weeks of veg and 1 week in flower using drip clean with no runoff. Using canna coco and Kool bloom liquid.
The plants actually look healthier than last run. I will prob do a flush with florakleen about half way through flower just in case.....but 5 weeks of no runoff and they are lookin fine!

bobblehead

Veteran
Mistress isn't wrong about not need drip clean if you don't have Ca to bind the others...

Most of us don't have perfectly dialed imaginary gardens. Most growers just feed their plants. Drip clean will bind the excess ions so they don't fall out of suspension. Drip clean is added insurance for a successful grow. I just ordered my first bottle. I'd rather do that than spend my time stressing over nutrient lockouts from pH fluctuations...

D

DHF

Solid info Bobble......Coco`s a finicky bitch ....and anyone that say`s it`s not , hasn`t run it long enoughta find out ....

Drip clean`s the shit for attachin itself to nutrients in the rootzone/medium not assimilated by the roots and sucked up into the plants for proper metabolism....

Been talkin ta folks at many sites for over a yr with amazing results from said product @ 1ml per gal......

Biggest problems with coco is calcium uptake/cation exchange capacity ......Dripclean seems to alleviate that problem with it`s magnetic properties , and eliminating excess runoff to prevent residual salt buildup ...

Peace...DHF....:ying:...

slowandeasy

Veteran
Solid info Bobble......Coco`s a finicky bitch ....and anyone that say`s it`s not , hasn`t run it long enoughta find out ....

Drip clean`s the shit for attachin itself to nutrients in the rootzone/medium not assimilated by the roots and sucked up into the plants for proper metabolism....

Been talkin ta folks at many sites for over a yr with amazing results from said product @ 1ml per gal......

Biggest problems with coco is calcium uptake/cation exchange capacity ......Dripclean seems to alleviate that problem with it`s magnetic properties , and eliminating excess runoff to prevent residual salt buildup ...

Peace...DHF....:ying:...

Directions on the bottle is .4ml per Gal....and it works fine. No need to use 1ml per Gal, you are just wasting it.

D

DHF

Me either BH......S&E.....wasted or not , I`m goin on solid info from many many folks that didn`t experience total satisfactory results until they ramped up the doseage to a WHOLE 1 ml....LOL....

Even though the recommended doseage is only .4 ml per gal , everyone I talked with still had issues with said smaller dose.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

slowandeasy

Veteran
Me either BH......S&E.....wasted or not , I`m goin on solid info from many many folks that didn`t experience total satisfactory results until they ramped up the doseage to a WHOLE 1 ml....LOL....

Even though the recommended doseage is only .4 ml per gal , everyone I talked with still had issues with said smaller dose.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

What kind of problems? I have been using it for over a year at that dosage, and never have run off. Use however much you want. 1ml is still not very much, so it lasts a long time. Of course, my nute mix is not super strong...so maybe they are pumping more nutes. Fact is, the shit works for me....for sure!!

D

DHF

Not trying to argue about what`s worked for you S&E , only what folks have told me about still incurring cal/mag deficiency issues with purple petiole`s , woody stems , and stalled growth from recommended dosage until upped ta 1 ml per gal......

Can we get past this ?....I mean......if it`s 1 ml compared to .4 from the manufacturer that dials it in , then what`s the deal......

Peace...DHF......:ying:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts