What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

Jerry Maine

I'm very interested in watching this grow. I read through most of the other thread a couple of weeks back and was pretty shocked with the harvests you were pulling off. 7 - 15 grams off each little SOG plant under CFL's is utter madness.

That was dialed in though, you've bred the right genetics, made a good soil mix, know what to feed them and have years of experience. I love the watering technique by the way.

Anyhow, if I can pull even the lower number, 7 grams per plant, one plant per week, I'd be self sufficient. I'd limit myself to 9 plants for legal reasons, I'd need a couple of mums, prefer one sativa and one indica for the different highs, leaving 7 plants max in the flower box, which is enough. But I'd need to get it to 7g per plant or better.

I have a tonne of time to plan things out, find out which strains work well with this technique and get a hold of them, find some viable mums and then get my cloning technique down. Will definitely be watching this thread, and going over the last one a few more times.

Jerry

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Quick Update.....DrBud's A buzy man today...... :hotbounce :Bolt:

This is a pic of the cleats screwed on and wired up..... :wave:

This is a Temp-set up fer my Veg plants.....it's better than a U-Haul box fer' another 24 hours...... :headbange

This is Some Clone Boxes on the shelf..... :rasta:

Some of the light Cleats installed in the "Lower Chamber"..... :rasta:

This is the Back-up Power for the Flowering Chambers...... :headbange

This one is for the Veg. Shelves and the Vent/Cooling System's..... :headbange

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Can you please give more details about your backup power for both rooms. I have no idea were to get one of those and i really need one for my pumps if their is ever a power failer. I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone back up their grow cap before. I know thay have backups for fish tanks but that's a littl bit of power. How much Power can you back up with that?

Redneck1337

Hey Doc , I've been watching your's and Connoisseur300's grow for a while now and i must say that you have both really inspired me, and for sure helped me to become a much better grower. (Seeing as I am currently on my second grow, 1st indoor at the moment)

Anyways i figured i could help Connoisseur out on his/her question.. I'm pretty sure those are just your standard desktop computer UPS. UPS stands for like uninterrupted power supply or something along those lines. You can find a wide array of sizes at your local computer store such as Circuit City or Best Buy. As far as how much power you can back up for how long?? I would say if you've got the money they have one for your whatever your needs are.. I've seen some monster backup UPS at my work..Size of a dog house or so.. Head on over to APCs website and check it out! Hope i could help!
-Red

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
Can you please give more details about your backup power for both rooms. I have no idea were to get one of those and i really need one for my pumps if their is ever a power failer. I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone back up their grow cap before. I know thay have backups for fish tanks but that's a littl bit of power. How much Power can you back up with that?

They are APC server Back-ups
They give me 20-25 minutes at FULL power lights /Fans /Vents....long enuff to bring the Generator Online.....

The larger one the 1500 was $559.99
The Smaller one the 1300 was $179.99
(They did not cost me that much........lol)
Just running fan and pump they would run a long time....
:smoke:

fatal1

Check on eb@y or cr@igs-list for "UPS". Some businesses use them to back up their network (server room shit). You'll be surprised how many of these I've seen at pawn shops and flea markets.

( By the way; DrBudGreenGenes, sir you are absolutely brilliant. I thank you for sharing your years of knowledge and experience with us. I'll be tagging every one of your threads. )

minigreens

hey drbud

sorry to bug again but you may have just skimmed over my question:
just wanted to know where you dry all this
and maybe let us in on your cure methods

great threads you have and great grow. thanks for sharing

F

fully baked

you grow some sick buds with those cfl's doc.

prescribe me some please??

I'll be watchin...

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
minigreens said:
hey drbud

sorry to bug again but you may have just skimmed over my question:
just wanted to know where you dry all this
and maybe let us in on your cure methods

At the cabin I just hung it to dry......Smell was not a factor.

Now that we are "In Town" I will be building a Carbon Filtered drying Box. :smoke:

I always cure in Qt Jars :headbange

obZen

I've been lurking your grow threads for a long time, so when I saw this thread I had to register.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and it's good to see that we're being well represented. =]

I've got a few questions for the Jedi Master.

1. Are you planning on testing other kinds of CFL's?
(daylight, cool white, warm white, etc.)

2. What has been your experience with T5's for vegging?

3. What's your opinion on cloning from revegged plants?

4. Do you have any tips on revegging?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, the next generations of growers will be thanking you for years to come.

Take it easy. :joint:

- obZen

Last edited:

obZen

herb weedmen said:
is the strain as importent as the method of growing..

herb weedmen

Yes, having a good strain for this kind of grow is important.

Some plants will try to get over 6 feet tall. That could be a major problem if you're growing it in a small cabinet.

I'm not saying you can't train a bigger plant into a smaller space, but it will be more work than a plant that stays short naturally.

That's why Dr. B has so many plants going at one time, each of the plants is relatively small - but together they equal a lot of bud.

Also, you don't want an unstable strain that is going to freak out under the smallest bit of stress.

I've heard some people saying Dr. B's methods are a little... "harsh" on some plants. His seem to love it and do great, but some strains just aren't made to be grown in pop bottles in cabinets. Lol.

That's just my opinion. Anyone with experience telling them otherwise is welcome to prove me wrong, as I would love to see giant strains growing in tiny cabinets. :joint:

Last edited:
G

Very good Dr......

Good system and yields for shure!!
But i think you could get more from CFL's
when placed much closer to plants having them
grow right around the bulbs a bit......
Another thing is you only using one side of your bulbs?
Hanging CFL's down on a slight angle is best,even straight down!
No offence just a tip maybe,take a look a some real dence nugzzzzzzzz
using only 23w CFL's my man!

Check my new thread out!
You gotta try CFL's right because they can ROCK the HOUSE!!
:headbange

Last edited:

Spliffman

Lougrew! said:
Very good Dr......

The plants are packed too tight to use vertical lighting hanging down in the plants. 42w cfl's will burn plants that touch the bulbs.

Spliffman

UPS

UPS

fatal1 said:
Check on eb@y or cr@igs-list for "UPS". You'll be surprised how many of these I've seen at pawn shops and flea markets.

I wouldn't buy one unless it has a NEW Battery. They get rid of old units for a reason. You can buy used units on E-Bay that have new batteries.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Lougrew! said:
Very good Dr......

Check my new thread out!
You gotta try CFL's right because they can ROCK the HOUSE!!
:headbange
No offence taken Bro ....... :wave:
That is a Very nice plant Lou.......how many others did you grow with 69 watts of CFL?
What was the final weight?
GPW?

I grow for MAX output from each watt of CFL.... :headbange

Example the new top box is 588 watts of CFL

W/72 cuts flowered in a perpetual style.....
Harvested at day 60....

Thats 9 harvested per week my cut Avg's 8-12 grams each...
due the math on that
:smoke:

Last edited: