What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

stikik22

Doc can we get a shot of the cab about four or five feet away, or as far as you can get......i just want to take it all in. :)

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
arne564 said:
Alright, I get it. How high are your regular lights raised(the ones that aren't being used mainly for the first/second week plants)? Looking at your 4 week plants, it looks like they're right below your lights. Do they stop getting taller at 4 weeks?

yes at 4 weeks they just get bigger w/most strains...... :rasta:

Wow your grow is amazing Doc!!! I have been waiting for over 3 weeks for my account to be activated lol! Your posts are why I wanted to join icmag...your awsome. I grew up in AK but moved when i was 18 to texas so never got to grow there =( anyways I got a grow going micro style. Dont got journal up yet, will post l8er tonight. Im using 16oz party cups as my pots. Im about 3 weeks in. I started 12/12 from seed. Im growing in a lil 22gallon rubbermaid tahts about 24"x18"x12" Using 3 42watt cfls. Imma be posting a log soon. Anyways just wanted to finally post in your log and tell you I read ur entire log from begining to end in 1 setting!!! You really made me inspired to go ahead and grow with my small space.

How far do you keep your plants from the lights doc? I got mine within a couple inches because I didnt want the to stretch to bad but it seems you keep yours lower? Shoul I lower mine? Im growing some bagseed(not good bud but only seeds I had =/. Its mexican brick weed so prolly a big sativa i imagine)

Pce

Last edited:

ZoSo

I would definitely keep the lights close to the mexican bagseed, Sexologist. They love to stretch, and they keep stretching for a long time. Also don't feed them too much nitrogen. I made that mistake and now I've got 5 inch nodes and I'm having to lst them. Luckily, I've got another bagseed indica dom that's doing great. I found the sweet spot on the second round and the first round is about a week and a half from harvest. It came from a weird yellow colored seed with no speckles or stripes (and it wasn't premature). I've had a good feeling about her ever since it germed with great vigor. Won't know until I smoke her though...

jimbob420

arne,

I think that if you look at the chart that looks like a pyramid that shows how many lumens you get from a distance it says that everything within 1 foot of the light source recieves the full lumen, anything beyond that and the amount of lumens u recieve decreases. So as long as you are within 12 inches of the lights you should in reality be getting the same amount of lumens and I think that is why the doc's plants can be so far away from the lights and not really be effected.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
DrBudGreengenes said:
72 "Chesaw" ladies ... :woohoo:
waitin' to go to work :pimp3: ........lol

Is that a seed starter tray?? I saw one like that for $5 at Ace and was wondering if you like it better than the Organics Spinach/Salad container cuz I don't eat that stuff and was going to spend the $6 on it until I saw the seed starter tray with cover and noticed you were using one.. .

petemoss

I was just going to ask a question about that pic you posted. Why did Doc need to take 72 clones at one time? I thought his perpetual SOG only required 9 clones per week.

J

JackKerouac

arne564 said:
oh, alright. that clears things up. I was under the impression that anything beyond 6 inches was too far.

That's what she said.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
DrBudGreengenes said:

Next two Pic's are Purple Skunk X Mango....They are a "Gift from a friend"......I'm just growin them out.... :friends:

More of the pretty Purple Flowers.....Mmmmm :respect:

So for the 3rd time can I please see a pic of these finished????
:joint:

S

strain_searcher

I used the make it up as you go method. 200 watt cfls good ventilation and all in a single tote box tied down. As basic as it gets. I still have 2 more plants in the box. What ever method you use just make sure you have a healthy medium and a nice short strain that does not stretch.

MADE 4 MENDO

waw i have had zero faith for CFL other than for my mom chamber and for propogaton or side lighting so cheap for such pruduction i am inspired all i can say is awe!!!

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
So for the 3rd time can I please see a pic of these finished????
:joint:

Nope.....but you will soon

The Purple Skunk Mango mother was layed on by my TomCat "Jake"....so the PSK x Mango was clipped and re-juved to save the Pheno (non of her sisters are Purple)...and she is alive and well.
Cuts will be ready on her in prolly a week or so....and she will be run thru as a SOG spike soon..... :joint:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
strain_searcher said:
I used the make it up as you go method. 200 watt cfls good ventilation and all in a single tote box tied down. As basic as it gets. I still have 2 more plants in the box. What ever method you use just make sure you have a healthy medium and a nice short strain that does not stretch.

Lookin Great SS..... :rasta:

Dr.Bud, you've been a huge inspiration for me to try to start my sog. Just wanted to thank you for all of the many things you have contributed to the growing community.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice Blackfoot! DrBud I also wanted to thank you again for putting out your style of growing for us to learn cuz it has turned my closet into a nice little garden and I will soon be having 2-4oz every 2 weeks!

Here's a shot of my Urkel sisters

the 2 or the right were flowered after vegging for about a week and are 11" in the middle of week 3 so do you think they are going to finish at 14-15" like yours???

Close up of my Urkel clone#1

These are my wonderful Thunder Goo that I revegged and I got a feeling it might end up being like your cut that yielded 21g dry what do you think?? The pic was taken in week 4

For the new guys and gals reading this thread for the first time, don't let anyone discourage you from doing a CFL grow. I was given clones in the middle of May this year and found DrBuds threads in June, I had this gut feeling that this was the best way to grow in my closet and I followed his steps and got the same nutes and watered like he does.... Now I'm coming up on my 3rd harvest and as you can see from the pics above DrBud's method of growing is doing me very well :headbange :joint: :headbange

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
Nice Blackfoot! DrBud I also wanted to thank you again for putting out your style of growing for us to learn cuz it has turned my closet into a nice little garden and I will soon be having 2-4oz every 2 weeks!

Here's a shot of my Urkel sisters

the 2 or the right were flowered after vegging for about a week and are 11" in the middle of week 3 so do you think they are going to finish at 14-15" like yours???

Close up of my Urkel clone#1

These are my wonderful Thunder Goo that I revegged and I got a feeling it might end up being like your cut that yielded 21g dry what do you think?? The pic was taken in week 4

For the new guys and gals reading this thread for the first time, don't let anyone discourage you from doing a CFL grow. I was given clones in the middle of May this year and found DrBuds threads in June, I had this gut feeling that this was the best way to grow in my closet and I followed his steps and got the same nutes and watered like he does.... Now I'm coming up on my 3rd harvest and as you can see from the pics above DrBud's method of growing is doing me very well :headbange :joint: :headbange

Bro ....you are "Looking Good" Mang'.....and as far as my 21 gram cut ...it was a two headed Beast....after you learn to get them to finish where you want.....then it's SOG 102.... :listen2:

learnin' to make a two headed beast out of your gurls....that is where ya can get a nice increase in yur yield. :jump:

Note that it is not a two stemed plant it only splits to make 2 top colas...two stems takes up to much room....we only want one stem w/ 2 top colas
This is a "Sweet Sativa" done this way.

Latest posts

Latest posts