What's new

DR100L 800W 2nd Grow~Blue Cheese, Blue Venom, Red Diesel, Sharksbreath, Lemon Skunk

S

Sirus

prob about double that size,or right before flower
Sounds good Unc. I plan to start the decent to 12/12 in about 2 weeks or so. I will plan to transplant somewhere in that time..

Just what unc said...let those frackers get root bound almost before putting them in 5 gals sirus. U will watch them explode!

BTW...stunning bro-seph...can't wait to see the blue cheese in a 5 gal. :tiphat:

:blowbubbles:

Thanks for the good words bro-seph :good: I can't wait for them to explode! Blue Cheese is going to be beautiful but I have a feeling that Lemon Skunk will be giving her a run for it. :joint:

S

Sirus

Checking on the ladies tonight and I found this splotchy discoloration on pretty much all of them. I noticed it the day after feeding, which was yesterday, although not this pronounced. Any input into what is causing this? I am going back to distilled instead of the tap, idc how good they say the water is..

Blue Cheese

picture.php

picture.php

Lemon Skunk

picture.php

Blue Venom

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
it looks kinda like cal/mag,but that could be a ph issue...

subscribed , they looks ph issue..block..maybe you check how is the ph in the water coming outside pot, but also you make some flush with plain water like this coming good, also me i do flush when i see ph issue and after go out the problem..you need to try mate!! :wave:

S

Sirus

possible a lock out...I have been dosing them with cal/mg frequently, they just got a "heavy" dose a couple days ago. I will give them a good watering with straight distilled and check the ph of the run off somehow. Man I need a soil ph meter! Thanks for the input guys! :tiphat:

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
when i was in soil i used the greenhouse kit right from home depot, or just a reg green house store...comes as a kit with orange and green pills, purple ones too. worked....just follow the directions ;) if u gave them cal/mag and this happening, may J.C. ask what ur nutes/water ph going into them bro-seph? Sux, this happened so fast....but can be stopped

S

Sirus

I pH'd my last feed to 6.8, the next day I saw the beginning stage, no yellow yet just spots. Yesterday's pics were a big difference overnight..I am going to check tonight and see what I can see. I will check Lowe's for the soil pH kit tonight. I plan to pH some distilled to 6.8 and water tonight. I will check the run-off with my liquid meter. I had no pH issues last run, only real change was I added 1 part more of FFLW and started using the tap. PPM of the tap is 140'ish. Will keep posted. Thanks for the assist broseph! :tiphat:

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
I pH'd my last feed to 6.8, the next day I saw the beginning stage, no yellow yet just spots. Yesterday's pics were a big difference overnight..I am going to check tonight and see what I can see. I will check Lowe's for the soil pH kit tonight. I plan to pH some distilled to 6.8 and water tonight. I will check the run-off with my liquid meter. I had no pH issues last run, only real change was I added 1 part more of FFLW and started using the tap. PPM of the tap is 140'ish. Will keep posted. Thanks for the assist broseph! :tiphat:

IMOE in soil...maybe we use diff soil but I think principle the same. PH of 6.8 goiing in us too high. Some peeps on here go with 6.5, even that I feel is too high. I always ran soil at 6.2-6.4...target of 6.3....if u look at the ph chart, the one with ALL accessible nutes for soil, 6.5 is the best. J.C. thinking u might want to lower that ph just a tad. Just thoughts...but I think this is what causing ur problem.:tiphat: PH too high, not enuff acidity???or mayeb the opposite, too much....can't remember...either way, if not enuff acidity or too much u get nute lock out.....but u knew this already. :yoinks:

S

Sirus

Hello everyone! A lot has happend since the last update. First off I belive the spotty discoloration was due to a whacked out pH during the feeding prior to apperance. I calibrated my pH pen and it was off significantly. So that based with no new spotty discoloration helped me come to that newbie conclusion. I bought the cheapo soil pH kit from Lowe's and the nearest I can tell is that my soil is very close to 7.0'ish leaning towards the acidic side. I can't wait for the beginning of the year so I can get a nice digi meter and some DGS goodness!

I also decided to transplant up to the 5 gal pots. I was anxious to do it and after some trusted advice from the diagnosis forum I decided to make the switch. They have been in the new homes for 4 days and so far appear to be adjusting well. It was suggested my ladies were root-bound as they had spent 16 days veggin in the 2 gal containers. When I transplanted them I noticed quite a bit of root growth, hopefully they did not become root-bound to the point of limiting growth. Unfortunatly I didn't have my camera with me so no pics! I am debating how long to veg them in the 5 gal pots, this will be their final home since I don't have the room or soil prepped for another transplant.

Pics were taken yesterday, 37d veg - 24/0 light schedule..

Red Diesel - 37d veg ~ 24/0 : She was looking thirsty for this pic and when I checked her today she was drooping pretty bad. Good thing today was feeding day! A bit of N toxicity showing I think, so I skipped the main veg feeding and went with pre-flowering nutes since it has some N in it. The pre-flower nutes are directed to be used 2 weeks prior to 12/12, I don't think I will go 2 weeks before flippin so I decided to start them now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Cheese - 37d veg - 24/0 light schedule : I think she will turn out better than her sister did on my first grow around, she is poppin pistils all over the place! Other than suffering from the spotty discoloration and possibly a slight Ca/Mg deficency I see no other problems. They were all hit with a heavy Ca/Mg feeding tonight. I think this turned out to be a FIM vs. topping, I have an extra stem at the node I topped at.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Venom - 32d veg ~ 24/0 light schedule : I can't seem to make this one happy. She seems to be constantly suffering from Ca/Mg deficency and she is the only one to continue showing little signs of the spotty discoloration. Either way I continue to try to meet her needs and hope I can grow some decent smoke from this Blueberry/WW cross.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lemon Skunk - 32d veg ~ 24/0 light schedule : I am also very hopeful for this lady. I have always enjoyed skunk strains and I like the structure of this plant. Barring no newbie mistakes and unforseen circumstances, I am hoping she will grow out to be every bit a good as her discription at the bank! Not seeing anything major jump out at me as far as deficiencies, possibly a Ca/Mg need since this seems to be the theme for this grow.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks to all for checking out my grow. As always, input/comments are greatly appericated!

S

Sirus

Just a couple of pics that wouldn't fit on the last post...

Group Shots

picture.php

picture.php

I put this pic in to give an idea of how much space I have from canopy to hood. I don't think I will be able to maximize total space this grow since I don't plan to veg much longer.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you might be surprised sirus,you could fill that space in no time....you know blueberry can be one of the most finicky plants to deal with,notorious for being prone to ph problems

S

Sirus

you might be surprised sirus,you could fill that space in no time....you know blueberry can be one of the most finicky plants to deal with,notorious for being prone to ph problems

Hello Unc :wave: It would be real nice if it filled up, I am afraid to veg for too long since these are flower pots, not quite sure how long is acceptable anyways. The blueberry being finicky would explain a lot since it seemed to respond so much more to the whacked out feeding. It has been a pain to keep somewhat green. The Blue Cheese must be more of the Cheese pheno since it seems to take my abuse without too much issue. I can't wait to start flowering! I know this round is going to turn out better than the first...or at least a bit more smoke in the end! :joint: :ying: