What's new

Dr is in Da house 5 plant scrog

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all well 2 more days including tonight and transplant time woot here is what they look today

Epod

hi all looking nice for u m8
how long do u veg for and what your total run time do your flower at 5 weeks

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey Doc, ever heard of this 12/1 lighting cycle? Stumbled across it today and did a little reading on my breaks at work:biggrin:

Seems intriguing, the claims are a better, faster yield, even if it was the same yield the electricity savings and less heat would be awesome!

My gas guy just finished running my natural gas line to where my room will be with a shut off valve and cap on the end. :woohoo: I'm assuming these Co2 generators just bolt to the wall correct?

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
I really don't think that a 12/1 cycle will give you anything but trouble. Those plants need 12hours of dark to develop bud.

:2cents:

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I really don't think that a 12/1 cycle will give you anything but trouble. Those plants need 12hours of dark to develop bud.

:2cents:

12/1 is actually for vegging, the flowering part of the cycle actually gets more than 12 hours of dark for bud development.

DrFever

Veteran
LED think of it this way where on earth would sunlight or darkness be so out of wack rather then the poles and nothing really grows there keep it simple 16 - 18 hrs of light for veg as you get close to flower you can mimic our seasons and slowly lower light till 12 / 12 is achieved for full flower mode

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Instead of 12/1 why don't you go for 24/0 ? When you put the plant in the dark you should leave it to rest at least 6 hours (18/6).

Plants respond quickly to light changes, but their metabolism is quite slow.

I think that just one hour of dark is just a method to give light stress to the plants.

DrFever

Veteran
Well last day before transplant And start of day 14 VEG
wooooohoooooo Now these fckers are really going to grow , will be making my soil recipe tonight for tranplant
here are last pics in 6" Enjoy . tommorow will have tranplant pics on how i do it cheers

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Do you run the same soil recipe in veg as you do in flower?

Let me know how many pro mix bails and other bags of soil it takes to fill your 12 totes that way I have a rough idea how many its going to take me :thank you:

Really looking forward to tonight's update!!!!

DrFever

Veteran
Do you run the same soil recipe in veg as you do in flower?

Let me know how many pro mix bails and other bags of soil it takes to fill your 12 totes that way I have a rough idea how many its going to take me :thank you:

Really looking forward to tonight's update!!!!
Yes i run same soil for veg and flower these girls were in regular pro-mix , for the 2 weeks
now to mix up all my ingredients with my mycorise
YO LED only transplanting into 5 gallon totes not the big ones yet

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Yes i run same soil for veg and flower these girls were in regular pro-mix , for the 2 weeks
now to mix up all my ingredients with my mycorise
YO LED only transplanting into 5 gallon totes not the big ones yet

Thanks Doc, and yes thats right, I got to excited I skipped the whole training process!!!:laughing:

This where it really gets to be some fun for me, the training, tips and tricks. Almost the most enjoyable part of the grow for me:biggrin: Can't wait see how it all unfolds

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey Doc. I got some Co2 questions for you. First off, what system and controller are you using? Secondly, I'm using my exaust fan to control temperature in my room. Fan will run 24/7 but ill have two motorized dampers that will control wether I'm getting cool air from outside or warm air from inside. My question is what would be the best way for me to utilize the Co2? Have the fan turn off, set the controller to maintain 1300 ppm so I guess the generator will turn itself on and off to maintain that 1300ppm? Then once the room reaches lets say 90 degrees the Co2 generator turns off and fans turn on? How exactly do you have yours setup???

Thanks bud.

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all well its bin a busy night lol got all my soils mixed up this is how i did it i used 1 liter pail. as i didn;t want to make to much so i went this route
mixed 10 liters promix mycorise then 10 liters of top soil and organic soil together into it then added 4 liters of shrimp / fish compost and then 4 liters of sheep manure mixed it up real well she came out a really good once mixed up i took a sample added water to it stired the hell out of it let stand for 1/2 hr re mixed checked ph 7.0 perfect so soil is neutral so then i continued making soil up and here it is lol

DrFever

Veteran
And a few more pictures Decided to fire up another 1000 watt so now 2000 watts up and running :)

vukman

Veteran
damn, busy don't begin to cover it..:D..........nice work....very nice and congratz that you got it all done in one night.

DrFever

Veteran
Thanks Vuk was going to do it all today make soil then transplant today then thought hell with it get er done lol

YO LED ??? Not sure how much experience you got with growing but in all seriousness
Co2 is deadly , i would suggest getting a few grows under your belt before you try C02
if your building a grow room make sure you have few extra wall sockets for future use
20 amp
c02 systems are not cheap by the time you buy a tank, good regulator , fittings tube insulation, and controller you can very well be into it for 1800.00 not including refills
if your deciding a c02 generator then massive heat can become a issue where room will heat up to quickly and c02 gets vented out which becomes a real waste ( Damed if you do Dammed if you don't ) if you catch my drift
there are other alternatives like making your own c02 get a brew or wine kit do it in your room in a corner , adding 1 cup of sugar table spoon of yiest, into 4 cups of water in a 2 liter pop jug with hole in cap is another alternative, shake daily good for once a week change out ,
read somewhere you can purchase c02 kit that actually is good up to 6 months ( container) maybe someone will chime in on exact name of it lol

But really get your room dialed in with what you got get a thermostat for any heat issues work on getting a a harvest done work on plant nutrition write everything down your little diary something to fall back on ,
But if your dead on a c02 system study it look at plus and negatives
or just go with this for now
http://homeharvest.com/climatecontrollerstemperature.htm

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks doc. Ya I'm planning on getting two to three grows under my belt that way I have a good baseline. I was planning on using natural gas but maybe a tank would be better control of room temperature. Reason I didn't even consider using a tank for Co2 was cause I was thinking I would have to get it refilled every few days?!? How long do you think a tank of Co2 would last before having to refill?