What's new

Dr is in Da house 5 plant scrog

DrFever

Veteran
Thanks doc. Ya I'm planning on getting two to three grows under my belt that way I have a good baseline. I was planning on using natural gas but maybe a tank would be better control of room temperature. Reason I didn't even consider using a tank for Co2 was cause I was thinking I would have to get it refilled every few days?!? How long do you think a tank of Co2 would last before having to refill?

depending on size of tanks and most importantly room size here this will help you figure out lots lol

Here is how my room is set
Grow room area: 1890 cubic feet
Amount of CO2 required: 2.5515 cubic feet
On time: 153.09 minutes

At this flow rate:
If you are using a 20 pound CO2 bottle with a regulator, it will last 174.8 hours.
If you have a CO2 Generator a 5 gallon propane tank will last 540 hours.

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

LEDNewbie

Veteran
depending on size of tanks and most importantly room size here this will help you figure out lots lol

Here is how my room is set
Grow room area: 1890 cubic feet
Amount of CO2 required: 2.5515 cubic feet
On time: 153.09 minutes

At this flow rate:
If you are using a 20 pound CO2 bottle with a regulator, it will last 174.8 hours.
If you have a CO2 Generator a 5 gallon propane tank will last 540 hours.

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

Nice, and thanks for the link... So is that 153.09 minutes of total usage for you in a 12 hour cycle? Or is that everytime the bottle opens up after every exaust cycle? This is very interesting stuff, I'm really enjoying learning about all the ins and outs of growing. Never thought growing plants would be interest the way it is:woohoo: My momma would be so proud!!:laughing:

DrFever

Veteran
Hey everyone well its Day 15 veg and had a good tranplant nothing seems to have slowed growth down so what i did was plant plants at a angle and off set allowing to use hangers and slowly work it around pot spread it open more or less i will start super cropping in about 2 - 3 days just to allow plants to settle in and get some growth and do it there on as much as i can per plant working it around the 5 gallon tote
Anyways some shots as lights came on

SplitOpen&Melt

Looking amazing. I found mixing up 2 20 gal. rubbermaids to be a lot of work, that just looks insane. Those are only 5 gallon totes though? They look bigger in the pics.

DrFever

Veteran
Looking amazing. I found mixing up 2 20 gal. rubbermaids to be a lot of work, that just looks insane. Those are only 5 gallon totes though? They look bigger in the pics.

Come to think of it yea they do look bigger :)) but that is what they are 5 gallon totes

veri nice lookin plants dr., healthy green progress..sure gonna be super jungle bloom ..im tuned dr.!!

Thanks man yup matter of time before its a jungle

LEDNewbie

Veteran
hope you got PC skills, seems like a good set up for you

thats the easy part:biggrin: thousands of hours spent on lap tops and computers tuning and diagnosing race cars, tuning and reading sensors, all seems very familiar to what we are doing:dance013:

DrFever

Veteran
That's awesome then buddy So when do you think your going to drop some seeds and get things under way ????

LEDNewbie

Veteran
That's awesome then buddy So when do you think your going to drop some seeds and get things under way ????

I'm going to start framing walls tomorrow. But the reason I haven't been going 24/7 is cause I'm waiting for my medical license. I'm hoping I get it within the next 2-3 weeks but I'm not holding my breath!!! So this week ill get all the walls up and finalize all the equipment I want to buy. Ten it's a matter of hurry up and wait!!!:tumbleweed:

Once I get the license ill go night and day to finish everything off. One week tops once I get the license.

Going to be getting some Jack Horror clone from a buddy and will be using them for my first grow. Where would be a good place to get some PPP seeds like the ones your growing?

DrFever

Veteran
I'm going to start framing walls tomorrow. But the reason I haven't been going 24/7 is cause I'm waiting for my medical license. I'm hoping I get it within the next 2-3 weeks but I'm not holding my breath!!! So this week ill get all the walls up and finalize all the equipment I want to buy. Ten it's a matter of hurry up and wait!!!:tumbleweed:

Once I get the license ill go night and day to finish everything off. One week tops once I get the license.

Going to be getting some Jack Horror clone from a buddy and will be using them for my first grow. Where would be a good place to get some PPP seeds like the ones your growing?
Get Er done there buddy is this going to be your very first grow ???

LEDNewbie

Veteran
It will be my very own first from start to finish. I've helped with a few others but things were just not done up to my standards:biggrin:

Very messy rooms, sloppy control of nutes and no training, nothing really. My buddy still manages to produce 1/1.5 lbs per light. I'd like to blow his numbers out of the water on my first go. That would really piss him off!!!!:laughing: considering he's been hard at it for 6+ years.

DrFever

Veteran
Hey All well its day 17 started c02 back up after 2 days off just gave them all just water and molasses tonight and will start my 4 day watering cycle with foilage feeding inbetween
temps are 84 - 88 RH is 60 - 80 C02 1200 ppm

I don't see any holes.So do you saturate most of the soil,part,or what?

Just wona know,I'm guessing part.

I think you said before there kinda on the small side.

I see now,looks like part.Sorry,I meant more so when they get towards the end.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Doc, do you mind taking some close up pics on how your holding down your plants, where abouts and how many spots please? I know your using hooks made from the coat hangers but mostly looking to see exactly where your grabbing the plants from and how many hooks your using to do this? Thanks!

Looking good:dance013:

DrFever

Veteran
I don't see any holes.So do you saturate most of the soil,part,or what?

Just wona know,I'm guessing part.

I think you said before there kinda on the small side.

I see now,looks like part.Sorry,I meant more so when they get towards the end.

Actually in these totes i won't bother as i do 4 day watering cycles meaning water less but more often i firmly am against drenching soils , and or catching returns reason is roots needs to exchange gases also have air in it so when you drench your soil your litterally slowing growth to a halt stressing root systems ?? Mj likes dryer soils also being these are not my final totes ???
so i won;t need to worry to much about salt build up as i am growing organics style soils with nutrients of humixes and fulvixes

Doc, do you mind taking some close up pics on how your holding down your plants, where abouts and how many spots please? I know your using hooks made from the coat hangers but mostly looking to see exactly where your grabbing the plants from and how many hooks your using to do this? Thanks!

Looking good:dance013:
Will do later on this evening

Hi are you useing clones

do you have a mother plant or just useing seeds

There clones from 2 mother plants

Been using 100% organic soil since I started,but i do give my plants a good watering.Then up to a week before the next watering(this obviously varies) So they go through a nice wet dry cycle.

I know it deprives them from oxygen for a period of time.I do water in the AM.I also am in a very dry environment.

Plants like a wet dry cycle from my experience.

I've only notice people watering lightly when they are small,and in a large container.I always transplant from 20 0z cups,to 1 gallon,to three.Switching to two gallon in the final stretch.I found to much wasted space with the three.This is with indica dom plants.Sativa dom plants usually fill them in.

Latest posts

Latest posts