What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Grinspoon

G

growhigh1233

they dudes,just to let you know im still alive iv been on holiday and had a few weeks weed free ......... all the grinspoons have reveged, and im now slowly but surely smoking testing for the best pheno .......... its exceptional stuff, i will write you all the smoke report pretty soon with some pics of the product

G

growhigh1233

picture.php
picture.php

not a bad job to have i suppose :D

Reactions: ojd
I wish someone would run a pack of Grinspoon outdoors in California. That would be so awesome seeing a massive thirty foot tall special Grinspoon pheno.

i wish access to this strain was easier.im to afraid to buy from barneys and i dont know anyone with the cut,which is crazy because i can get some really killer cuts of ogs and other stuff but not these exotic sativas

Yeah I would imagine there are very few people in the world that have the Grinspoon cut. If I was rich, I would move near the equator for a while and grow a bunch of the exotic sativa varieties that most of us can't grow due to climate. Watermelon Hashplant from Bodhi seeds and Dr. Grinspoon from Barneys would be at the top of my list.

i wish access to this strain was easier.im to afraid to buy from barneys and i dont know anyone with the cut,which is crazy because i can get some really killer cuts of ogs and other stuff but not these exotic sativas

psyphish

Veteran
i seem to struggle finding real powerful sativas without indica influence , i love clear crisp highs ............ what are your favorite sativas you've tried ?

ACE Seeds. The only non-clear sativa I've tried from them was Malawi, kind of exhausting.

jefe noche

I have this cutting!!! She is a beauty. I have seen her here in Northern California get 12 feet tall and 20 feet wide!!

expealadocious

I remember seeing this on a seed site and thought the bud structure , although it looked neat, also looked...terrible in a way too. Like tiny balls on sticks... neat though.
Seems like a really low yielder

psyphish

Veteran
I'm sure this strain isn't even worth growing. The abysmally low yield makes it even worse.

There are plenty of trippy, potent sativas that yield a lot, I'm sure Golden Tiger blows this stuff out of the water.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
I'm sure this strain isn't even worth growing. The abysmally low yield makes it even worse.

There are plenty of trippy, potent sativas that yield a lot, I'm sure Golden Tiger blows this stuff out of the water.

thats why this strain is called "pearl necklace" :)

G

growhigh1233

======SMOKE REPORT======

after a long and storied testing period im finally here with a report of the enigmatic dr grinspoon,a bit of a cult plant over in the dam among seasoned smokers and one rarely grown out thoroughly in seed form , my journey started with a 10 pack of the strain , i suspect they had been on the shelf for a good while as only 7 of them popped which was pretty disappointing,the seeds even looked old and shriveled to the eye, so maybe i was lucky to get even 7. the plants in early stage showed moderate vigour with unmistakable sativa characteristics, i don't think there is any indica influence in this line at all. altho the lineage is disputed, some say its a neville's haze stand out,while others point to the quaze story of it been out of a sativa bag seed grow,out of the 7 plants only 3 showed the characteristic elongated bead like calalixs running down the length of the stem , the other 4 showed somewhat normal sativa growth as you can see from the pics in this thread, they all finished around the same time around the 80 day mark significantly shorter than the stated growing period of 100 days, altho i did do this grow in hydro and suppose if i really wanted to i could of left them flower another 2 weeks but they seemed nicely ripe to me , funnily enough , the 3 'grinspoon phenos' were all the best smokes out of the 7 ,the other phenos had similar highs but less intense, less concentrated, and that's backed up visually to, even know the grinspoon has small bead like catalysts the concentration of resin on that small surface area is quite remarkable .. pound for pound cm for cm mm for mm .......... this is the most resinous plant iv ever grown

the high
when dry this strain resembles the stuff you find at the bottom of your recently empty stash box.. tiny chunks of glistening plant matter, twiggy ,messy, .. but absolutely drenched in resin ... the smell is haze n citrus which does transcend to the flavor of the smoke with 1 of the 3 grinspoon phenos having slightly more twang in the smell department, upon taking a hit of a freshly rolled blunt the first thing that hits you is its neutrality, its smoothness, the smoke it produces has to be some of the mildest smoothest iv ever experienced its almost like taking a hit of a E cigarette ( nicotine vaporizer)but that's were the ineffectuality ends ... the high is slow coming , a creeper. your mind slowly starts playing tricks on you, sound distortions, a heightened awareness, a sense a trepidation... that keeps getting stronger n stronger , found myself looking for things to distract me from the feeling, music , tv, internet, all seemed to just make these feelings more intense more distorted and bizarre .. i have to say this stuff is the closest iv had to having a LSD like experience from weed, but of course in a subtle n nuanced way ..to sum it up simply its a mind fuck ....... can't think of any better way to describe it, it's the sort of weed that turns the mundane into the exciting, the boring into the euphoric.... but it can become a little unnerving and trippy, the longevity of the high was excellent to,you feel like your never coming down, but when you do its clear no grogginess or fogginess

so to sum up, the grinspoon all in all lived up to expectations, so easy to see now why it is such a highly regarded plant over in Amsterdam but perversely also why not many people ever grow it out .. long flower period heavy stretch and very low yield ............ that said tho .in my own opinion, the effort is well worth the reward ......experience wise, smoke for smoke, it's in the top 3 best sativa's iv ever experienced !

:tiphat:

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Nice resin and report.

It would be hard to make your money back on the price of the pack of seed with such low yield.

How many weeks did they take to finish? I'd grow it, but head stash only.

G

growhigh1233

Nice resin and report.

It would be hard to make your money back on the price of the pack of seed with such low yield.

How many weeks did they take to finish? I'd grow it, but head stash only.

ohh yeah this is defo not a plant to make money on .... its one you grow for the love of growing..... and smoking :biggrin:

takes about 12 weeks after first hairs appear....i truely realize why its so pricey over in the dam

excellent sativa tho, world class

Latest posts

Latest posts