What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr grinspoon is still alive?

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
it kind of all adds to the mystique for me ...im sure multiple seed lines throw out pearl phenos, many a pic here on the boards of grinspoon like phenos, but i don't think simply having that growth characteristic qualifies though,...it has to have the insane resin production to go with it .....i see allot of haye grinspoon phenos, but not many that glisten with resin like the original quaze pics barnyes farm used .....im sure someone in Holland must still hold the original cutting ..whatever its origin

Piff_cat

it kind of all adds to the mystique for me ...im sure multiple seed lines throw out pearl phenos, many a pic here on the boards of grinspoon like phenos, but i don't think simply having that growth characteristic qualifies though,...it has to have the insane resin production to go with it .....i see allot of haye grinspoon phenos, but not many that glisten with resin like the original quaze pics barnyes farm used .....im sure someone in Holland must still hold the original cutting ..whatever its origin
i very much agree it also seems like a particular trichome type. they are like little sand bullets and instead of fields of trichomes its like hail storm. the stems also are covered along with most sugar leaves. the best non grinspoon plant ive found was this outback haze x vietnam from dj. ive also noticed oaxcan lines have alot of these phenos including mystic funks old mexican line is insane looking
calyxmon.jpg
calyxxxmon.jpg

mystic funk
1692324076398.jpeg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pearl phenos in the Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil and Australian Outback defo are full of Resin calyx's but defo not as potent as the Original Gringspoon as these phenos are Pure Sativa with zero indica detected at all and even the best Nevil Haze's there at least 5-10 Indica detected so you can't really compare them.
Some of these Pearl phenos are defo the purest Sativa I've ever experienced ove the years with zero Indica detected at all.

I have several Mango dominant strains Silver Nevil and Silver Nevil hybrids with the most Mango Terps.

Pure Silver Nevil is excellent but not a great yielder ( not tiny a medium
yielder) or the Silver Nevil Jones , a much larger yielding Silver Nevil leaning strain.

OntologicalTurn

Yeah, it's not just about the pheno.
memory mixed with nostalgia does not help much to stay objective, but I do remember that pheno pearl has a higher effect than normal pheno high, a lot of small trichomes and a special flavor.

piffcat, don't you think that by crossing the latest releases of barneys grinspoon (even though they have already lost the pheno perla), with let's say, some southeast asian landrace that shows those characteristics, like some of the zomia ones for example, and then crossing later generations looking for the recessive genes, and then crossing it again with the mother of barneys farm, will something similar to the original be obtained?

NOREGRETZ

My dr grinspoon had a great effect, not very strong or long lasting. 2 hours max, but made me feel good, visual enlightenment, zero body weight, could be productive at work and could smoke this all day. the plants smelt like green mango, a very pleasant smell for me and at some point in flowering they smelt like cat pee, I think you have to grow too many plants to find something excellent but I don't think it's worth the price.. my plants had seeds from my malawixpck f1 males, I think they complement each other well 😉

I also grow in Mexico, so the long flowering varieties are suitable for me

Attachments

• 20220905_195945.jpg
    20220905_195945.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220910_144540.jpg
    20220910_144540.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220910_150052.jpg
    20220910_150052.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220814_105146.jpg
    20220814_105146.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 85

NOREGRETZ

The pearl phenos in the Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil and Australian Outback defo are full of Resin calyx's but defo not as potent as the Original Gringspoon as these phenos are Pure Sativa with zero indica detected at all and even the best Nevil Haze's there at least 5-10 Indica detected so you can't really compare them.
Some of these Pearl phenos are defo the purest Sativa I've ever experienced ove the years with zero Indica detected at all.

I have several Mango dominant strains Silver Nevil and Silver Nevil hybrids with the most Mango Terps.

Pure Silver Nevil is excellent but not a great yielder ( not tiny a medium
yielder) or the Silver Nevil Jones , a much larger yielding Silver Nevil leaning strain.
I would like to grow your australian outback and cross it with some male Asian neville from maha or with tom haze, do these have a short duration effect like outback haze? I can't buy many seeds I have limited resources lol how many seeds do you recommend to grow to find a good female?

OntologicalTurn

My dr grinspoon had a great effect, not very strong or long lasting. 2 hours max, but made me feel good, visual enlightenment, zero body weight, could be productive at work and could smoke this all day. the plants smelt like green mango, a very pleasant smell for me and at some point in flowering they smelt like cat pee, I think you have to grow too many plants to find something excellent but I don't think it's worth the price.. my plants had seeds from my malawixpck f1 males, I think they complement each other well 😉

I also grow in Mexico, so the long flowering varieties are suitable for me
eres el mismo que en overgrow? yo soy tecolote.

de que año son tus grinspoon compa?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Charles (Dave) Scott – reeferman - was the source for many of Barney’s foundation strains. He brought Pink Kush from Vancouver Island – it started as bagseed in some weed that came with a hash shipment from the Hindu Kush in Pakistan. Barney’s Acapulco Gold is his Apple Pie x Nepalese. Etc etc. Grinspoon was his version of the Quaze that was floating around Amsterdam. He has said that he doesn’t have an original mother and that he would re-work it from old stock that has survived in private hands.

He told me yesterday that he did make seeds at his farm this winter but they are untested at this point.
Quaze was around in Amsterdam years before Charles turned up

Gringspoon was a quaze hybrid I believe.

Charles took credit for several Dutch strains which he did not create but maybe made X's with the legendary clones when Charles worked in Holland

I offer 2 strains from Nevil's Grail project both using different Pearl phenos

African pearls = Outback Haze clone ( Pearl pheno) x Dankincense Male ( NH23 x Kariba African x Original Diesel) NH23 x Kariba dom Male

Or

Chem d Spoon = Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil clone ( Pearl pheno)
X Chem d Madness Male ( Chem d clone x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness Male)

Anyone who post pics or logs is welcome to a FREE pack if running a log in my section
Or if you post pics or logs Regularly 50% off , or if you never run logs or post pics 33% off

Email me for info

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would like to grow your australian outback and cross it with some male Asian neville from maha or with tom haze, do these have a short duration effect like outback haze? I can't buy many seeds I have limited resources lol how many seeds do you recommend to grow to find a good female?
To me you get at least a good female every pack from these Nevil Grail hybrids i put out, some strains multiple keepers per pack like Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil.

1 Feminized pack is enough , but of course the more seeds you run the more you see.

Piff_cat

Quaze was around in Amsterdam years before Charles turned up

Gringspoon was a quaze hybrid I believe.

Charles took credit for several Dutch strains which he did not create but maybe made X's with the legendary clones when Charles worked in Holland

I offer 2 strains from Nevil's Grail project both using different Pearl phenos

African pearls = Outback Haze clone ( Pearl pheno) x Dankincense Male ( NH23 x Kariba African x Original Diesel) NH23 x Kariba dom Male

Or

Chem d Spoon = Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil clone ( Pearl pheno)
X Chem d Madness Male ( Chem d clone x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness Male)

Anyone who post pics or logs is welcome to a FREE pack if running a log in my section
Or if you post pics or logs Regularly 50% off , or if you never run logs or post pics 33% off

Email me for info
this is really great line breeding man. i see now where i got confused in the other thread. 3 kariba matings-
nh23 x kariba
dankincense= (nh23 x kariba) x diesel
kariba female x nh3 f1= nevs nickname frankenfuel

did you also get the f1 frankenfuel with the nh3 male?? and what do you know if anything about the nh15 long flowering male used by bisheed

also did u preserve your ag13 freak male as father or stash pollen? id say thats the most haze A influenced breeding plant

here are some pics of zimbabwe from karl hillig study in 95 very close to kariba
View attachment 1695164297437.jpeg
View attachment 1695164372020.jpeg
View attachment 1695164426228.jpeg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is really great line breeding man. i see now where i got confused in the other thread. 3 kariba matings-
nh23 x kariba
dankincense= (nh23 x kariba) x diesel
kariba female x nh3 f1= nevs nickname frankenfuel

did you also get the f1 frankenfuel with the nh3 male?? and what do you know if anything about the nh15 long flowering male used by bisheed

also did u preserve your ag13 freak male as father or stash pollen? id say thats the most haze A influenced breeding plant

here are some pics of zimbabwe from karl hillig study in 95 very close to kariba
View attachment 18892676
View attachment 18892677
View attachment 18892678
No I didn't recieve the Kariba x NH3 just the NH23 x Kariba

I didn't recieve the NH15 x's , just these X's
NH23, NH21, NH18

I don't know any info on the NH15

No I don't hold the AG13 Freak Male or pollen but kept the last 500 seeds of Haze Freak for myself ( available on Triple list but finished on normal stocklist) and run them at least twice a year and offer several Haze Freak x's most on the Triple list like

East Coast Sour Freak = ECSD clone Meltingpot cut X Original Haze Freak Male

Triangle Freak = Triangle kush clone only x GSC clone Forum cut x Original Haze Freak Male

Strawberry Haze Freak = Strawberry Cough clone only x Original Haze Freak Male

2nd pic from Karl's pic has a similar look from buds and pistils colours but much smaller bud sizes than the NH23 x Kariba, they not huge but NH23 x Kariba much bigger and dense than those pics for a Haze ( Heavy A Haze leaning, Extreme Spices and Incense, will blow any Haze A chaser away Guaranteed)

Reactions: Gry

Piff_cat

No I didn't recieve the Kariba x NH3 just the NH23 x Kariba

I didn't recieve the NH15 x's , just these X's
NH23, NH21, NH18

I don't know any info on the NH15

No I don't hold the AG13 Freak Male or pollen but kept the last 500 seeds of Haze Freak for myself ( available on Triple list but finished on normal stocklist) and run them at least twice a year and offer several Haze Freak x's most on the Triple list like

East Coast Sour Freak = ECSD clone Meltingpot cut X Original Haze Freak Male

Triangle Freak = Triangle kush clone only x GSC clone Forum cut x Original Haze Freak Male

Strawberry Haze Freak = Strawberry Cough clone only x Original Haze Freak Male

2nd pic from Karl's pic has a similar look from buds and pistils colours but much smaller bud sizes than the NH23 x Kariba, they not huge but NH23 x Kariba much bigger and dense than those pics for a Haze ( Heavy A Haze leaning, Extreme Spices and Incense, will blow any Haze A chaser away Guaranteed)
Cool thanks for info Strawberry cough x freak sounds great

TrippyUpHigh

View attachment 18908775
Dr grinspoon x (malawi/pck)
Classic grinspoon growth (was the mother I assume?) with the usual pck look and a hint of malawi with the big calyxes in it. Hence the nice color and mostly uplifting maybe slightly trippy would be my guess. Looks great in any means!

Just finished the grinspoon cross project, phenotypes quite unstable have to work it out further. Might or might not post some pics soon.

Gry

Veteran
The genetics look like a real nice mixed cross of genetics from SE Asia.
Can't help but be reminded of the original Thai cannabis with tiny buds.
lashed to a splint of stem and tied on with strips of the male plant.

NOREGRETZ

20231111_063502.jpg
20231111_063446.jpg
20231111_063432.jpg

1 mes después del corte. parece heno, se fue la luminosidad del dr grinspoon, daba una leve borrachera, ojos rojos y boca seca. No fumaba rico.. al menos en esta planta.. talvez haga (dr grinspoon x mpck f1) x (mpck f2)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I grew 3 Barney's Grinspoon that were released a few years ago. It was ok but nothing like what I suspect it used to be. All mine were feather duster phenos. Not a bad high, but not good enough for me. Still have 3 seeds left and not sure whether to pop them or not?

Noregretz, I grew a couple of the Australian Outback and they grew like very old sativa's. Tiny flowers but reasonably potent. I quite liked it but have other options that I liked more. I will grow the rest out though. I still have 2 or 3 seeds I have not grown yet.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I grew 3 Barney's Grinspoon that were released a few years ago. It was ok but nothing like what I suspect it used to be. All mine were feather duster phenos. Not a bad high, but not good enough for me. Still have 3 seeds left and not sure whether to pop them or not?

I am the same but I only grew one. The hash I made from it is the real magic - a beautiful wake & bake with a wonderful warm & fuzzy feel good high that is energizing but very manageable. :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts