What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr. Atomic Shiva

BC*Dankster*

The grow went ok. Ended up with 7 females, and there were about 4 dif phenos. They all were done by 8 weeks, although I let em go for almost 9. I'll post dried bud shots of 6 of the 7 females in about a week... You guys can add finished product and go from there . I'd have to say there was one keeper . Nothing crazy, but had a few traits that I was looking for .

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Bump...

I too have a pack of these in the fridge waiting their turn.

Would love to see some pics and hear if this is the extreme couchlocker it claims to be. (Please!)

As of now I plan to start these mid to late summer and document their progress, not sure yet if that will translate into a diary or not. We’ll see.

BC*Dankster*

Hey, they are not "extreme couch locker" as they claim. I bought the seeds on that premise , and was kind of disappointed . The strain is not stable, and out of 7 females there were 4 dif phenos. A few were pretty good, but extreme couch lock .... Nah

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hey, they are not "extreme couch locker" as they claim. I bought the seeds on that premise , and was kind of disappointed . The strain is not stable, and out of 9 females there were 6 dif phenos. A few were pretty good, but extreme couch lock .... Nah

Well that's a bummer. Considering how few strains the Dr. has and how long he's been at, it I assumed they'd be really stable. Guess I should know better than to assume...

Really appreciate the info — thanks!

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Hey, they are not "extreme couch locker" as they claim. I bought the seeds on that premise , and was kind of disappointed . The strain is not stable, and out of 7 females there were 4 dif phenos. A few were pretty good, but extreme couch lock .... Nah

Thanks for the report, sorry to hear bro. I too had the same experience with his NL, phenos all over the place. Never found anything worthwhile out of 4 packs. Was hoping you'd get me excited enough to pop my Shiva...back to the vault they go!!!

Peace
BM

Well that's a bummer. Considering how few strains the Dr. has and how long he's been at, it I assumed they'd be really stable. Guess I should know better than to assume...

Really appreciate the info — thanks!

I had a slightly different experience with this varietal.. 5 females and 4 were identical in almost every way. They were very short, very little stretch so longer veg is a must. Very leafy so even with 2-3 ft tall plants the bottoms were shaded and larfy. Took a little longer to trim than most others I ran with them. All finished in 50-60 days with average yield. Even though they finished at didffernt times they looked, smelled and smoked identical, with some having a slightly different buzz, very, very, very, slight, so much that there's no way a beginner or average smoker could not tell them apart visually or in a smoke test. Light hash and medicine cabinet aroma..

Potency 7/10
Flavor 6/10
Smell 5-10
Quality of buzz 7.5/10
Appearance was good but leafy so extra trimming is required. Dark pale green with small, fine pistils. Probably a good hash plant.
Very physical and relaxing without being overpowering. Classic indica effects. Smoking more makes it stronger unlike some strains. Not good for commercial but for someone that wants a medium+ potency strain that finishes relatively quick it's a good choice. Not everyone wants extreme terps and crazy potency.

The fifth pheno took 60 days and was twice as tall as the others with great yield and 8-8.5/10 potency wise. Smelled different yet related. Extremely fast veg and very vigorous. This is all A grade 90's weed, but now there are plants that grow better and have more terps. I think less terpy weed has a place because some people want a boring buzz for relaxing sometimes (me). The pic on his website looks exactly like the common phenos I found. I've never grown such a stable strain. This is only based on one pack of seeds and 5 females so it's not an absolute by any means.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Principante 8,

Great, and appreciated, details.

I’m currently searching for a day-ending, couch-locking, worry-free, soon to be asleep (within two hours), relaxing-comfortableness, strain. Something I want to keep.

I’d like this selection to smell and taste like, well — weed!

Yield isn't important: quality over quantity.

It sounds to me that Atomic Shiva is still a contender and shouldn’t sit out the next run. The heads-up on the extra veg time means it should pair nicely for a run with G-SUS.

Oh, and:

...This is all A grade 90's weed...

Now we're talkin' shop!

Seriously, this is where my thoughts are.

Many thanks!

We never tested the shorter common phenos but the tall fast growing one was 22? 23% THC we got a bunch of strains tested that run so I can't remember exactly. I think this was total THC so still coming in around 20% which is solid. It def was way better pot all around than the shorter ones, though maybe a touch less physical. Day ender for me is bubba kush or SoCal master Kush. There's stronger out there but it will work every time for sleep and relaxation without messing with your brain so much.. Stoned not high. For reference I'm a 20 year smoker and smoke 2+ grams day. The Shiva will do the job but I need way more and I won't sleep all the way through the night. Not many varietals will keep me sleeping so this isn't a knock on the strain. If you're insomniac then kush, not OG types. Bohdi has a few SoCal master crosses which I have yet to try. Not sure where else to find it really. Bubba shows in most crosses but there are s-1 out there for pretty cheap too. I recently purchased White Beelzebubba from karma genetics after a friend emailed him basically your exact criteria. He had other bubba but said this would be the day ender, keep you sleeping type of weed. Good luck

I should mention that the atomic Shiva was a bit of an aphrodisiac and was appreciated by my female patients.. Women usually don't want incredibly strong weed so if you are married or a woman than this is good selection. It's also physical enough to help with spasms, cramps etc without ripping your face off. Not a cash cropper strain and had to push it at 2000 when most others were 2400 and tip top OG and cookies at 2800. The nature of the market is about flash and bling so price is not an indicator of quality. I grew all phenos twice.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
We never tested the shorter common phenos but the tall fast growing one was 22? 23% THC we got a bunch of strains tested that run so I can't remember exactly. I think this was total THC so still coming in around 20% which is solid. It def was way better pot all around than the shorter ones, though maybe a touch less physical. Day ender for me is bubba kush or SoCal master Kush. There's stronger out there but it will work every time for sleep and relaxation without messing with your brain so much.. Stoned not high. For reference I'm a 20 year smoker and smoke 2+ grams day. The Shiva will do the job but I need way more and I won't sleep all the way through the night. Not many varietals will keep me sleeping so this isn't a knock on the strain. If you're insomniac then kush, not OG types. Bohdi has a few SoCal master crosses which I have yet to try. Not sure where else to find it really. Bubba shows in most crosses but there are s-1 out there for pretty cheap too. I recently purchased White Beelzebubba from karma genetics after a friend emailed him basically your exact criteria. He had other bubba but said this would be the day ender, keep you sleeping type of weed. Good luck

I’ve never had Bubba Kush but it has made it onto my radar as a possibility. Appreciate the recommendation.

Context is, oh-so-important. I’ve been indulging for just over thirty years now. I think my tolerance is somewhat high. So potency is somewhat important. As a day-ender it’s not something I want to have to smoke a lot of to get where I wanna go. I think 20% should suffice. And maybe you’ve summed up best what I’m after: “stoned not high”.

I work an off shift. My work is physical and often results in aches and pains. I am also, at the end of the workday, tired. So it’s not that I’m necessarily looking for an extreme sleep inducing strain, in and of itself, but rather one that might help towards that end and definitely not fight against it. I like to get home, shower, indulge a bit, and then veg on the couch for a couple hours before turning in.

Years ago I really enjoyed Paradise’s Amsterdam Flame. But as best I can tell, it’s no longer available. I have no experience with Bohdi but have read good things.

Please keep us informed about White Beelzebubba.

And welcome to the site! I’m new too but I’ve found there to be some REALLY knowledgable and nice folks here!

Thanks again!

Schnazzleberry #2 from Chimera seeds is also a great choice. Very strong and unique aromas and its not a kush. You will loosen up when you blow out your first hit.

. If you haven't tried a true kush like bubba it might be hard to understand how well it works. It's another level than most strains for what it does. I've grown about 30 ten packs of seeds and dozens and dozens of strains from clone shops in California and I've come across some fantastic cannabis but to take away anxiety, relax muscles, relax mind, sleep through the night, there's really only a few that help me and this is true for many people with my condition. Almost any indica will pass me out if I smoke a giant hooter, but It sucks waking up 3 hours before work because the weed wore off.. I've grown like 20 og's, cookies , etc .. Many of the new fancy hyped strains, and while being generally better than Amsterdam strains, they still couldn't keep me sleeping or provide the physical And mental relaxation I needed until I came across pre 98 bubba.. A lot of OG heads and sativa lovers think bubba is a joke because it won't get you as 'fucked up' but it is true medicine for the body.. I've been growing since 2001 and before that I was more into distribution so I'd see 2-3 strains a week for several years, so I have a very good basis for comparison. Ive also bee into about 50 dispensaries over the years. As I mentioned above, since you haven't tried a bubba or So Cal master Kush (not just Master kush, but specifically the SoCal cutting) then get some seeds 100000% . Your search will be over. Then do some exploring to see if you can supplement that. Verdantgreen has s-1 bubba for cheap. Haven't tried but s1 would be hard to screw up since its just the plant pollinating itself, so there's no breeding skills needed for successful offspring.

I haven't tried Amsterdam flame but grew Sinsi Star from paradise seeds back in 02 and had several phenos that were all very potent and couchy but still not same ballpark as bubba. I hope you find what youre looking for..Thanks for the warm welcome..

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Funny you mention #2, I was looking at Schnazzleberry #3, thinking about it, but I thought too long and it sold out at the shop where I was going to get it from. I’ve read lots of raves and requests to bring back #2. I don’t believe it’s readily available in seed form any longer.

I grew Sensi Star as well, around ’03. I liked it, but the pheons I found didn’t lend themselves to relaxing the mind, they had a bit too much of a cerebral effect. I found the Flame to be true to its description in the BBofBs: “Potentially a sleeper, Amsterdam Flame is more inclined to a euphoric ease, with a body sensation like a marijuana massage.”

At any rate, I’m going with your recommendation. I’ll start looking to see what I can find out there Bubba Kush wise. Probably grab some of the Verdantgreen version you mention and maybe Reeferman’s version...

I really appreciate your thoughtful replies/recommendations!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
THANKS to whomever the lead about #2 came from!

I could’ve swore I had read that it was no longer available.

Yeah I found with sensi star the '_lemon metal' flavored ones were not my cup of tea either. Confused the mind. I kept one feamle of the six that was not a mindbender but extremely potent and stinky and miles away from the common phenos in terms of flavor and aromas. I guess I kinda forgot about all the ones I didn't keep around.

I picked up another pack of Schnazz #2 last month out of fear they wouldn't be available when I needed them. At the price I couldn't resist. I wanted a couple but didn't have the cashola..

I grew schnazzleberry #1 many years ago and the domino phenos can really tear you up, so you might find some phenos that confuse the mind a little like sensi star , but crossing with blueberry mutes that in the #2 from the 3 phenos I saw. Not much to go on I know, but it would be s bummer if you planted a few seeds and got more heady pheno, and were discouraged about the rest.

Good luck, but I'd say def get bubba first, at any cost.. This is coming from insomniac, with a bad back, pinched nerves, muscles spasming like crazy and to top it off my anxiety is through the roof, which is originally why I started using so much cannabis as a teenager.. The physical properties were a bonus and a blessing..

Croissant

Ill put my 2 cents in here. while bubba is great and what I typically smoke. I have to say Deep Chunk is on a complete other level to even bubba for anxiety relief, pain, clarity of through, and insomnia.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks for chiming in, Croissant. I’ll have to look into DC.

I apologize if this thread is now off topic with the discussion of Bubba. I wasn’t sure if I should start a new thread or not with the following question:

Does anyone have experience with Dianfem’s Bubba?

This is available through a vendor that I’ve dealt with a few times now and am very satisfied with their service.

Thanks croissant. I've never tried the deep chunk.

I've only grown bubba clones so I can't comment on whose seeds are better or not, that's why I recommended an s1. This might not be the best recommendation for bubba beans but if you get 5-10 females I don't see how you couldn't find a pretty close copy. I don't trust non Canadian or USA breeding because I'm not a fan of the dutch genetics. Maybe if I liked Sativa more I'd try the hazes, but for indica no way I'm ordering from Dutch or Spanish. I've not had good luck so far. I did pick up some Karma OG and biker along with white Beelzebubba which is from a dutch company, but this is for comparison purposes as it seems like they specialize in OG and I wanted to compare to Cali clones and the DNA ogs I grew. So as i type this it seems I talk out of my ass, lol...Also Canadian Co's use the katsu cut a lot which I have never knowingly tried. I've tried dozens of 'Bubbas' from shops that were similar yet slightly different and most did the trick. A friend grew bubba from greenhouse seeds and it wasn't even remotely similar. I only saw one plant though, and it was five years ago.

Also don't be afraid of the Atomic Shiva if you have the space. It's good day off weed. Indica qualities and won't send you to the couch unless you really smoke a bunch, then it will for sure. Many consider sativa to be daytime weed, but not for me most of the time, it gets my mind racing too much. I need indica that won't be day ender but is physical, relaxing and anxiety relief. Shiva was good for that. I did test very large joints at night and they did help with sleep to some extent. Don't want to smoke bubba before a party or if you want to be social around non potheads. I have a ton of clones, and many seeds to pop so the atomic shiva hasn't been in the garden for a while. Some of the social indica hybrids like grapefruit with a lot of terps will alter my mood and perception more.. AS is fairly bland so it has less influence over my mind, and is a nice option on many occasion. Interesting smell and flavor though. Not like white rice.. To me it was light hash with a touch of black licorice or anise, maybe a hint of pine but all aromas were fairly muted.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I’m guessing that Dinafem’s version is an S1 as well. It doesn’t specify, but it does say it’s from an elite pre ’98 Bubba clone. I’ll give it a whirl.

I’d order VerdantGreen’s version but ordering from there seems very convoluted. I spent way too much time reading FAQs trying to understand if I can place an order with each and make one payment... i.e., are they each operating autonomously or are they one and the same.

I’m currently focusing on getting Canadian genetics myself. Spent many years with the Dutch stuff. So I’m definitely still going with Atomic Shiva. I’ve wanted to try it for a long time and I’m still looking forward to running it. Smells like a medicine cabinet, I like the sound of that. Your description leads me to believe that it should fit the bill for the set and setting I plan to use it in.

Thanks, and best to you and your adventures!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
:bump:

Finally popped half a pack of Atomic Shiva. Found five happy healthy seedlings. From a pack that I've had for about five years. One declared male early. Of the remaining four, the two on the left are girls. I think the back right is a girl but not sure yet. The front right one is so densely packed that I cannot even get in there to check. Will have to trim up considerably just to get a look. Will be up potting them and putting into flower once all declare.

These are super slow growing. They were seeds on 10/15. But they all have a wonderful “fresh” smell. Anyway, more often than not those that are slow going end up having the qualities I prefer. So will be interesting to see what they bring. My interest in these plants is growing by the day.

(Kinda funny to read some of my first posts.)

:laughing:

Atomic Shiva:

picture.php