What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr. Atomic Shiva

Desert Dan

Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with this strain??? Can't seem to find much info on it besides the breeder's description...

Desert Dan

Veteran
Medical??? As in pain/insomnia??? How would it compare to some of the other top indicas out right now???

bigbag

Veteran
yes for pain/insomnia... it kicks ass on many of the top indicas for potency, hits like a lead pipe to the cerebral cortex ! doesnt have the taste of the kushs', but rather a dry, piney, hash taste. would put this up against alot of heavy hitters, and shiva would win. Dr.A is a legendary breeder here in BC, straight outta da' old school

Jamm

Dr Atomic is a real great Breeder.
I not cultivate the Blueberry Jam (just smoked !) and is similar =
real TOP !!!!!!!!

:tiphat:
peace and respect !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
shiva, i think, is like northern lights, and white widow. they are all awesome in their own right, but, have been around so long, and with things like chem and sour diesel being all the rage now, they, kind of, have taken a back seat.
sad, really, because shiva, northern lights, and white widow are all easy grows and great smokes.......
maybe that helps, dan. not really sure why shiva isnt so popular anymore. a well grown shiva can compete with the present popular strains, in my honest opinion.
there are still a few breeders out there (mostly dutch) that still offer shiva in pure form, and have a few crosses with shiva in it as well. shouldnt be too hard to find, if interested.
if your looking for "thumbs up" or "thumbs down.."

id say "thumbs up"
its easy to grow and usually yields well.
the smoke is almost haze-like in tastes and can get downright narcotic if taken to full maturity.

-cap

Desert Dan

Veteran
Thanks for the insight hubcap... I have been thinking to myself for a while now about the whole chem/diesel/kush rage right now and some of the best strains I have ever sampled are the ones people now label as "Old School." I don't find the og kush/chemdawg highs very pleasant.... Different strokes I suppose

bigbag

Veteran
hard 2 go wrong with any of the doc's wares, shiva is real nice pot if you dig indicas. keep us posted...

pokergod

Old school is where its at, thank god, there are people keeping the genes going!

Attachments

• old school.jpg
    old school.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 11

BC*Dankster*

Hey , popped some Atomic Shivas a month ago. They are growing very nicely, but I had a few questions. How do they yield? Are there different phenotypes? I see that BigBag commented on smell and flavor, but does anyone have a photo of finished product? Will they work well in krusty buckets? Also, I have been doing OG trees for quite some time, how would these compare? Thanks everyone.... Any input is appreciated.

mukuku

expect big yield with Dr Atomic gear ! his NL is one of the best NL for sure and upgrade everything

BC*Dankster*

An atomic shiva grow. Plants are approx 9 weeks old. Just put into flower. There isn't much info about this strain, so I hope to bring some light on the subject...

Attachments

• 20150530_143200.jpg
    20150530_143200.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20150530_143133.jpg
    20150530_143133.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20150530_143115.jpg
    20150530_143115.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 16