What's new

DoubleTripleOG's Whorehouse

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
ive got a chem d, some super snow lotus and some bugman c99f2s boys, how do you choose which ones to keep around dtog?

They need to stink on a stem rub, have great structure(like a nice female plant does) , and barely show sex in veg. That's how I've been deciding which males to keep. I always clone them before using to make seeds or flipping for pollen. That way if they make killer hybrids with plants I already I have grown a bit. I know they are worth keeping around to keep making seeds with.

There's nothing special in what I do. I just pick the plants I like, and cross the varieties I want to combine to see what they turn out like. I read something by one of the more famous breeders, I think it was Nevil. "Find a nice male and cross him to all your favorite females. Grow those seeds and figure out which variety the male mixed best with, or you like the most. Then continue the work from there". That's not an exact quote, but it was something to that effect, and it stuck in my head.

Miraculous Meds

Still no real short cuts to growing out the offspring for male qualities passed on. Ive played with reversing males to see how the female form produces resin, and structure to some degree. But mainly im after what strength of aroma, effect, and trichome production they can produce in the female form. I believe there is merit to the testing, but its just a more refined way to chose the best of a sample of several that carry a say "berry" terpene. Standard breeding and flowering out the males will get you close to the same results, but out of 100 seed pool, and 50 males, I think you would stand a chance of finding the best of 5 berry smelling males. With the reverse test, you can definitively choose the best 1 or 2 berry smelling specimens. But does it pass on to the offspring? Testing will tell..

mushroombrew

Veteran
Still no real short cuts to growing out the offspring for male qualities passed on. Ive played with reversing males to see how the female form produces resin, and structure to some degree. But mainly im after what strength of aroma, effect, and trichome production they can produce in the female form. I believe there is merit to the testing, but its just a more refined way to chose the best of a sample of several that carry a say "berry" terpene. Standard breeding and flowering out the males will get you close to the same results, but out of 100 seed pool, and 50 males, I think you would stand a chance of finding the best of 5 berry smelling males. With the reverse test, you can definitively choose the best 1 or 2 berry smelling specimens. But does it pass on to the offspring? Testing will tell..

That's my theory. I chose on structure and terps. Then I hit a shitload of strains. The passed on traits will be obvious.

Test chuck. Then narrow down his breeding qualities. Sometimes the test chucks are bomb. Sometimes its back to the drawing board.

mushroombrew

Veteran
The Stud

The Stud

picture.php

picture.php

Badfishy1

DTOG just wanted to say thank you to you and all the whorehouse patrons. Around the scene so many growers get bigheads and become legends in their own mind then everything becomes a dick measuring contest. (Not so much on ICMAG, but other places on the Internet). However in the whorehouse, bangers are posted almost daily, but more importantly, vast amounts of knowledge is passed on by not only yourself, but MANY others also. You guys know who you are. Just wanted to thank everyone for keeping egos in check and making this thread so fun, light hearted and informative...

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
pics!!! please!!!

Ok. Here's some pics of the males I have kept since I started back up. Now you have to take into account, since I started back up in February , I have been popping mostly regular seeds. Out of all those plants I have only found 3 males I thought were worth keeping around. Of those 3, only one was selected by his genetics alone and not smell or structure(Alien Rift) .

I have a total of 5 males I'm keeping right now. The other 2 I have besides the 3 I selected, were gifted to me. I have 2 Copper Chem males. "The Stud" and "The Gift" . So here we go with some pics.

OG³ - I supercropped him a few days back. Made for even more tops, than he already had from "top stopping" .

picture.php

That light on the wall is one of those new LED fixtures from Home Depot. It's a T5 replacement fixture. Pretty bright, and emits almost zero heat.

Sky Pilot

picture.php

Copper Chem - "The Stud"

picture.php

Alien Rift - I love how WLD dom looking he is.

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
pics!!! please!!!

This was prolly what you were hoping for, instead of boring pics of vegging males, lol.

OG³ - I gotta go back and see when I flipped this plant. I know it must be getting close to being ready. Smell is all OG, and it's strong. But seeing how the genetics are TK, Tahoe and Biker, how could it not be OG smelling, lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ECSD S1 "C" - last run with this plant. Gonna give her sister the S1 "D" a few runs and see what's up.

picture.php

picture.php

Badfishy1

This was prolly what you were hoping for, instead of boring pics of vegging males, lol.

OG³ - I gotta go back and see when I flipped this plant. I know it must be getting close to being ready. Smell is all OG, and it's strong. But seeing how the genetics are TK, Tahoe and Biker, how could it not be OG smelling, lol.

View Image

View Image

View Image

ECSD S1 "C" - last run with this plant. Gonna give her sister the S1 "D" a few runs and see what's up.

View Image

View Image

That ecsd is beautiful! Gotta be hard to let go, but having to trade fire for fire is a position most would want to be in. Gotta get a crowdsource together to get you proper space. There has to be an empty warehouse somewhere for you. I’ve got 5 on it!

meadowman

thanks shroom and dtog! that stud looks great, what is the genetic background on him?
wow dtog, i see what u mean about the og3…..that bitch looks fire dude. i have a couple ecsd s1 pheno's i found u might be interested in, if you ever have room…lol
great show as always.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
That ecsd is beautiful! Gotta be hard to let go, but having to trade fire for fire is a position most would want to be in. Gotta get a crowdsource together to get you proper space. There has to be an empty warehouse somewhere for you. I’ve got 5 on it!

Soon enough man. Soon enough. We might move this spring. We'll see how things go. Finding a place in my price range, in an area that's acceptable to me, is what needs to happen. House with a basement and garage, with no neighbors close.

thanks shroom and dtog! that stud looks great, what is the genetic background on him?
wow dtog, i see what u mean about the og3…..that bitch looks fire dude. i have a couple ecsd s1 pheno's i found u might be interested in, if you ever have room…lol
great show as always.

I'd love to see what you found. You got the Dr. Greenthumb ECSD S1's right ? That's what the one's I have are. Yeah that OG³ male is nice looking. I can't wait to see what he looks like when I flower him.

(side note: to write OG³ like this, you need to have number lock on, then hold down alt, then the number pad on the right hand side of the keyboard, type 0179, while holding alt. Should put the cubed symbol right after the OG)

That Alien Rift male looks killer. It's definitely on my list of strains I'd like to try down the road.

I think he looks killer too. He's my favorite looking male, there's just something about him.. and I also have what I was told is the best female out of two packs of Alien Rift(Alien Rift #8) . The male I have is the last seed out of one of those packs. So I will be making F2's will the pollen I collect.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
So clones of each variety of the males I have, are rooted. Just put one of each in cups. Now just need to make a little area to keep these clones in veg. Then flip their fathers for pollen. Exciting times.

When I did that seed list/pic yesterday, I forgot about the Deep Chunk seeds I have. So more than likely gonna pop all of the Deep Chunk seeds, and then just a couple seeds each of a few other varieties. I really wanna see what's in the Deep Chunk, and find a couple to breed with. Plus I think they will do well outside where I am, and it's almost time to start gearing up for outdoor season.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Hmm Deep Chunk. Been about 2 decades since I saw her. Is someone still breeding it?

@meadowman. The Stud is Copper Chem.

Basically a Chem 4 x Chem D.

I am blown away with this line. I can't wait to F2 and really do some Hunting. Very unstable. But all Fire. So many crazy terps. If you love Chem and pheno hunting this is as good as it gets!

I have a Clove smelling female that is going to get hit with the clove smelling "Gift" male.

mushroombrew

Veteran

[/URL]

My buddy just picked up a pack at the Cup from Karma. Where did yours come from? I was telling him it looks like straight fire.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
My buddy just picked up a pack at the Cup from Karma. Where did yours come from? I was telling him it looks like straight fire.

Member gifted them to me. Said he got them as a freebie or something like that. He's here, so maybe he can answer if he's comfortable with that.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Hmm Deep Chunk. Been about 2 decades since I saw her. Is someone still breeding it?

@meadowman. The Stud is Copper Chem.

Basically a Chem 4 x Chem D.

I am blown away with this line. I can't wait to F2 and really do some Hunting. Very unstable. But all Fire. So many crazy terps. If you love Chem and pheno hunting this is as good as it gets!

I have a Clove smelling female that is going to get hit with the clove smelling "Gift" male.

Yeah there's a couple guys that are doing reproduction runs of Deep Chunk. Pretty sure the seeds I have now, are from the same batch, if not the same exact parents as the ones I had going when I got busted last year. I'm really hoping for the pheno that makes those buds that look like spiders. Shit yield, but crazy frost and look super cool.