What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

J

jmeds

I'll take one too haha..

Indica and sativa are relative terms.. There are tall, late flowering indicas and there are short, early blooming sativas as well.

In my opinion og is indica dominant if not pure indica.

I have always been under the impression sativas grow tall and lengthy and indicas are short and bushy (if left untrained). Really all my plants stay short and bushy because I pinch and create shrubs to go along with defoliating. I am at a point where I want to learn more about the science aspect to take my skills to the next level and to educate myself more.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bandit:
Scientists that have studied the differences between indica and sativa have come up with a number of theories based on genetics. One prevailing theory focuses on the genetic production of THC and CBD.

Plants that produce high levels of THC express genes that code for the enzyme THCA synthase. This enzyme converts CBG into THCA, which becomes THC when heated. These plants are typically considered indica.

On the other hand, some plants express genes that code for the enzyme CBDA synthase. This enzyme converts CBG into CBDA, the precursor of CBD, instead. These plants are typically considered sativa.

Based on this explanation, indica plants have high THC:CBD ratios and sativa plants have high CBD:THC ratios.

The problem is that, today, many strains produce varying amounts of both enzymes. Some researchers believe this is due to hybridization of the gene pools, which explains why some sativas are rich in THC and some indicas are not.

n alternate theory based on geographic origin has also been proposed. A common Cannabis species is thought to have originated from central Asia before separating into distinct sativa and indica gene pools.

Recent attempts to distinguish sativa verses indica have relied on a combination of geographical and genetic theories. The existence of a few rare species, such as Cannabis ruderalis, has been suggested but much about them remains unknown.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
& American Journal of Botany

A chemotaxonomic analysis of cannabinoid variation in Cannabis (Cannabaceae)1
Karl W. Hillig2 and Paul G. Mahlberg

Flexin420NyC

Hey guys. Sorry if I'm coming on this a bit too late

Hey guys. Sorry if I'm coming on this a bit too late

So I suppousdly got my hands on the forum cut. Thought it came from a reliable source but for the past couple of months I haven't been able to get in contact with him. Regardless my so called forums are in week 3 of flower. I would say they are the real deal but as of 4-5 days now it's starting to give off a lemony scent!? I kinda smell some cookie dough action in there but it's leading more towards the lemony scent. As you guys can see I'm out here in the east. So coming across exclusive cuts is nearly impossible. Although "supposedly" again I just got some gg4 and triangle k which are Cloning atm and of course I have ecsd. But reading this whole thread and seeing couple of pics the way my forum fans are don't look like the ones I saw on this thread. I haven't seen any purplish fans yet. And from what I saw the fans are pretty much wide while mine are more on a skinnier tip. As a sativa. I would've by now made my mind into knowing they aren't the real forum but I read on one post that forums do have a lemony scent to it so yea beats me!! Lol. I just started growing. This will be my 3rd run. It all started from a Platinum GSC bagseed. It was the only seed in the entire full plate. Honestly thought it was a sign for me to grow. The sad part is, is that I didn't know wth I was doing and poor bagseed ended up dying. I regret that so much cause I should've kept that till I knew what I was doing. Anyhow sorry about this post if it bothered anyone but I'm gonna post a pic of my forum. If anyone can tell if it's real or not would be highly appreciated. I know ppl think cookies are just a hype but In all honesty cookies are my top 5 OGz being in my top 3. So being out here in New York and having a official forum cut would be super fucking awesome. So if you guys can please do Lmk what you think about the cut. Thanks for reading and also the last pic are the triangular kush cuts. Figured I'd show that as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 42

NEGT1

These in the lush lighting are supposedly the forum

Need better pictures, preferably of a whole plant. Hard to say but initial thoughts are that it doesn't look like the forum. The further issue is that unless the person you got it came somewhat publicly verify it, one is left in a pickle.

NEGT1

I have no tie to riot (although I think he's a kick ass dude)but if you are on IG, check #26cookies. Bash on cookie crosses all you'd like but that line produced a lot of good stuff and quite honestly left me with no desire to search out for any clone only cuts.

[QUOTEOGeazy ;6913238]GSC is Shorts F13 x Flo Ridah Kush. Case closed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I've been saying this since the whole f1 thing came out, I was like clearly it's f13 and the labeling must have gotten fucked up and ended up labeled f1. I tell people all the time to go look at a good pic of dj shorts f13 or even the flo.

So I always thought triangle x durban/F13 but u say no durban?

I have no tie to riot (although I think he's a kick ass dude)but if you are on IG, check #26cookies. Bash on cookie crosses all you'd like but that line produced a lot of good stuff and quite honestly left me with no desire to search out for any clone only cuts.

Hey, I ALSO think scamming, thieving, lying, rip off con artists are bad asses too! So, so, super awesome... really glad to have ppl like matt riot screwing us all. :)

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, I ALSO think scamming, thieving, lying, rip off con artists are bad asses too! So, so, super awesome... really glad to have ppl like matt riot screwing us all. :)

how is he ripping people off? Are your seeds better?

Latest posts

Latest posts