What's new

Doing IT outside, Geurilla style 2010

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yes, carrying soil is a gigantic bitch. And unfortunately it's a gigantic bitch I've learned a lot about this summer.

If I might give some advice for next year....

1) Get a camo'd tarp to hide your soil in if you're planning on leaving it anywhere in the woods for any amount of time. Much more difficult for helicopters/passersby/whatever to spot.

2) Get a gigantic backpack. You can likely carry more than you can fit in a bag. We would stuff our bags (we had pretty big backpacks), and then carry a bag in each arm. Carrying it in your arms is far more tiring. Thus, a bigger bag is a great help.

3) Get trekking poles. They make the uphill climb much easier, especially when weighed down by a big pack.

4) Use coco as much as possible. If you're going to be mixing your own, use coco as a filler. I can't stress what a bitch it is moving lots of soil, and any tricks for cutting down on weight help. Water crystals is a nice idea. Also native soil (although we don't really have any native soil to work with, that seems to work for you).

5) It seems to me that a "plot" paradigm would make better use of soil than a "pot" paradigm. If the plants share soil, then ones that need more rootspace can take it from other, less vigorous plants. And if growing from unfem'd seed, you can cull the males and still use their soil. This thinking may have flaws.

6) Allot more time than you think you'll need. You'll need it.

Hehe, speaking of long stoned rambles, eh?

damn i keep missing your posts, some how.

yeah check on most of that list, i will need a big back pack, a good camo'd tarp. not sure about the hiking sticks as i normally need my hands to get to spot 2, or at least 1 hand and 1 stick. i wish we could just catapult the sacks up the slope over the small cliff right into my spot 2 valley, lol.

the nice thing bout nthe frisian is you don't have to worry bout rain,

some phenos will get mold but still yield good , but some phenos are almost immune to mold , the 5 pounder from last year had cellphone sized nuggets and 1/3 stayed out in the rain till the end of october , even though it was ready to harvest october 10th

so the nugs kept on swelling and it kept raining but no mold and the buds where very compact

that pheno was purple and smelled like forestfruits with an earthy undertone

it's great to have some idea of what to expect, so far i have not seen any plants looking like they are gonna be purple or red, but most haven,'t really started flowering yet so it's too early to try guess which phenos i have, i do hope Queeny is one of the better phenos, as she's looking to be the biggest. it will be very interesting to see how all of the different plants do in their conditions.

spot 2; plant 1 :good:

:plant grow:

Nice work GM :tiphat:

:joint:

yeah that queeny is a beaut that's for sure, a few days ago she was still in the very early stages of flowering , so i hope she makes 2 meters or more in the end.

i'll post some pics of spot 4 and 5 in the next days, i'm curious to find out if spot 5 is still there after that whole thing with the branch.

:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
spot 4 and 5

spot 4 and 5

update, spot 4 and 5

like i said before these were my last plants and i put them out only a few weeks back. they were just planted in the soil on location, i added some npk powder, some guano and a few other things to the soil there and hoped for the best. as you will see they are not doing bad, but they have gotten pale and the ph is probably too high as the saw teeth are very slight. i regret not taking the time to give them a bit of good soil. i can imagine they would be looking much better now. still for what it's worth i think they will make a nice bit of bud even so. just wondering if there is anything else i could do to make them look happier. seems to me they are just taking time to adjust to the new soil.

SPOT 4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SPOT 5, things were so quite today i decided to check up on these again despite the whole episode with the tree branch, so far they still are growing lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

see those reddish spots? they were like fine bits of red thread, powdered up when i wiped them, any ideas?

picture.php

the more indica looking plant from spot 4

picture.php

peace

STUPPA

They are looking really healthy man, good work . Your lucky your not in the UK mate it feels like early november at the moment it's not nice at all.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Nice update man. Exciting to see them start budding up like that, eh?

yeah it's fun to see them budding up. notice the one in spot 5 that was topped is already showing a tinge of color in the buds. i'm really starting to get curious about the phenos.

i just wonder why they don't look a bit better color wise and big leaf wise?

They are looking really healthy man, good work . Your lucky your not in the UK mate it feels like early november at the moment it's not nice at all.

the weather here is playing along quite well, a bit more rain then is needed, but still nice and hot days in between the rain. have been very lucky this summer, no need to water. sun is beating down on them. when you see them in the flesh, you can tell that these guys are not 100% happy. i guess they didn't have enough time to adjust to the local soil before flowering kicked in. as i added npk ferts and guano, chalk and other beneficial stuff. i should have taken the extra time to give them each a half bag of soil. oh well, you live and learn eh? next year i will dig holes and put my own earth mix for every plant.

thanks for checking in guys, i'll update spot 1 and 2 or spot 3 next.

peace out :wave:

Fergus

What I can say to you man, you are THE MAN.

Really big respect from Italy, you are inspiring me.

Great job really dude.

MJBadger

Veteran
i should have taken the extra time to give them each a half bag of soil. oh well, you live and learn eh? next year i will dig holes and put my own earth mix for every plant.

From an indoor grower to a grower in the woods you ain`t done bad at all ! You are already thinking on improvements for the future . Where in the world doe`s an indoor grower walking through a growroom get to smell the woods after the rain , the wind in your hair & the river roaring down ? They never do , that`s why the outdoor growers smile more .
Your doing great , fingers x`d for your harvest .

Stay green .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:dance013: I see happiness! :dance013:

Nice update G-Man. :good:

Nice buds coming in there.:tiphat:

yeah spot 4 and 5 are not bad for all that, these small plants will make the perfect test to see if the sites are any use. if the get ripped i know for the price of a couple of small plants that the spot is no good, on the other hand if they make it i will feel great about doing the extra work and bringing a bunch of soil in early on. i hope to get some alpine rocket next year. as well as some other things

lookin good , byh the looks of them they just need extra npk

when did you last topdress?

yeah that was my first thought too, they look hungry. i just didn't think it could be after such a short time. i had to check, but the plants above are now only 2 weeks out there, could they have used the last dose of npk powder i mixed into the soil there? i guess i will go back and add a bit more npk powder. i some how didn't think i'd need to feed them again with npk, thought to give them only guano for flowering? i have a feeling it is more likely to be ph related some how. that powder should last them a month. hm hard choice, will have to take the fert with me and decide when i see them again, for next check up.

What I can say to you man, you are THE MAN.

Really big respect from Italy, you are inspiring me.

Great job really dude.

well that's high praise indeed, but to be honest i'm just a beginner when it comes to guerrilla growing. learning by doing as they say :)

you guys in Italy have even better weather for this hobby, you should try it too.

From an indoor grower to a grower in the woods you ain`t done bad at all ! You are already thinking on improvements for the future . Where in the world doe`s an indoor grower walking through a growroom get to smell the woods after the rain , the wind in your hair & the river roaring down ? They never do , that`s why the outdoor growers smile more .
Your doing great , fingers x`d for your harvest .

Stay green .

and it's thanks to people like you helping out with your ideas and comments that i'm inspired to put my newly aquired knowledge into practice for next year.

very true the guerrilla grow is special in many ways, but one of the big benefits is getting out doors and immersing yourself in nature. it's a lot of work too, so you get free exercise sessions too :)

well now that i have a few plants actually clearly flowering i'm starting to dare to hope i might, possibly, harvest some thing, lol. thanks for the good thoughts...

:wave:

Fergus

well that's high praise indeed, but to be honest i'm just a beginner when it comes to guerrilla growing. learning by doing as they say :)

you guys in Italy have even better weather for this hobby, you should try it too.

:wave:

Better weather for sure, but we don't have the same big alone space that have you in America...
40minutes of bike around me there are everywhere houses & small cities, not big parks where try...

G

guest5703

Looks good bro! Gotta love the great outdoors, keep it safe and good luck to you!!! Peace

rocket high

Veteran
Good update GS

so they have started to flower :biggrin:... lets hope you get a harvest in ;)

That alpine rocket sounds good is it a swiss strain ?
ive not seen much of it on ic ...
keep up the good work ;)

plough

kudos, gaius :tiphat:

maybe leave a note at spot#5 inviting your "visitors" to help themselves to a few buds, kinda reward them a little for their discovery. :) I was thinking of doing that, there's some signs that my area may have been discovered. Like your spot, however, the plants are still there, so I'll be keeping my fingers X'd it's just some hunter thats chill. Whattya think?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very cool pics and update. Great info on testing spots thanks.

hehe, you make it sound like everything was all planned out, lol. in fact things just kinda turned out like they did and i as always try to make the best of things and look at the positive side. but it is true, being late with those still allows me to find out how feasible the spot is. thanks for looking in m8.

Better weather for sure, but we don't have the same big alone space that have you in America...
40minutes of bike around me there are everywhere houses & small cities, not big parks where try...

actually i am lot closer to you then the USA, we are practically neighbors :) but we do have a lot less rigid rules about cannabis then you guys do. i hope Italy starts to pay attention to what the rest of the world is doing with cannabis. all the best from your neighbor in the north. :)

Looks good bro! Gotta love the great outdoors, keep it safe and good luck to you!!! Peace

yeah it's a lot of fun and the sun makes things a lot cheaper then powering those hps lights. i'm learning a lot, next years thread should be a bit more gangsta style, roflmao.

Good update GS

so they have started to flower :biggrin:... lets hope you get a harvest in ;)

That alpine rocket sounds good is it a swiss strain ?
ive not seen much of it on ic ...
keep up the good work ;)

the first to flower were the first plants i planted in spot 1. they started flowering about 3 weeks ago. but they are growing with less then full days of direct sunlight hence they have not gotten big at all even though they had the longest veg season. forest soil didn't help much either i guess :)

the alpine rocket is one of the few outdoor strains i have smoke which i found were impressively tasty. our climate makes it hard to finish the really nice indoor stuff unless you do a black box or use a greenhouse. so a lot of outdoor thats around tends to be less then special. as i wish to do a bigger better guerrilla run next year i want to buy a few more fast early strains good for the swiss climate. i'd love to try erocket too.

kudos, gaius :tiphat:

maybe leave a note at spot#5 inviting your "visitors" to help themselves to a few buds, kinda reward them a little for their discovery. :) I was thinking of doing that, there's some signs that my area may have been discovered. Like your spot, however, the plants are still there, so I'll be keeping my fingers X'd it's just some hunter thats chill. Whattya think?

hehe leaving a note is not part of my plan roflmao. it would be cool if i could be sure no one else finds the plot in the future. but i wouldn't want some one with bad intentions towards me to get their hands on a note from me. if the guy wants it he will go back and take it if he can, if not he'll leave it. as the grower normally wants it to be ripe the odds are in favor of the ripper, as he won't care and will take it as soon as it looks like there is some thing to smoke on it. but we will see.

it's hard to know how well or bad intentioned the person was that found your plot. by leaving me the branch as a sign he kinda told me, i mean no harm. but if they left no sign and you just noticed signs, you really don't know what their intentions are. better search surrounding trees with a camera with good zoom or a set of binoculars, look at every tree and branch with a view of your spot. you want to be as sure as possible there are no cameras watching your spot now. taking pics and zooming in on the comp at home should allow you to examine your surroundings minutely. in the end you are probably in the same boat as me, just some guy who means no harm found them?

best of luck

plough

hehe leaving a note is not part of my plan roflmao. it would be cool if i could be sure no one else finds the plot in the future. but i wouldn't want some one with bad intentions towards me to get their hands on a note from me. if the guy wants it he will go back and take it if he can, if not he'll leave it. as the grower normally wants it to be ripe the odds are in favor of the ripper, as he won't care and will take it as soon as it looks like there is some thing to smoke on it. but we will see.

it's hard to know how well or bad intentioned the person was that found your plot. by leaving me the branch as a sign he kinda told me, i mean no harm. but if they left no sign and you just noticed signs, you really don't know what their intentions are. better search surrounding trees with a camera with good zoom or a set of binoculars, look at every tree and branch with a view of your spot. you want to be as sure as possible there are no cameras watching your spot now. taking pics and zooming in on the comp at home should allow you to examine your surroundings minutely. in the end you are probably in the same boat as me, just some guy who means no harm found them?

best of luck
yeah.
it may have been a false alarm. think about it this way, though. what would you have done, maybe 20 years ago, or when you were just like mr. joe six-pack and didn't smoke, maybe you knew what it was, what it looked like, and you just stumbled on a grow. you would have freaked, right? i'm sure it'd kick that "fight or flight" response in me, even now. If someone discovered your area and they took the time to sort of let you know ... but I guess even then there's a chance that they let the authorities know as well. I should get a mask or something. :Bolt:

THC123

Veteran
Hey gm ,

i think your harvest will be around 3rd week october-end of october as normally they start flowering in the beginning of august , but cuz you planted late, harvest is also later

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah.
it may have been a false alarm. think about it this way, though. what would you have done, maybe 20 years ago, or when you were just like mr. joe six-pack and didn't smoke, maybe you knew what it was, what it looked like, and you just stumbled on a grow. you would have freaked, right? i'm sure it'd kick that "fight or flight" response in me, even now. If someone discovered your area and they took the time to sort of let you know ... but I guess even then there's a chance that they let the authorities know as well. I should get a mask or something. :Bolt:

yeah a insect net for the face is a good way to defeat game cameras. lets hope we are both lucky and get to harvest our risky spots :)

Hey gm ,

i think your harvest will be around 3rd week october-end of october as normally they start flowering in the beginning of august , but cuz you planted late, harvest is also later

that makes sense THC123 m8, the only ones that might be finished end of this month are the 2 plants in the forest soil in spot 1. they started flowering 2 weeks before the rest. i was there today and took some pics, the topped plant is actually starting to make two decent looking colas.

Update Spot 1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this one really isn't getting enough light at all it seems

picture.php

picture.php