What's new

Doing it Outside 2011

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
gaiusmarius off to a good start mate :) was wondering where your OD grow was this year :)

besxt of luck with it mate

MJBadger

Veteran
Anyone know of a green Marigold ? coz i`m bloody sure a bright Orangey thing will stand out like a Pork Sausage at certain religious festivals .
Marigold works as a companion plant in the garden to deter Aphid but the only plant i know deters deer is Lavender .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
gaiusmarius off to a good start mate :) was wondering where your OD grow was this year :)

besxt of luck with it mate

my outdoor this year is running pretty much on auto pilot, what there is of it, lol. down to 6 plants last time i checked and that was ages ago. planning a visit the next rainy day, wanna give them some flowering guano and some nettle FPE for all. also need to mark the spots with no plants so i find them again next season in the chest high vegetation. will probably have to refresh the soil a bit, but will save me some lugging and with cages the spots will work fine i think.

Anyone know of a green Marigold ? coz i`m bloody sure a bright Orangey thing will stand out like a Pork Sausage at certain religious festivals .
Marigold works as a companion plant in the garden to deter Aphid but the only plant i know deters deer is Lavender .

was thinking the same thing about the marigolds, just a bit too colorful for a companion plant in a guerrilla grow, lol. yeah i hear lavender is a biatch to get rid of, so i don't want to introduce it to the natural habitat in case it takes over where it shouldn't. the cages will do the trick fine. i must say i'm most curious to see whats happening out there, are they still there or are they deer fodder by now? some how i doubt the mums are gone, unless ripped, but the last fd did make a tempting deer treat, so i'll just have to hope for the best and prepare myself for the worst.

btw made a superb looking and smelling bubble run today with all trim from sdxcj phenos. have a feeling this bubble is gonna rock, the smell from the frozen trim alone was already real nice, let alone the smell of the wet hash......mhmmmm fucking yummmm! 1st run 73 looks like golden color baby poop, lol.

peace out :tiphat: :kos:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
haha i just posted a new thread with some sdxcj bubble i made, that shit is rocking my world after only 36 hours of drying, should find it easy in the hash section.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:bongsmi:

MJBadger

Veteran
You could always think about planting Lavender as companion plant in a pot to stop it spreading , be fine as long as they get some water as Lavender can tolerate fairly dry conditions .

Enjoy the bubble , little tip next time you make it , place it on a piece of cardboard , i hav`nt found anything to beat it & it drys out fairly quick .

Stay safe & tick free .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i some times used waxed cardboard hotdog trays, but i stopped using normal cardboard after the first time making bubble and having it stick to the hash and be a pain to get all the little rests of cardboard back off the hash, hotdog trays are cardboard but non stick, while the oven paper is also non stick making it very convenient for drying the bubble which will be sticky even when it's completely dry. i get zero rests stuck on the paper this way. no rush for it to dry either, still have plenty of older bubble to smoke while this dries and cures properly. not that it really needs it, you can smoke this stuff really soon after making, just needs to be dry for safe storage.

yeah i guess pots of lavender spread around the guerrilla will again defeat the stealth of the guerrilla grow. pots will stick out unless i use camoed pots i guess.

MJBadger

Veteran
pots will stick out unless i use camoed pots

Plant the pot in the ground next to Le Pot plant then you can lift them when you need .

I know what you mean about the hash sticking to card but i find that if most of the water is squeezed off with a towel while still in the Bubble Bag it`s not too bad . Your bubble looks to be fairly wet . ENJOY .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's actually considered bad methodology to squeeze the hash when it's still wet, i used the pressing screens for a long time, until i realized that my hash was coming out better when i didn't press until the bubble is fully dry. from what i understand, pressing it when you collect it off the bag screen will actually end up locking water into the hash. don't ask me why this is, but when you discuss bubble making with the guys posting the crazy looking shit where you can still see the trichomes in the end product all agree, no pressing while wet at all. but in the end bubble making is really easy with bubble bags, and very hard to muck it up. as i said i used to always press it to remove water and i still got fmcd on occasion. interesting subject for sure...but i purposefully didn't squeeze it to remove the water this time.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Would you like the gps coordinates too? Fucking moron, you don't ask questions like that.

i think shroomyshrom was asking where my outdoor grow thread was this season? not really where the grow was, hehe. at least i'm guessing not as we are in separate continents lol.

:wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry it's been so long, last time i went to check on them we were down to 4 plants, 3 of which had been attacked all along the lower part. which stunted the growth a bit. quite depressing, but totally predictable in a way. anyway too much stuff going on to worry too much about these girls. i just know to start with fences next season no matter what. could have saved on the packet of outdoor seeds lol. i'll post the pics as soon as i feel like doing it hehe. have been busy harvesting indoors and now im stuck to my chair from smoking my afghan diesel when i should be taking measurements at another place. oh well it's one of those days i guess.

peace out, will update with pics soon...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I see, sorry for the confusion. :dance013:

no worries

best wishes with your season gaius! ill check back in later :joint:

cheers mate

Give us update mate :tiphat:

peace

DiMoDz

ok man, here the pics..

July 21st, Afghan Diesel

like i said above down to 4 plants, the youngest AD got chomped to bits. at this rate i'll be lucky to get anything lol. maybe a few top buds, but maybe they will bite the stem till the higher branches break and fall within reach. bastards...

picture.php

picture.php

check the ugly slug, i pierced him on a twig for bird food, my mate found and killed another one that was getting close.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace out

THC123

Veteran
damn , better luck next year ey

i will also never do another guerillia without a cage from the beginning

ah well at least you have happy brother bx coming your way

happy bro is soooooo nice mmmmm

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gaius :tiphat:

They're not looking too bad really, you should be able to still pull a couple of decent tops from there, if the deer lets you :) On the plus side, you should feel good for feeding the local fauna, and I'm not talking about the ticks! :laughing:

But yeah, cages. They're fairly easy to make, light, and once they are in the site you can reuse them.

Happy trimming,

B

rocket high

Veteran
Hi Gaius

For not visiting much... they look fine ...

yep cages from the off is deffo the way ahead ... bloody deer wont get a chance next year lol

Latest posts

Latest posts