What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DOIN' IT BLIND...

kurlyq2g

looking great man, i like that last series of pictures, deff. some good shots in there

really starting to get big might have to get a training bra for your girls haha

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
thank you. just the kind of response i was looking for :)
and im right to assume your are buckets filled with medium, Hughie?
thanks again for the help. i have never seriously grown hydro just fooled around with dwc in the past
and wasnt at all impressed, so ive not switched to hydro till now.
Ive also tried the various hydroponic type cloning methods, and have used plenty of hydroponic nutes in soiless,
so have a decent grasp of it. but again, just now jumping balls deep into hydro., and need to make it count :)
so thanks again for all the help guys sorry for the brief thread hijack,
just trying to grasp as i read-along. thx again and have a good day/nite :)

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
loving the pics, Blunt :yes:
Blunt_69 said:
9118superdupclosup.jpg

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Thanks guys!! I was in a Hydro store the other day...Talking with the owner.. We got to a point in the conversation of what media we liked to use. He said he was a sunshine 4 fan,I told him nah soils to much work. Go hydro. He sayes to me, well i still like to have a life.. If only he knew how easy some systems are!! This is the single biggest misconception out there.

Sure some systems are a major bitch to get up and running, and keep running(aero comes to mind).Some systems are backbreaking work(DWC in single buckets)Some like ebb/flow tables are a realitivly easy system to work with.
In the case of DWC in single buckets...id go soil myself....lighter, more forgiving.

You want the best of everything. Good yeilds, easy maintenance and low work factor when it's running.If it can't be automated, whats the point! The trays cost under 150$ + some time with a skill saw.

Last edited:

BabyHughie

Spoken true blunt! Hydro is FAR EASIER than soil if you pick the right system. Shit I haven't even done a res change this entire grow and Ive cleaned the buckets once at the start of 12/12.

Pick the right system and hydro is (almost) as easy as sitting back and watching them grow for a few months. :joint:

PS soil = less work (but more mess) than standalone DWC but the growth is not even close.

soil = pinto

ebb and flow = porsche 911

DWC = f1 car

:D

Last edited:

mace_ecam

well said Blunt, unconnected 5gal DWC buckets suck big time
been there, done that myself, 3 buckets are a real pita
next round i went with big tubs (17 gal), way better, but temp problems still persisted, really looking into E&F for convinience

Blunt_69

Veteran
PS soil = less work (but more mess) than standalone DWC but the growth is not even close.
Again it depends on growing styles and experiance. I go head to head with a soil grower all the time. We compare size, speed, taste. I gotta say, he grows just as big if not larger buds then myself. Im about 2 weeks ahead of him in veg growth under the same time period. Other then that very similer, he is a very experianced grower. Almost have him talked into dro!! probly do a bio bucket setup as he likes to grow trees!! i figured he could almost shave 3 weeks of veg if he was to convert.

Thanks for checking in VHghost & ecam. cheers!

Last edited:
R

rule35sub1

looks good blunt, gimme my bio-buckets any day, soil is for moms :woohoo:

BabyHughie

Blunt_69 said:
Again it depends on growing styles and experiance. I go head to head with a soil grower all the time. We compare size, speed, taste. I gotta say, he grows just as big if not larger buds then myself. Im about 2 weeks ahead of him in veg growth under the same time period. Other then that very similer, he is a very experianced grower. Almost have him talked into dro!! probly do a bio bucket setup as he likes to grow trees!! i figured he could almost shave 3 weeks of veg if he was to convert.

Thanks for checking in VHghost & ecam. cheers!

thats exactly what Im talking about. With hydro you get a considerably lower veg time and more stretch/growth during the 12/12 stretch (lowers veg times even more).

No doubt that per grow yields can be very similar if the soil grower is dialed in but over the course of a year the hydro grower will kill the soil grower even if they are doing a worse job maintaining the grow for the sheer fact that they can get 2 more grows in per year.

With a real slow veggin indica you can cut your veg times by 2/3 with hydro. It would take 90+ days of veg on an urkle in soil to match a 3-4 week vegged urkle in hydro yield wise.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Oh yeah no doubt, over a course of a year a hydro grower will crop more times then in soil. The bio buckets seem to be the best solution for his garden size and growing methods.He's not real good with science, any system advise i give him i have to keep this in the back of my mind.

1. easy system to run

2. Hard water issues.

If it isnt easy he wont change. Sure the quicker veg times are nice but if he has to check shit everyday the system wont fly.bottom line it's gotta be easier then soil.

I was going to suggest NFT or Areo, then started thinking about possible problems with both systems.

Aero would be an issue because of the water, misters would be getting clogged non stop.He's not getting RO.
NFT to do it properly, the cost to build it could get quite expensive.

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
I keep missing the lights out...ahhwell.

Check this out, Fake Purps...Done in photoshop.

9118hahafakepurps.jpg

ok these ones are legit!!!

9118weete.jpg

9118kindacoos.jpg

9118Niceksk.jpg

I was smoking a fatty with a buddy of a buddy today. This is the second time hes smoked my chiba with me(helping him out with his laptop)> Anyways, the first time he got so baked that he lost his words and train of thought in the middle of a conversation...3 times !! lol it was so funny, i kept harassin him. Then today he came over and we smoke a modest sized joint(to some a fatty), afterwards we were having a smoke. he just liked power inhaled his smoke, and vegged out for a good 5 min, staring at the wall, while i finished mine!! I asked him if he had enjoyed the smoke i had...

He looks at me, with that stoned gleem in his eye and sayes "man....Ive smoked alot of dope in my time..but that stuff rates as some of the best smoke ive ever smoked". I grinned and told him it comes from a close personal friend of mine..
Man that felt good!! Ive never had anyone ever say that about my grass before..I mean damn!! Happy happy blunt69 i am!! offf to smoke a doobie!!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Last week of nutrients in flower for me.Topped up the system last night with fresh batch of mix.. It looks like i erraticated those little bastard mites. two weeks ago.dont see any new damage or webing.I also see nothing on my clones.

The NL X DT cross grew way different this round. Got really fat and dense(much denser then the nl)!! Maybe I will run 1 or two of them again next round.

I still havent found a blunt69 deal on an AC unit. I never pay full price for anything. but I'd really like try a round with my temps cooler.im sitting around 32-34 degrees celcius.. I'd like to drop that temp down to 24-26..The trays are uneffected by ambient tempse

Also I still dont run any CO2. Because i have a relaitivly small area i work in, I worry about the heat a burner would induce.on the other hand, Im not to big on opening a gas account.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Updates!!!! ....Im having a hard time not cutting any(holding myself back!!), The cross is looking sooooooooyummy......lucky my stash isnt out, not yet anyways....
Im guestmating here but, definatly over a pound this time. from 4 plants!!!!

9118full_gardennot.jpg

9118Godthatlooks_good-med.jpg
9118yumm389-med.jpg

9118clossedupper2.jpg

9118clossedup12.jpg

9118clossedup.jpg

Blunt_69

Veteran
Thanks VT!! Took some samplers off the lower branches tonight, gotta give em a few days to dry.Tricomes still look clear to me(using a 100X magnifier). gonna give them a few more days and flush em out..Got 6 new babies to replace these monsters with(same strains).

Geezuz I need to pay attention.. almost dried em out..bad blunt69...bad.. Gonna start them on a light feeding schedule, get them a bit bigger before i transplant them into the trays. They are starting to fade yellow from lack of nutrients. Like to keep them small untill im ready for them to get huge. Takes about 3 weeks to grow them 6 to 12 inches.

May all your buds be fat, and frosty
blunt_69

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Well, Id say mission accomplished!!

I tried a different method of flushing this time...seems to have done the trick!

Northern Lights X dutch treat cross

9118mmmmgood12.jpg

9118mmmmgood2.jpg

Northern Lights

9118mmmmgood4.jpg

9118mmmmmgood3.jpg

bigboy
9118bigboy56.jpg

Chunky
9118chunky2.jpg

Chunky compare
9118comparedachunk.jpg

bigboycompare
9118compare2123.jpg

V

vhGhost

Then some FAT cola's dude!!! :yummy:
What was different about the way you flushed ?