What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DOIN' IT BLIND...

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
My mite problem seems to have reared its ugly head again...pisses me off, its always in the middle of flower they seem to reappear....

totally clean throughout most of veg and early bud stages.

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Yeah ive seen that kicken around, maybe i should mix er up and give it a go.....sounds nasty fo sure!! Updates tonight.. Gotta hit them with a top up round of nutes.

Blunt_69

Veteran
mmmmmm - k. I cant find my magnifieing glass anywhere......I can get closer macro shots but without it, no.

Still Im gonna have to go ahead a put a warning up...no drooling.lol!!
enjoy.

9118holyhellyum.jpg

9118cloerupper2.jpg

9118closeruper.jpg

Blunt_69

Veteran
The Dopest - Thanks these are the biggest plants ive grown in this system...and im a likein whats going on!!

rule35sub1 - bundle up tight, heavy frost warning on the way!!

Stoned2Death - The colas are long and dense. I did some serious trimming in veg. I really need to find another denses producer like NL. the cross strain im growing is nowhere near the potency.

Clones have all rooted and are ready for transplant as soon as these finish up. about 6-12 inches an looking healthy. I veg for a month(typically)then flip. About a 3 month turnaround!

had some fun with the younglings this time. majorly hacked, Ive found i can grow large main stems when i train them young like this. I try for around 3-4 main stalks from each plant.

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
finally got some pictures of my stuff dried and cured.. This is taken from a single bud, tried to do the photographic deal on it.
9118driedcured.jpg

9118driedcured2.jpg

9118driedcured3.jpg

9118supduperclose.jpg

Last edited:

BabyHughie

I checked my PHs today just for shits and giggles and PH in one of my DWC buckets was in the 4s :yoinks: The plant looks healthy too, no yellowing or anything. Blew my mind tho.

DWC man its all over the place! I really need to recirc if Im gonna keep doin the DWC thing. :joint: My multiflow is so much easier to work with. Set it and forget it (for a week) :D

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
this may sound silly to most, but im fairly new to hydro...
@Baby Hugh, why is that? thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance b/c it seems that some strains do better at different pH than others... id think DWC stand-alone units would make things easier to manage in that department.. as far as labor, i can see why the multiflow would be ideal.. what kind of multiflow sys. u run? dwc buckets? be well :yes:

Blunt_69

Veteran
The magic trays are reciculated every 3 hours for 10 mins.
I couldnt even imagine how much work must be involved growing dwc with no way of replenishing Nutes(never tried it)...Not only that the swing(ph/ppm) that happens in each seperate bucket.The constent checking and maintenance.not for me, shits gotta be relitivly easy, i jumped right into building this system. The rez provides nutes to all(SWC) trays this is where the stability occurs. Of course it shifts, but because your working with sheer volume from a common source the swing is very small.

I can leave the trays for up to a week if fully loaded.Everything else is taken care of via timer.

alright aright enough babbling..... to the pics!!Looks like the NLXDT cross is a quicker finisher. about 20-30 percent red hairs.

Thanks for checking in fellas!!! You comments are valued input!!

9118NLXDTcrosses3.jpg
9118NLXDTcrosses2.jpg

9118nlXDTcrossclose.jpg

9118Nlcloses2.jpg

9118NLclosees.jpg

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Thanks Guys!! Karma coming your way!! This is my fav part of the grow, right when they start to fatten!!

Blunt_69

Veteran
playing around....

9118superdupclosup.jpg

9118crazycrystals36.jpg

9118crazycrystals23.jpg

9118Crazycrystals.jpg

Did I mention I found the magnifieing glass....

Last edited:

BabyHughie

ethereal said:
this may sound silly to most, but im fairly new to hydro...
@Baby Hugh, why is that? thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance b/c it seems that some strains do better at different pH than others... id think DWC stand-alone units would make things easier to manage in that department.. as far as labor, i can see why the multiflow would be ideal.. what kind of multiflow sys. u run? dwc buckets? be well :yes:

Nah you have it all backwards man DWC standalone is the biggest bitch of any growing method EVER! Trust me in veg its OK but in flowering you have no clue how much work it is to maintain proper PH and PPM levels AND waterlevels on more than 1 or 2 buckets unless youve done it. Its daily maintenance on EVERY bucket you have. At the very least topping off. Which is not hard per say but when you think about the jungles that some of us have getting to a bucket in order to maintain it can be quite the task :joint:

I run both standalone DWC buckets AND a multiflow, which is an ebb and flow bucket system.

The reason the mutliflow is so much easier to maintain is because I only have to maintain ONE resevior and I only have to do it once a week.

On one hand you have maintaining 1 res weekly, on the other you have maintaining 5 reseviors daily. which one is better? :joint:

I would go recirc with the DWC and this would get me only 1 resevior, BUT then I would have to get a res chiller($$$$), worry about overflows (ie FLOODED ASS GROW) and the growth is so explosive that you are still going to want to at least check things daily IMO. With explosive growth IF things get out of wack they do it VERY VERY fast.

Basically I find the multiflow to be the best blend of high growth rates and overall low effort. :joint:

Blunt who needs meters? Not you :biglaugh:

PS
The magic trays are reciculated every 3 hours for 10 mins.
I couldnt even imagine how much work must be involved growing dwc with no way of replenishing Nutes(never tried it)...Not only that the swing(ph/ppm) that happens in each seperate bucket.The constent checking and maintenance.not for me, shits gotta be relitivly easy, i jumped right into building this system. The rez provides nutes to all(SWC) trays this is where the stability occurs. Of course it shifts, but because your working with sheer volume from a common source the swing is very small.

exactly! I would also add that because the swings are so small there is a greater possibility of them correcting themselves before things get out of hand (4.0 PH for example :yoinks:)

Im with ya blunt not much work (but good results) is what its all about :joint:

Last edited: